2010 XC70

2010 Volvo XC70

2010 Volvo XC70

4.0

Have you driven the 2010 Volvo XC70?

Awesome Car

by Owner from Kutztown, PA on Tue Feb 16 2010

This car is amazing. I have never seen anything handle like it in the snow. The only way I get stuck in the snow is if the wheels are not reaching the ground anymore. It's not the most powerful car but it drives very nice. It is worth the money. It is very safe and I feel great in it.

Always wanted a Volvo wagon!

by Volvo lover from Texas on Thu Aug 26 2010

I've always wanted a Volvo and finally bought one. Thank goodness. It is just as wonderful as I dreamed it would be....smooth ride, fabulous interior, easy to park, snappy engine. The only thing that could be better is gas mileage. I don't travel too far so I don't care but that could be a big factor for others.

I got a deal

by Thrifty from Seaside OR. on Thu Oct 04 2012

Sept 30th 2012 purchased 2010 xc70, with 16,600miles for 26 grand . Loaded with every thing but parking sensers and power lift gate. This is a solid wagon capable of carrying 2 dog carriers and wife's power scooter. Leather seats are heated and power on both sides. Climate controls allow us to set separate settings. Back seat fold flat, not tilted like outback. Non turbo is all you will need for everyday stuff and it will take regular fuel.Be advised though, New it sticker for over 40 grand, someone took quite a hit for the first 2 years.

Best Volvo Thus Far

by Volvo Nut from Indianapolis, IN on Fri Feb 25 2011

This is my forth Volvo ? ?97 850GLT, ?01 V70 XC, and ?05 XC90 were my previous three. I have been happy with all of them but this is the best so far. I purchased the 3.2 version. It has plenty of power for my style of driving (average driver ? by no means a lead foot). It has much better pick-up than my XC90 (2.5T AWD) though. The seats are very comfortable and the ride is smooth. It handles well for its size and weight. My driving is mostly city where I have get around 18 mpg. On a recent highway trip I got around 25 mpg. While neither is great, I purchased the vehicle for safety rather than fuel economy. My philosophy is that I may spend a more in fuel but if I am able to walk away from what might otherwise be a fatal crash in a lesser vehicle, it is more than worth the money. As for reliability, the XC70 has the Safe & Secure Plan (?09 and newer) ? no maintenance cost for 5 yr./60K. I can?t say how they do long-term - I sold my 850GLT 160k and the V70XC and XC90 at around 90k.

This is a great car that my wife and I both enjoy!

by Colorado Guy from Cleveland suburbs in Ohio on Wed Sep 04 2013

I love the way this car rides and handles. The miles per gallon has been 21.5 in the suburbs and 25.5 on a recent trip to Vermont where we cruised at 45-75 on state highways and I 87. We bought this car used with 24,000 miles despite reviews that stated we would get poor economy etc. We found friends and sites that stated we would get better gas mileage than most review sites. I am glad we took the plunge and bought this car. My wife has a 2011 BMW X3 that is nice and has a lot of pluses and comfort also but the Volvo XC 70 is a car that is built to be a cross country cruiser. The ride is smooth on the highway and the car offers seats that my wife and I find more comfortable. All in all this is a car that we LOVE to be in. It is easy to vacuum and clean. The swedish lines are functional as well as pleasing to the eye . The seats are very comfortable. The acceleration is fine with the 3.2. and we can pass cars easily on the interstate when the need arises . The dog loves looking out the windows. Everything seems to be engineered very well for comfort as well as safety. The rear seats fold down flat and it is easy to pack . It clearly is a better car than the Honda CRV I had prior to this car. I would give this car higher marks than the BMW X3 we own. We have owned an Audi A4 we loved and test drove a 2010 A4 Avant but this car just offered more features and space. We are extremely pleased with our decision to buy the 2010 XC 70.

