2017 ILX

2017 Acura ILX

2017 Acura ILX

Have You Driven the 2017 Acura ILX?

Acura ILX 2017

by AcuraLOU from HAWORTH on Tue Nov 21 2017

After reading several so so reviews, comparing it to the Civic, BMW, Lexus, etc. Not sure why the ILX deserved so so reviews. Sure, it's not as nice all around as the Lexus & BMW but clearly not as pricey. We test drove a 2017 Civic which as really nicer than I ever remember the Civic to be but somehow did not have the refined aura as the ILX. ILX gave good enough performance, ride, features, comfort and quiet to make it definitely a car that I would be happy to own. And was a better deal than the Civic. Hard to get a deal on a highly desired car as the 2017 Civic. We previously owned a 2015 TLX which clearly outperforms the ILX in every way but honestly it was TOO much car for us. So the ILX fit the bill, better on the budget and we still get that luxury feel and performance but not as intensely as we did from the TLX. It would be safe to say the ILX is a scaled down version of the TLX.

Best cheapest good looking luxury car

by FlavioC from Toronto, ON on Thu Oct 18 2018

I own this car for almost 10 months and I was surprised about the amount of technology and reliability you have in this car. I was looking for Audi A3 (middle version) and mercedez CLA250, Audi for this similar price doesn't offer half of the technology and Mercedes is way more expensive and has a little bit rough driving (but it is nice looking too). I went to a dealership to look at the other options, when I went for the test drive on the ILX, I was impressed about everything around the car. Also, it is important to say that the maintenance is waaaay cheaper than the german cars. If you are looking to impress and have a luxury car and high tech, this car is the one to go

Most sporty and efficiently powerful car I owned

by yeah from Rochester, NY on Thu May 11 2017

It is a very good car that my friends and I like and almost everybody that ever sees it compliments the car. It is very sporty, powerful and a quick and sleek vehicle.

Great luxury car that functions properly

by TAILX from Cleveland, Ohio on Wed Jun 07 2017

A great luxury car for a young individual that wants to experience the road to the fullest. The style inside & out is worthy for recognition

powerful engine

by TellTruth from Toronto, ON on Fri Aug 09 2019

This ILX Acura is not expensive. pick up speed is unbelievable, excellent brake. after driving 5 hours on highway, the seat is very comfortable. I heard other reviewers complained the problems, but never happened to me so far.

Love this car style performance safety reliability

by Waldo from Los Alamos. A on Wed Nov 08 2017

I waited hoping to get the 2017 Honda Si but when I drove it was very disappointed with the turbo lag along with the low rpm red line. I was also hoping for more hp and torque along with an 8 or 10 speed auto so I could add lane assist etc... little did I know that everything I wanted had been available on the 2017 Acura ILX tech package. I purchased this vehicle at Acura in Santa Barbara new $10,000 off list price of $33,800. Living on the central coast where we have roller coaster roads I still manage to get 36 mpg easily and as much as 42mpg on level freeway trips if I shift to sport mode and locked on 8 gear maintaining speed at 60 mph. 0 to 60 in 6.5 seconds which is quicker than the 2017 Honda Si, ELS sound system, 3D GPS leather heated seats and the list goes on and on. I currently also own a 2012 Acura MDX which I also love but I prefer the ilx when I really want to enjoy the thrills of carving through the canyon roads. I sold my 2008 Honda ex with 260,000 miles on it and still ran great but the best fuel economy from my civic was 32 maybe 33 at times and not as fun to drive.

Bought mine used with less than 7,000 miles on it

by imposter222 from Sunnyvale, CA on Wed Dec 19 2018

I very happy with this car. I don't have the same complaints as other owners, but feel the car is comfortable enough for a low-end luxury car. The only problem is of my own making; I paid a little too much for this car, and should have done more homework before shopping for one. Since I drive less than 3,000 per year, I'm hoping this will be my last car. The 2006 Acura TL I had dropped the transmission, so I sold it to the repair shop owner. It would have cost $4,000 to replace the transmission on a $7,000 car.

Awesome car

by rdp2010 from Saskatoon,Sk on Fri Nov 16 2018

This car is a great car with a great value. I love it’s features even for a base model. Execellant car will purchase another Acura next time I buy a vehicle.

Looked a long time for a car....LOVE what I choice

by Patsey from Lake County IL. on Sat Oct 28 2017

Very happy with my car......great style and comfort. . It offers a lot for its price.I have had great luck with the dealership I bought it from. I really think you should look at this smaller compact car.

Right there with Lexus and Infiniti

by car buff from Yorba Linda, CA on Sun Feb 11 2018

I found the technology to be excellent and appropriate for such a stylish vehicle. The engine (2.4 Liter) has more than enough power and hugs the road at higher speeds.

1 2 3 4

Our Take on the 2017 Acura ILX

Editor’s note: This review was written in August 2015 about the 2016 Acura ILX, but little of substance has changed for this year. To see what’s new for 2017, click here, or check out a side-by-side-comparison of the two model years. To read the full review of the 2016 Acura ILX, click here.

The restyled 2016 Acura ILX is a competent, fun-driving car in the entry-level compact luxury field, but it doesn’t live up to some luxury-class expectations.

The ILX gets a lightly revised exterior, minor interior cabin updates, and more available technology and safety features this year. Acura also discontinued the base engine, leaving only one, and replaced lesser manual and automatic transmissions with... Read More