2013 ILX

2013 Acura ILX

2013 Acura ILX

Have you driven the 2013 Acura ILX?

Fine entry level upscale car

by Jemero from Long Island, New York on Fri Nov 30 2012

I had a TSX prior, which ended up being the most reliable car I've ever owned. We got the ILX because it is very similar but smaller and slightly cheaper. We are enjoying the car so far.

Fun Car to Drive

by Heavy on the Gas from NJ on Tue May 28 2013

My significant other purchased this car brand new in place of her 10 year old Corolla. She got the 2013 5-Speed 2.0L automatic model. From a first look this car has a small and sleek design. The car sits quite low to the ground even for a small sports sedan. Due to the car sitting as low as it does interior visibility comes at a premium. Blind spots can be somewhat difficult to see pending how far back the driver's seat is. The view from through the rear view windshield is also somewhat small relative to similar sized cars. The interior is very nicely done in this car however, with all the electronic features easy to use and understand. In terms of comfort I gave the car a 4/5. My biggest complaint would be that the door frame has minimal room to rest your left hand if that is how you drive, it sits a little too high. Overall the seats are very comfortable for very long or short drives and have yet to cause me any discomfort (Have driven up to 4.5 hours in one day). One thing I really love is how well the seats hug you through turns, especially when taking on/off ramps at higher speeds. I always feel like I am in full control of vehicle. The steering wheel is very light and thus quite touch sensitive. So not much rotation is required to move that car in either direction. The pedals, both break and gas are very touchy. I wouldn't call this a bad thing necessarily, it's probably made that way for safety reasons. A little bit of gas tends to give you a good jerk and the same with the break. One thing I have noticed is sometimes the car seems to be in the wrong gear, usually too low when speeding up. I'm assuming that's just how it's tuned. The rear space is comfortable for two medium sized adults, three would make a tight squeeze. The passenger seat is just as comfy as the drivers. Enough storage room for all your standard needs. The trunk size is quite adequate for a car that seems as small as it is. Also rear seats fold down to provide extra cargo room. Sometimes the vehicle seems underpowered in lower gears given its low curb weight but I guess that's too be expected with only a 150hp engine. Though once you get past that little sluggish stage the car definitely goes. You can easily go up to 80mph on highway and not realize, because it seems like you're doing 65. Overall Acura did a good job introducing this new model. The car gets very good gas mileage. In the first 3,000 miles it averaged around 30.50 mpg (65%HWY/35%CITY)

Best car

by Tes from Washington DC on Thu Dec 13 2012

I have owned this car for 6 months now. Its reliablity, comfortable ride, sporty nature and integration with much of needed latest techinology have kept my confidence growing in it since day one. Never hurt my pocket and the customer service has been amazing. I am happy with my choice of this car over TSX which is slightly roomy.

Very enjoyable car.

by none from Naples, Florida on Sat Sep 22 2012

We really enjoy this vehicle. We like the way it performs and handles. A good value for the price of thecar. It is very stylish and zippy.

Great Vehicle

by Bryan from Chicago, Illinois on Fri Jun 13 2014

Despite reviews, the car has plenty of power and I have not run into any issues trying to pass other vehicles on the highway. The interior design is very stylish and comfortable. You can't go wrong with the push-to-start and the keyless entry, not to mention the bluetooth connection to the car. It's nice to be able to enter your car and have your phone pandora station playing immediately. Plenty of standard ammenities. The back-up camera is great for parallel parking (you can even change the camera so that it is looking directly down at your bumper) Breaking is great. I was in an accident in the vehicle and couldn't have felt safer. For the severity of the accident (was hit on the front left of my bumper when I was going 20+ MPH; driver turned right in front of me on a two-way street) I was surprised at how little damage was done to the vehicle. Very well made vehicle. You can't go wrong with a vehicle that has the Honda/Acura name on it. Most reliable make on the market and not to mention they last forever

Good Choice!

by Tack-O-Lantern from Indianapolis, Indiana on Mon Jan 20 2014

We are leasing our ILX; we test drove Civics, Accords, and Fusions. We were looking for compact to mid-size sedans. Fusion was way overpriced; Accords also too expensive. Civic was good, but for the same payment, we were able to get the Acura. Why not right? The ILX drove quieter and smoother than the Civic, with more luxury. The car feels very planted on the road, stable and sporty - in the sense that it accelerates competently and turns are accurate and sharp. Interior noise could be better, but it's a Honda product. They're known for bad interior noise issues. The body is great; it reminds me of a BMW - especially the rear and quarter panels. The interior is luxurious, but I don't necessarily like the interior dash design. It seems shrunken and elongated. It's just a preference, though. The sound system is really good and I appreciate the bluetooth audio. Also, why no dual exhaust pipes? Actually, you can't even see one exhaust pipe, which is really strange. I just love the look of dual exhaust pipes. Out Kia Sportage SX has dual pipes and it looks great! I do wish AWD were an option, since we live where it snows. Plus, it would make me feel safer. Gas mileage is averaging about 30 MPG, combined, which isn't bad. Overall, a great car!

Sparky2

by Sparky from Los Angeles, CA on Wed Apr 16 2014

My husband and I bought our ILX HYBRID black on tan for a commuter car about two years ago, it was one of the first made. We went to town on options with the Tech package and several upgrade options as well. Its fun to have other ILX HYBRID owners wave at you, since our car is such a rare model. It has been an great car to own. No issues, but a light bulb in two years. The features, interior and looks are great for a small car. Great on the road, but wish it had a bit more power for mountain passes etc even though the mileage is good. Did I mention comfort! The factory tires I replaced and it has made a huge difference on road noise. Its my first Acura, my friend drove it and she bought the 2.0 Tech model! She loves her's as well and her first too. My Dealer and Armon our service advisor have been great. If you are looking for a compact near luxury Hybrid or non-hybrid car, you can't go wrong with a ILX. Drive one you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Excellent

by Acura Driver from Dallas, Pa. on Sat Oct 19 2013

I've put 30,000 miles on this car and it still feels like new. The ride is excellent and drives well in snow.

2nd car owned

by Meezy25 from on Fri Apr 07 2017

This 2013 Acura ILX was bought used with 51,000 miles on it in Jan/17. It hasn't given me any problems since the purchase and is perfect for any type of trip long or short! Sound system is amazing. Ride can be bumpy depending on personal standards, however I have no issues.

Great vehicle

by Andy M from Farmington Hills, MI on Sun May 11 2014

The Acura is a great vehicle, nice options, featurs and styling. The ride is super smooth, acceleration is nice, not a sportscar, but nice and plenty of power left at highway speeds. The interior is well laid out seats are very comfortable and layout is very ergonomic for the driver. Interior room for a six foot man is very good with no issue with entry or exit. If you can aford it great car to buy. The only thing wrong is that there is nothing wrong and nothing to complain about!

1 2 3 4

Our Take on the 2013 Acura ILX

With its new 2013 ILX sedan, Acura creates a new point of entry for the brand. The ILX is slightly smaller than the TSX sedan, which costs $30,905 (including a destination charge of $895). The ILX starts at $26,795; as of this writing, complete pricing information is available only here.

The ILX's three versions are the 2.0L, the performance-oriented 2.4L and Acura's first gas-electric model, the 1.5L Hybrid. I drove all three.

The 2013 Acura ILX is sure to appeal to some efficiency-seeking entry-luxury shoppers, but the demand for any car in this expanding category remains to be seen.

Civic Roots
The ILX shares its foundation with the Honda Civic, making it the first model to do so since the sporty... Read More