2020 ILX

2020 Acura ILX

2020 Acura ILX

Have You Driven the 2020 Acura ILX?

Great car . Handles well. Excellent features .

by Mike from Batavia, illinois on Sat Sep 26 2020

So far, this car is excellent. Best looking car I’ve owned exterior and interior. Features are great. Screen for maps is excellent and it handles very well.

Love the ILX, warts and all

by saturnotaku from Chicago, IL on Wed Jan 15 2020

As you may or may not know, the ILX, even the 2020 model, shares most of its basic engineering from the 2012-2015 Honda Civic. While Acura has done a nice job of keeping the styling and technology as fresh as they can, in many ways the car still feels very much like a product of its time. In many respects, I think that's a great thing. ILX is powered by a large-displacement four-cylinder engine that delivers great mid- and upper-range power, which is something you just don't get on the tiny turbocharged motors on most rivals. There's also no engine idle stop/start function to annoy you as you sit in traffic. Handling is excellent, with great steering feel and grip in turns. The climate controls couldn't be simpler to operate, and the heated seats are governed by mechanical switches as opposed to pushbuttons or, worse, the infotainment system. Speaking of infotainment, this is one area where ILX could use an update. The redundant dual-screen arrangement can be somewhat confusing. The built-in navigation system, which is part of the optional Technology Package, is very antiquated. Fortunately, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto are available, though you must purchase the somewhat costly Premium Package to get them. Using CarPlay with the dashboard control knob isn't terrible, but it is far less elegant than in other cars. Voice control works well. Passenger and cargo room will be suitable for most, though overall space is less than other modern compact-class cars. Base ILX models have leatherette upholstery that looks and feels a lot like genuine leather. To get the real stuff, you need the Premium Package. Ordering it opens up access to the A-Spec package that includes a number of upgrades, which I think really enhance the car's looks. You can even choose a red leather interior, which is such a refreshing change from the usual black, gray, and brown, that it's what ultimately sold me on the car. Now my ownership experience hasn't been all sunshine and rainbows. Less than two months in, and I started hearing a clunking/popping sound when driving at low speeds. My dealer was able to trace the noise to a faulty strut, which required replacement of the entire shock absorber assembly. Naturally, this was done under warranty. While my experience with the service department was great, I'm more than a bit annoyed that such a part failed on a car derived from another with an otherwise excellent reputation for reliability. For now, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and believe that the strut was faulty from the factory, but I can't in good conscience rate the ILX any higher than average in this category. Put it this way: My "new" Acura has experience more mechanical failures than my wife's 2016 Honda CR-V, a vehicle that, as of this writing, has literally 30 times more miles on it. Still, I really do like this car and would recommend it to folks who want something that's both fun to drive and different than what you'll find elsewhere in the market.

2020 ILX an Incredible Vehicle

by Rob from Asheville, NC on Thu May 14 2020

Before purchasing this car, I did a TON of reading both professional and consumer reviews as well as watching YouTube review videos. Some professional reviewers get behind the wheel, floor the gas pedal, and then say it's noisy and not fast enough. But the truth is most drivers don't floor the gas in everyday driving. For a driver like myself going to work every day in a normal commute I found the car to be very quick and it also gives a quiet ride! The transmission and engine work very well together for an incredibly smooth driving experience, and both have proven long term reliability. The styling is great, and the fit and finish is quality. It's a very solid feeling car and mine has absolutely no squeaks or rattles. The ELS stereo system with surround sound blows me away and it's the best sound system I've ever heard in a car. The lower touch screen is solely dedicated to the sound system with integrated pandora capability as well as XM radio. The upper screen is dedicated to navigation as well as apple car play and android auto. Reviewers like to complain about the dual screen set up, but I think it's great! My one and only complaint about this car is that the navigation is very dated looking, but hey it works well anyway. The best part about this car is no doubt the value for the money. Compare it to other premium brands and you will pay thousands more, and you really cannot compared it to a non premium model such as a civic because it's truly a cut above in fit and finish. In a way it's in a class all by itself. Also great is that the cost of repair and normal maintenance is nowhere near what you will pay for other premium brands. So all in all I know I made a great decision in buying the ILX and look forward to driving this fun car for many years to come.

Enjoyable ride!

by Sue from Wildwood Crest NJ on Thu Jan 02 2020

This car has met my current needs. Nice interior and exterior and a nice ride. It is equipped with the amenities I am looking for in a car.

Honda Accord

by candygurl359 from Chicago,IL on Fri Jan 31 2020

I love the comfort and style. i.t makes my commute to work not even feel like a commute. Glad I went with Acura and not any other brand.

This is my third leased ILX.

by Maddie123 from West Orange, NJ on Wed Jun 10 2020

Very satisfied with the size, comfort and reliability of the ILX. Also happy with the technology in the ILX premium model. It's the perfect vehicle for saving on gas.

A very well design car for almost any need

by Dani’s from Greenwich CT on Tue Oct 06 2020

I never had and Acura before, but since I find out they are reliable and their durability Is 100% trusted, I didn’t doubt to owning one. The smoothness and well delicate seats I feels so comfy to be driving for hours. Their two touch screen makes it just out of this world. And I can used up to 3 apps without problem. The sunroof is a big plus, It makes your ride and stop being very fun .

Best looking car I’ve ever owned & most reliable.

by Dylan Perez from Streetsboro Ohio on Wed Aug 19 2020

It meets all of my needs for driving to and from work daily. Also, for going on road trips. You can’t beat it!! I was also surprised by the performance and handling of this car!

Best car ever

by Girl next door from Elmhurst on Thu Oct 31 2019

This car is what I need. Comfort and great look helps. I do enjoy my new ride . All my friends now want one too.

Very well done in design and quality material !

by Danielcarfan from Portchester, New York on Tue Oct 20 2020

Best purchase so far. It is very comfy, and his interior style is sturdy, and not to mention that it comes with some good qualities like programming the position of my seat to my pleasure and even though someone else uses it and move my seat, when I use it, instantly it will set to my set up position. Also the smoothness of the leather is so satisfying. Enough room in my trunk and for my self space, as well.