2011 MDX

2011 Acura MDX

2011 Acura MDX

Have You Driven the 2011 Acura MDX?

Had Lexus now Love Acura

by New Acura Fan from Arlington, VA on Wed Mar 23 2011

I originally purchased a 2011 Lexus RX 350. I found this vehicle to be under powered and lacking any functional interior space (storage for personal items). The vehicle was so slow off the line I found it hard to merge onto the highway. Made me feel old to drive it. I purchased a Acura MDX and feel rejuvenated. Awesome performance for an SUV and a lot more user friendly then Lexus. MDX also has ample room for interior storage.

Fantastic value.

by TrollAuto from Tampa, FL on Thu Mar 24 2011

We traded in our 2005 Audi A8 after constant technical problems. We wanted something that would give us better visibility and reliability. I am a car enthusiast, but the car is basically my wife's so her big thing was reliability after having 2 Audi's. We both really like the car, it handles absolutely great for an SUV. We both like the looks of the car, it has very nice fit and finish, the seats are very good, all the buttons are where you expect them to be . We did choose the base model, as we tried the Tech package, but neither one of us liked the Nav system much, the navigation stick felt a little clumsy, and the screen wasn't as clear as i'd like. We did a lot of research and found the Acura to be a very good value and it had certain things that where important to us, such as the gear shifter going straight back and forth instead of having all the "gates" I never really understood the point of that. It has regular side windows, instead of the small extra one you find on the Lexus RX, it just seems wrong, and reduces visibilty. The interior is very functional with cup holders and storage compartments in sensible places. So far we have not had any issues with it, and hopefully that will continue. A couple of things we are missing are Keyless entry and there may be a little road noice. But, I would definately have picked this car again..

Great Family Vehicle

by Growing Family from Grand Haven,MI on Tue Oct 08 2013

We researched and drove just about all competitiors. We were looking for 3 rows with some luxury and something that doesn't drive like a boat. The MDX was the perfect fit. Great for tailgating, carting kids to sports, and ski trips. I would highly recommend this vehicle.

Love My MDX

by New MDX from Florida on Tue Oct 26 2010

I've had my 2011 MDX for 3 weeks now. What I love about it is the interior comfort and smooth ride. It's loaded with technology which appeals to me cause I love gadgets. I agree with previous review. Remote start and auto unlock when you approach the vehicle would be an awesome addition to this vehicle. But don't let that discourage you. This is an awesome vehilce!

My Second MDX

by Acurafan from Flagler Beach, Florida on Thu Mar 24 2011

After owning 3 SUV's I tryed a sedan. Big mistake. I missed the extra room and overall big feel. I leased the 2011 MDX Tech. Added the side rails, body side molding and sport running boards. Converts the plain car to one of the best looking SUV's on the market. My only negative is the not very impressive gas milage requiring premium gas. I already have a friend expecting to buy this in a couple of years when I get the itch again for a change in wheels.

Smooth but yet tough

by sriknc from Greensboro, NC on Mon Jan 02 2012

After a lot of time researching several SUV's and cars, we finally decided on an Acura mainly due to its rating, lower cost of ownership and its value for money. The car (tech package) is smooth, powerful and nicely equipped. The controls can take you some time to get used to but given the tech savvy audience these days, it should not be a big challenge for the average buyer to get used to the features of the car. For the price we paid, we felt the interior can be a little richer (with leather trims instead of some synthetic finish).

As Advertised

by New MDX Owner from Tennessee on Wed Apr 25 2012

We've had our MDX for 3 months now and we couldn't be happier. All of the reviews and all of the advertising about the MDX is actually true. The vehicle is stylish, elegant, powerful, and dependable. It fits our family's needs perfectly. I only have two complaints about the car. First, it requires Premium gasoline, tempered by the fact that the vehicle gets good gas mileage for an SUV. Secondly, the third row could use a few more inches. It is really only suitable for 1 adult on a very short in-town trip or children for a trip of any length. I highly recommend this car and I'm now thinking of an Acura for our next car as well.

Best car I ave ever owned

by new to Acura from findlay, oh on Tue Dec 28 2010

After many years (and kids) it was time to move from the family van to something a bit sportier. Wanted something that still set up like the mini van and not "down" like a car. This vehicle is the best I have ever owned. From handling, comfort and reliability this is top of the line. Drove my mother-in-law's new Cadillac STS a month ago on a trip and now love my MDX even more.

Haven't loved a car this much since..my last Acura

by Single Dad w Kids from Newtown Square, PA on Mon Jan 09 2012

Love this car. Lot's of room, great handling, smooth ride. I purchased the technology and entertainment package, so we have all the the DVD system and the seat warmers in the back. Only down side is poor gas mileage.

Comfortable but gas consuming

by Farbai from Chicago,IL on Tue Mar 14 2017

Car it self good but it takes gas slot. Manufacturer says 17 mpg on city but it roughly gives 14 mpg. It's pickup is quite slow too and takes something to get to 40s. It also requires 91 octane plus gas to run smoothly, which is quite costly to fill up on daily bases.

Does not recommend this car!!

1 2 3 4 5 6

Our Take on the 2011 Acura MDX

Editor's note: This review was written in April 2010 about the 2010 Acura MDX. Little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what's new for 2011, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

For 2010, Acura's best-selling crossover — and one of the first-ever luxury crossovers — gets a bit better in terms of interior features and a whole lot better when it comes to technology. It also receives a slightly new front end that's less jarring than those on other Acuras. But the company couldn't make the MDX any bigger, and it's a snug fit for families — three rows of seats notwithstanding.

Even so, the MDX's driver comfort, fun-to-drive nature... Read More