2009 Acura MDX consumer reviews

$40,990 starting MSRP
side view of 2009 MDX Acura
Explore the 2009 Acura MDX
Shop the 2009 Acura MDX

Already knew what I was getting into...

I have been around Acura MDX for 8 years now, since my father in-law is on his 3rd one (he leases them), so I knew very well what I was getting into. I like it very much. Great overall package.

Excellent Luxury SUV

This is my first SUV and I could not be more satisfied with the MDX w/Tech package. Just the right combination of features, power, and comfort in a luxury SUV. I chose my certified preowned MDX based on warranty coverage, safety ratings, standard 300hp V6, large screen GPS, powerful cd changer/stereo with subwoofer, Sirus/XM radio, power tailgate/rear camera, third row folding seats if needed, etc. Consumer reports rates this luxery SUV as one of the best and I do not disagree.

4.1

Acura MDX 2009

The car is very nice and fun to drive. The only things we don't like are the center console set up and the fuel mileage. If the price of gas continues to climb we would trade it in for something better on gas. Great power, nice handling, sporty design. Rides very comfortable for a full time all wheel drive.

3.6

wife love it

Nice car,good feel on the road.Over priced.Poor fuel mileage for a V6.My V8 Grand Chrokee gets better. Design flaw in the body,unable to lower rear windows at freeway speeds due to the buffetting noise,very hard on your ears. I have talked to Acura about this issue.They know they have this problum.No fix in the works. GPS is not user friendly at all my Iphone works better.

Great decision

I bought a 2001 Acura MDX when they first came out and loved that SUV. I finally traded that SUV after 11 years and 186,000 miles. I wanted another MDX since I loved the first one so much. I am still partial to the old styling but I like the 2009 MDX. The price was high so I decided to buy a used one with low mileage. The bells and whistles have really added a new dimension to the car. Ine of the features I wanted when I bought the car was the back up camera but that has taken some getting used to. I still loook at my rear view mirror instead of the screen when I back up. I love the nav. system and the stereo. Great car so far.

3.3

Not a city SUV

If you are looking for an SUV that has quick pickup and response this is not your SUV. MDX is rated very high, but I am disappointed by its performance. We noticed that there is a delay in pickup and acceleration. In our typical DC commute, we want to change lanes quickly and takeoff. I noticed that there is a drag/delay with MDX that is quite frustrating when you try to accelerate from a signal, stop sign or change lanes. Acura added a lot of control buttons that will confuse almost every one. It will take you a while to see external temperature, reset your trip meter etc. Even the radio does not display station names or song titles. (My 2004 minivan does!). The Navigation system is not very friendly either. My $150 Garmin will display speed limits and street view, where as Acura's do not. There are other irritations too. If you open the sun-glass holder, the glass will fall right down because of the door position (very silly). The ride once you are on a steady speed is good and it handles the road and turns very well. I liked the 3rd row seat.

4.4

High Luxury & great performance

This vehicle is solid...low road noise, upscale materials, great turning radius, bells & whistles beyond beleif. On the downside all technology is not easy to use...NAV is not intutitive & requires much reading of the instructions to operate, and the voice recognition is tricky to use as well. Even though I don't need the 3rd row seat, it is nice to have. I feel safe in the MDX and it's fun to drive. If you want luxury and performance in an SUV, then this car maybe for you to!

Acura the best

I was driving an ML500 SUV before this and I tell you the quility of the Acrura can not be beat I love driving this car.

first Acura

Go from 2003 Pathfinder to 2009 MDX, big change, like it so far, SH-AWD works very well in snow. Good design, job well done.

Love my Car

I love my car... took it on a road trip and it was great! Navigation system is great, handles like a dream.