2014 XC90

2014 Volvo XC90

2014 Volvo XC90

Have You Driven the 2014 Volvo XC90?

Old School SUV

by Jojolola from New Jersey on Mon Nov 25 2013

Some say the XC90 is styling dated - but I think it depends on you point of view. I think the XC90 has a type of timeless exterior look, I looked at the Acura MDX the new Pathfinder, GM products, Jeep and Dodge... I choose the Volvo for the value I received. The SUV drives well and the interior is nicely done... the exterior has a rugged look. I had a hard time with the dual screens in the MDX to much to look at and fiddle with. The XC90 does lack tech features but for fills the basics, SAT radio, iPod integration, BT Audio. I purchased the premium package - and the upgraded leather is very with real wood inlays and the wood steering wheel. MPG isn't to bad I get 22MPG in mixed driving. The XC90 can also tow 5,000lbs with-out an expensive upgrade like the MDX.

One of Best Volvos ever, I have 5 currently.

by Steve from Bettendorf, IA on Tue Jan 07 2014

I had read several reviews depicting less than satisfactory ride and handling. I think it handles like a dream for a 4WD Suv. Two siblings have Lexus RX330s and my ride is just as good if not better. it handles like an Suv but i expected that. the cabin noise level is less than our other Volvos My three kids and I currently have almost every model except the S30. We bought it after the 2013 model changed so we got a sizable discount. I am extremley pleased with everything thus far. We traded in a 5 year old Xc70 and this drives much quieter and handles as well if not better.

awesome comfort, timeless look

by Louie14 from Milwaukee, WI on Mon May 22 2017

just purchased used 2014... love the look and the comfort is off the charts. typical SUV drive, but ride is smooth, handles like a car.

Great family vehicle

by SCTruckEnthusiast on Thu Jul 13 2017

I took my vehicle into the shop and they gave me this as a loaner vehicle. If I were to buy another suv, this would definitely be my first choice. This vehicle was fully loaded. I mean it had buttons to do things I didn't even know existed. I was impressed at how comforting and soft the leather seats were. The sunroof is always a great feature to have. The engine was so quiet and when you drove, could barely hear what was going on outside. I drove the AWD option which I have never had a car with AWD so it was hard to get used to the way it handled but great in the snow. There was so much room in the trunk and back seat that if I had a family of four, this would be the car for me.

Best car I?ve owned!

by Volvo4Life from Minneapolis, Minnesota on Thu Aug 09 2018

My 2014 XC90 Premier-Plus has been a very good car. I bought it used with 25,000 miles 2 years ago and now I have 129,000. I haven?t had a single problem other than regular matinance. I?m hoping it will last 300,000 miles and am pretty confident it will up to this point. I was surpised by how comfortable the car is when I first test drove it before buying. It?s quiet when on the highway. Seats are amazing. Just enough bells and whistles to make one happy. Despite a good sounding mighty roar the engine puts out when accelerating power is extremely inadequate for its size, I wish they put the T6 (3.0 6 Cylinder Turbo 302HP) that is an option in all the other models. The transmission is super smooth and fairly quick reacting. It drives like a tank! I have never driven a car so smooth and firm, even on ice the thing is always planted to the ground, I don?t think I have ever had a problem skidding or brining it to a stop in the snow. I saw a video on YouTube where this guy took it to an icy parking lot at night and pounded the accelerator to the floor, the thing barreled straight forwards as if there were no ice at all! I wouldn?t dare to try it though... I hate it when people say it is outdated because it isn?t really, I think even now it still looks better than most the cars on the road. And don?t even get me started on quality, everything about the car feels solid, taking it off-road wouldn?t be a problem because of its ride height and ruggedness. As much as I?d love to keep it to 300k miles, I love the new 2016-19 XC90. I might eventually trade in for the new version. Anyways, I would highly recommend buying this car to anyone who wants something safe, reliable, comfortable, and is willing to sacrifice a little bit of power for all of the good things about the car. VOLVO FOR LIFE!

old school butsafest and most comfortable car ever

by Zorich from Detroit on Sun Mar 22 2015

If you are looking for a car with bells and whistles, if you are more interested in info entertainment system, but you don't care about safety or visibility then this is not your car. If you are looking for top class safety which makes other cars completely ridiculous in this matter, if seating position, comfort, back support, great visibility is important, then this is your car. Any conscious people about his family's safety will choose Volvo and nothing else! This is also great road trip car. But one important thing: Take care of this car, change oil every three months, follow up with regular maintenance. This is a sensitive car about maintenance and drive this car regularly. Another great thing about this car is that it is amazing to drive in heavy snow or winter conditions. The breaks are great, it doesn't slide.

My XC90

by amcentee from Syracuse, NY on Fri Sep 12 2014

When it was time to pick out a new family car to replace the old Chrysler minivan, I was definitely the most excited. I had begun researching SUVs and found a few that were aesthetically pleasing as well as having a reasonable price. The Volvo XC90 was one that caught my eye, and now after having it for almost two years, I am very satisfied. It has permitted safe and comforting travels throughout the harsh winters of central New York. It is the safest and most tested 7-passanger crossover SUV, so why wouldn?t you want this as the everyday family shuttle? Buyers looking for a mid-sized luxury sports utility vehicle often look past the Volvo XC90. Many critics claim that its engine, handling, and seating do not compare to other vehicles in its class. However, being priced on the more inexpensive half of this luxury class, it offers a great deal of satisfying features. Complete with a six-cylinder engine, it is much less powerful than desired for a luxury vehicle. Personally driving this car, I have noticed that the acceleration is slow and somewhat delayed. Otherwise, the automatic transmission is very smooth. Although the transmission has drawbacks, the breaking system on the vehicle is very reliable creating a sense of comfort. However, the comfort does not carry over to the third row seats of the vehicle. There is very little leg and foot space for taller or larger passengers. Adjusting the second row of seats can modify this, yet it still feels small. The first and second rows of seats are much more comfortable and offer a gracious amount of space. Another area, which is lacking space, is the trunk of the car. Large amounts of cargo will not fit in the 8.8 cubic feet given, but the third row of seats will fold down and create a completely flat surface, giving you a much greater area. Loading cargo into the rear of the car is not as difficult because the tailgate/lift gate feature. The two-piece split opening is very beneficial for individuals loading large amounts or heavy cargo. The XC90 also comes with a roof rack to hold different types of carriers on top of the vehicle. Altogether the Volvo XC90 comes with an adequate amount of space, but still falls short of the other luxury vehicles in its class...

No one has ever died in an XC-90!

by Volvo Ownder from NYC on Fri Jul 14 2017

This is the safest car ever made, one of only three in the world where no one has ever died in...as of when I bought the car that is. The R-Type handles better than my Audi. Also the most accommodating of the mid size SUV's.

Nice car but some missing features.

by car apperciator from Arizona on Mon Jun 30 2014

Nice car but did not include a spare or a donut in case of an emergency flat tire. LX gives you only a regular key.

Does not recommend this car!!

Very safe, reliability, and comfortable

by James Wh from on Thu Jun 15 2017

XC 90 is very good for businessman who often drives on high speed way. It is very safe and strong, like a tank. The weakness of XC 90 is the limited turning angle, which is inconvenient in city road.

1 2