2007 MDX

2007 Acura MDX

2007 Acura MDX

Have You Driven the 2007 Acura MDX?

2007 Luxury SUV of the year!!! Thanks Acura!!

by LexusDad from Raleigh, NC on Sat Mar 17 2007

I recently purchased a 2007 MDX after researching all (and I mean ALL) luxury suv's with three rows of seating. This is the class leader Hands Down! I drive a Lexus and when my wife and I were planning on purchasing a new suv for her, we first looked at Lexus. I am a huge Lexus fan but they currently do not offer anything that can compete with the MDX in price and performance. Advice to Lexus: add a 3rd row to the RX for those of us who don't like truck like suv's but still need 5-7 seat capacity. I did exhaustive research on the X5, XC90, Audi, LR3, etc. etc. Nothing beat this vehicle. Don't get me wrong these other vehicles are nice but a X5, for example, would have set us back an additional $15-20K and still would not have a usable 3rd row (very tiny). The MDX is luxurious and very practical for our family (3 kids). My wife is in love with this car! Amazing interior with technology galour. My wife is glad she has this car as it has functioned well as a family hauler but as soon as the kids are dropped off she is driving in style and loves the way Acura has designed a vehicle with that in mind. We are the type of family that likes quality and luxury but reliability is important as well and we feel proud to add an Acura to our garage along with our Lexus!!! My wife used to try and steal my car any chance she had now I am the one grabbing her keys!!! Thank you Acura for making IMHO the 2007 Luxury SUV of the Year!!!!

My Favorite Vehicle

by Maherzbar from Londonderry, NH on Sat May 03 2014

This car is quite the workhorse, and we have truly enjoyed owning it. My 2007 has 163,000 miles on it and is still running as well as it did when we first got it. It has seen plenty of service, from hauling our boat trailer around and long trips across the country, and everything has worked flawlessly. If you have the money to spend on a mid sized luxury SUV, look no further than this. The navigation system is simple and intuitive (way more so than my father's Audi A6), and all of the finish on the interior looks fantastic. Again, cannot recommend this SUV high enough. My mom loved hers so much that when she retired it (and gave it to me) she got a 2013 and is again in love with that.

Most comfortable and reliable car...

by martyz4 from Southern California on Mon Oct 03 2011

Very nice looking, no wind noise, comfortable, all power with navigation. Acura stopped using OnStar for the new models, I miss it. Good traction with AWD and stability control is a plus. Not great on gas mileage and is a bit heavy power wise. Seats 7 comfortably, rear seat reclines slightly. Big plus, rear air and heated seats. DVD player makes it a nice ride.

My Wife Was Right

by Richard from Moore, Oklahoma on Wed Nov 22 2006

Our family of five had out grown our Accord and so we began our search for a vehicle to replace it. I drive a Tahoe, which provides plenty of room, so I suggested lets get another SUV and my wife gleefully agreed. However, she then went on to express her disdain for driving an SUV as big as the Tahoe. So still needing a vehicle bigger then a car but not as big as a Tahoe we happily agreed on, what I like to refer to as, a Jr. SUV. With my conviction on a GM product and the fact that the Cadillac Jr SUV received great reviews I thought it was a shoe in. My wife though, being a big Honda fan, had other plans. So we ventured onto the Honda dealer and we both agreed that the Pilot is a no go and no way are we driving a minivan. She then said "Hey Acura is made by Honda. Let's take a look at them" I of course resisted but she was big on the 07 MDX. It looked a lot better then the Pilot and offered quite a bit more so we began to compare. We looked at several others such as the Volvo and Saab but none compared. I never thought I would say this and I know that my wife isn't going to be reading this so it' ok to admit but this is the best vehicle purchase I have ever been a part of. We have had it for almost a month and yes I do make up excuses in order to drive it. I still enjoy my Tahoe but driving the 07 MDX is absolute LUXURY in an SUV. Oh yeah, and don't listen to the sales reps. You can tell a big difference between comfort and sport suspension. Which by the way are both great. I like the sport and she prefers comfort. Two thumbs up babe you were right. You sure make a good-looking car look even better.