Great Car for the Adventurous Traveller

by Zudnick from Boulder, CO on Fri Oct 31 2014

This car is great for two sorts of people: families (obviously), but also people who like getting out into the mountains and adventuring off the beaten path. Its high ride and great AWD means it can handle most light to moderate trails, and it plows through snow like a tank. Additionally, its crazy large interior means it is able to carry quite a lot of gear (as well as sleep two adults in comfort if the plan should change). I will admit, though that it is not exactly sporty on the road. The 240 hp 3.2L straight six in mine is what you might call just enough power. It doesn't feel weak really, but is not particularly exciting. Additionally, its cornering is not amazing on account of its weight, but is still very secure. These problems, however are kind of beyond the point, though, as this is not a car that is intended as a usual sporty luxury car. It is designed for versatility and go-anywhere ability, and to that extent it is rivaled by none. So if you need a car that is safe, holds a lot, and will take you anywhere in any conditions (and SUVs are not your thing), this is the car for you. If you want something sportier, get a BMW 3-series wagon because they are perfect in every way.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Just bought it and love it

by Kelli from Maynard, MA on Sat Dec 09 2017

Never owned a luxury car and couldn't believe I got this one affordably. It is so comfortable and drives like velvet. Volvos are probably the world's safest cars. I am very happy with the XC70.

Volvo XC70 T6

by Rudy from Tampa, FL on Wed Apr 26 2017

Very comfortable ride on long trips, good performance with good road manners, it could be a little better on gas but comfort and convenience features make up for it, very roomy.

Continual Problems

by Swede from Denver, Colorado on Wed Oct 30 2013

My review of Feb. 2010 needs to be updated. We continued to have problems with the rear brakes. As I said previously the dealer we purchased XC 70 has washed their hands of the problems. The Littleton Volvo dealer continued to address the brake problems. A total of three rear brake systems have been replace. The problem was the brake pads not the braking system. One of the brake failures resulted in a distorted drive shaft which caused vibrations at all speeds. The drive shaft was replaced, the vibration was less but was still present. The regional tech from Phoenix came to denver, he took a test drive and when we returned to the dealership he asked what we wanted. I stated we purchased a new Volvo in January 2010 and put up with 19 days in for service. He agreed and said we could choose any 2010 Volvo XC 70 on the lot. We selected a white XC 70 and exchanged titles. Great dealership and Volvo response to a significant problem. The new Volvo XC 70 has not had any brake problems but for more than a year while driving the computers on board that control the gas peddle and transmission selection have quite working resulting in the engine to return to idle and placing the transmission in neutral. The technicians can not find the problem but we have continued driving the car. All problems quite for more than a year until last week when the engine went from idle to 1,800 rpm for about three seconds when the car was put in gear from park. Brake pedal was fully depressed and fortunately I was able to stop the car. The engine returned to idle and worked normally afterwards. We have only driven this car 21,750 miles since June of 2010, only light use except for one 3,000 mile trip to Canada. After more than 40 years of driving Volvos we have given up. Never again will we own a Volvo. Take notice the multiple computers on board are the reason for the problems with the Volvo they replaced.

Does not recommend this car!!

Rear Brakes

by Volvo Owners for 40 Years from Denver, Colorado on Wed Feb 03 2010

We purchased a 2010 Volvo XC70 on Jan 22, 2010. While driving the car home from the dealership we experienced a pulsating noise when we braked. The noise slowed as we slowed. I returned the car to the dealership and described the problem. A technician drove the car and said he could not duplicate the noise but did some minor adjustments and reported everything was alright and it was safe to drive the car. I drove home and immediately experienced the same noise. I called the dealer and the salesman came by our house and took the car. The following day the dealership's "best mechanic" had the car for the day. During his test drive he heard the noise. He reported in his summary he had heard the noise, returned to service department and removed the rear brakes and found nothing wrong. Salesman called to say the car was fine. We drove the car and immediately heard the noise. I took the car to another Volvo dealer and their shop foreman took the car and heard not only the original noise but a loud metal to metal grinding in the left rear brake assembly. Volvo Regional Technician reviewed the problem and instructed the shop foreman to replace rotors, calipers and pads for the rear brake assembly. Shop foreman showed me the effected rotor and brake pad. Rotor was deeply scored and pad had a large metal fragment (from pad itself) missing. Be aware that Volvo disc brake pads supplied by TRW may be a problem due the size of the metal particles imbedded in the brake material. Dealer who sold us the vehicle has washed their hands of our problem but assured us the car was safe to drive.

Does not recommend this car!!

1 2