2009 Acura MDX consumer reviews

Explore the 2009 Acura MDX
Shop the 2009 Acura MDX
4.4

Great reliability and fit

This is a good vehicle and very reliable, The mileage is not too bad unless you drive too aggressive. The engine has good power, but the interior is not as quiet as I would have liked (Love Lexus for that). The base model should be avoided if possible, at least get Tech Package.

New car. Best one Ive ever owned.

This is my second used Acura. I really love my car. Maybe one day I can get new Acura. They have a smooth and comfortable ride. It is considered a luxury vechile it shows inside the suv.

Nicest and most reliable car I have ever owned.

We will more than likely purchase another MDX in the future. It is about the best car we have ever owned out of the 20 odd we have purchased since 1962. It is our first SUV but not the last one for sure.

4.4

MDX

Overall love the vehicle. Second Acura I've owned and I've like both. A few drawbacks with the MDX. Fuel economy is about 16 city. Tight steering which can get tiresome after driving for awhile. Watch out if you get the running rails. You will hit your leg on them every time you get out of vehicle unless you put one foot on them exiting the car.

Wife is very happy

We've been shopping for about 2 months for my wife, looking at SUVs (Enclave, Toureg, X3, MKV) and this was my wife's favorite by far in looks, comfort and performance. Most SUVs need time to accelerate, but the MDX having a honda motor, just goes when my wife wants to pass someone (very important to her). The car we got had both the Technology and Entertainment package, so basically has all the bells and whistles. She couldn't be happier. My only complain is you have to use premium gas, go with regular and the motor doesn't run as smoothly, but as most people say, if you can afford this car, you can afford the gas.

grate but gas is a killer

They say that is goes 15 in the city and 20 on highway IT IS NOT TRUE ON a highway it does 20mpg if you don't go over 70-80 but in the city 300horsep need so much gas for stop-go traffic it is not funny,best it can go is 12mpg but for short trips to Starbucks and back it is 9mpg in chicago SO IF YOU ARE WORRIED ABOUT GAS THIS IS NOT CAR FOR YOU IF NOT THIS IS GRATE CAR AND I DON'T SEE ANYTHING BETTER TO BUY FOR 30G

Outstanding SUV

Great vehicle, I would not have parted with the vehicle except medical issues made it difficult to get into the vehicle. I already miss the vehicle.

Beautiful and Classy ride!

Wow! What an amazing car! I went in to the McGrath Acura for a test drive and quote but walked out with my dream car! I asked the amazing staff if I could do the Happy Dance and they said they would do it with me! The people who work there are absolutely wonderful and gave me plenty of space. I've been in sales myself for over 10 years and these guys/girls were incredible to work for. The car sold itself and I was able to drive out into the sunset looking better then ever in my new ride!

Best car I've had

I just purchase a 2009 Acura mdx and I can really said that this is the best truck I have ever have, it is powerful comfortable and it looks great , I will really recommend this car to any friend or family. The mdx was my dream and now it came through .

3.4

Oops! Wasn't what I read about.

I read all the SUV reviews and picked the Acura MDX as my retirement car. Now that I have it, I am having second thoughts and have only made one payment. My neighborhood has recently changed from no children to plenty. I thought I was purchasing the technology package when I only have the basic. In all cases of the difference between the two packages, I don't care except for the backup feature. It is much more imporant than I ever imagined as I cannot see a small child behind me in this car when backing out of my garage. It is sad I may have to sell it for this reason. The mileage is not the best, but I wanted to go for comfort, but with the predicted gas prices this summer, I wish I had gone with a more fuel efficient vehicle. The car is large, but inside storage is very poor. It is like entombed in large metal parts that don't add anything as far as interior space. Obviously, the car and I need to have a longer bonding experience.