First Impressions of the 2007 MDX

by MegaMike from Worcester, MA on Sat Feb 03 2007

I currently own a 2002 MDX (with touring and NAV)and recently brought it in for routine maintenance. The dealership kindly loaned me a 2007 MDX for the day. I have been looking forward to my next MDX as I am completely in love with my 2002 which has met and surpassed all of my expectations. I had really been looking forward to the evaluating the new 2007 MDX. However, at day's end I felt really disappointed. What I liked: Intrumentaton was more modern. Higher rated towing capacity. Handling was improved. What I didn't: Cheaper feeling controls. Lower gas mileage (wrong direction!) The NAV system was an utter disappointment. Touch-screen is SO MUCH easier to work with and they did away with it. To make matters worse, the new screen is not as sharp or as bright as the old one. I tried adjusting it and was able to improve it slightly but still fiound myself disappointed. The one redeeming characteristic of the NAV system was a more accurate depiction of intersections than I have been accustomed to in my 2002 and also integration with traffic reporting. One other redeeming feature would be voice recognition, but it is my understanding that this is only available in some models. Note to ACURA: Go back to touch-screen NAV, make significant quality improvements, or both! I found the engine noisier and the ride rougher. I was surprised to find that my lower HP 2002 seems to accelerate better. I don't like the steering wheel which feels alot cheaper. The embedded controls are more difficult to work with. The sound system is not any better than the one in my 2002. The price is higher. The fuel mileage is lower. Features that were formerly standard are now high priced options (particularly the roof rack). I find myself wishing I had bought a 2006 before they made all these changes. While the 2007 is still a good vehicle with some improvements, overall this model is a disappointment. I'll probably wait to see what comes out in 2008. Don't get me wrong, this is a good vehicle. But they made the mistake of eliminating some of the competitive strengths. I have been spoiled by my 2002 which perhaps hightened my expectations of what I would find in the 2007 overhaul.

The best SUV in the Market

by Yogo from New York on Wed Apr 21 2010

I come from driving a Lexus RX330 and even that is a great truck nothing compare to the Acura MDX. When you drive the MDX you have much power and better handeling then most of the SUV in the market not to say that the MDX offers a seven pasenger seating witch is not available in most SUV. Also Consumer Report rated as one of the saftest SUV in the Market

Smaller but effecient sporty car

by Family roadsters from Northern California on Sun Aug 25 2013

We were looking to downsize but still have a car large enough to fit our family. This 3 row car does and is powerful, too. Easily climbs hills without feeling sluggish. The steering is a little stiff. This used Acura MDX is like a luxury car without the luxury price. I smile as I approach my car in a parking lot because It's a joy to own.

WOW, What an amazing SUV!

by Nevada Fun from Nevada on Mon Oct 30 2006

I test drove all the higher end mid sized SUV's.......Lexus, BMW, Volvo, Porsche, Infinity and Acura. I decided on the MDX as I was completely amazed at its ability to handle corners and the motor was responsive and smooth plus sounds really great. This is the wife's car, but gentlemen you'll want to take this rig for a spin every chance you get. I purchased the entertainment package and although the jury still out there on the high cost, the system is fantastic and high quality. The kids are completely quiet and I can listen to a ballgame via the XM radio without them complaining, "Dad do we have to listen to the game"? Guys, the stereo is quality (yes loud) and has lots of bass but the wife prevents me from cranking it up with the kids which is probably a good thing. I liked the Navigation system screen up high rather than in the middle of the dash because it is easer to see while driving and the backup camera display works well while coordinating looking at the mirrors. The voice activation system works great. It allows changing interior temperature (either passenger or driver) by just asking it too. The Navigation system can be changed by the voice commands as well. Making phone calls via the Bluetooth interface system is an absolute must for drivers who phone and drive. Ladies, just leave your phone in your purse as this car tells you whose calling and will answer or make calls for you. My only minor complaint is the instrument dash is a little dramatic with the round cylinders sticking out a little and the steering wheel although functional lacks the styling that it should. The triangular silver piece surrounding the center section gives the appearance of being cheap. At this price, the auto rear view mirror should not be an option and should be included as standard. I love the rest of the interior and find it completely awesome. One of my main objections over some of the other vehicles is they lacked a third row seat. Why have a SUV that only seats 5...go buy a AWD car instead. Let's face it, the back seats in all the mid size SUV's are best suited for the kids/teens and this third row (especially with a movie on) has the kids fighting who gets to get in the back. In my experience, this rig is the best SUV on the market. Hope this information helps you. Best regards and God Bless!

An SUV that really drives like a car

by SUV Enthusiast from Woodside, NY on Sat Mar 24 2007

Competes with the BMW X5 4.8i V8. The only major difference is price. I have driven this vehicle for over 2 weeks and love it.

Best car i have ever had!!!!!!!!

by Acura MDX lover from Greenwich CT on Sun Sep 10 2006

If you do not get this car you are crazy. It was worth all the money we paid for it.I like the new everything to it.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Our Take on the 2007 Acura MDX

The MDX, Acura's seven-passenger, three-row luxury SUV, has been completely re-engineered and redesigned for the first time since its 2001 debut. A Cars.com Best Bet for as long as we've awarded the honor, the MDX was ahead of the curve in this category, offering seven seats as standard equipment and luring buyers away from the Lexus RX (which still has only five). My one-day drive of the 2007 model revealed that the MDX retains all the positive attributes for which Acuras are renowned and improves upon many performance aspects. It strays into risky styling territory and takes at least one ergonomic step backward.

As before, the