2002 Acura Rl

Affordable luxury

by from New York NY on May 28, 2009

A very comfortable ride in this quiet and well mannered luxury sedan. Heated leather seats, auto-dimming mirrors, a Bose stereo, vehicle stability control and a powerful and smooth V6 engine make this a car you can take out on long journeys and not even nptice 200 miles go by. And of course very reliable as long as you do regular maintenance.

Love this car!

by from Auburn CA on February 5, 2009

Luxurious, comfortable seats, tight turning radius, roomy trunk (fits open house signs for a Realtor), elegant styling, lots of storage throughout, power everything, affordable service.

The RL experence

by from WV on January 12, 2009

I bought this car after owning a 1996TL that I was talked into by a 1992 Vigor owner. The TL was great but a little small and at 220k it was starting to loosen up. the RL has just enough room and it is a pleasure to drive. I just put the second timing belt on it at 210K and it still feels like new. It has just enough creature features to make you know you are in a high end car. Gas for me has been about 22 and Acura stands behind their product if there are any problems which I have had none they still know you.

Solid, dependable, comfortable

by from Virginia on October 14, 2010

My 2002 RL is perfect car for my 33 mile commute. I bought it used, so didn't pay the luxury premium for a new car. With 75K miles, it drives wonderfully, has nearly bullet-proof reliablility, and is a classy car. The exterior is a bit sedate, but the interior is well done. The 3.5 motor is smooth and plenty powerful for the size of the car. The gas tank is pretty small, soit seems like I'm buying gas a lot. I really like my RL.

GOOD SOLID CAR

by from Greensburg, Pa on December 15, 2012

I owned the car for nine years. The vehicle never needed anything but brakes. I never had any problem with the car. Nice and heavy ride. Bad gas mileage however.

The Best!

by from North Andover, MA on April 30, 2013

Bought this used with 45,000 miles on it from a dealer. I have 187K miles on it now. Other than gas, tires, some oil, and brakes it's been a wonderful automobile. Totally reliable and drives really well in all weather (snow and ice included). I like the built-in GPS and have come to rely on that. Because it has a large 6 cylinder engine it gets terrible gas mileage (18 mpg for the type of driving I do). But of course there's an element of "you get what you pay for". It's quite luxurious and big on the inside...

Good Helpful Car

by from Needham MA on April 8, 2012

This car has been very helpful to me. It has carried all my stuff. The only thing i am concerned about is the owner cost. For a new RL it would cost more than $40 grand for it.

what a car!

by from Minneapolis on June 19, 2009

This 3.5 RL is as nice or better than any LS400/430 I have driven. Top to bottom, front to back--this is the whole package!!

Acura guy for 20 years

by from Phoenix, Arizona on March 1, 2010

I just seem to appreciate what Acura has to offer in reliability, comfort, ride, handling, looks and overall value. The first time I rode in a friend's new Legend back in 1986, I knew the car felt right for me. so I bought a used 86 Legend in 1991. Then I bought a used 92 Legend in 1996. Then I bought (for my wife) my one and only ever new car, an MDX, in 2004. Recently, I purchased a 2002 RL to take the place of my 92 Legend. It has the same DNA!

entry level luxury car

by from Binghamton, NY on April 14, 2010

Navigation system is comprehensive, EG. it will find locations from phone numbers, and the gyroscope will keep you going for a while in a city or tunnel. Tire affects handleing significantly. Easy to enter and exit. On-Star and phone are analog and do not work anymore. No turning lights or time delay lights when leaving the vehicle, no dual zone temperature, roomy trunk and cabin.gas milage especially with autotemp feature and alcohol blend is fair but if a few bucks extra a year are that important buy a lesser car. Fair in snow

Similar Models