2002 Acura Rsx

My 2002 RSX

by from Lancaster NY on November 21, 2009

Being all of 56 and owning cars like Mustangs and Camaros in the past, I purchased my 2002 from my daughter who needed a larger car. The RSX has 115K when I bought it and never misses a beat. The car runs smooth across the entire power range, but it is a lot more fun at 65-75MPH! I have an aftermarket exhaust on it as well as a K&N air filtration system, which my son in law put on it while my daughter was in Afghanistan (Marines). She sold me the car for $4500, and I'm sure I will have it forever since it is only driven in nice weather May thru October. I owned 6 Hondas over a 30 year period as well as a 2007 Subaru, and the quality of these cars are light years ahead of any American auto I have owned.

Great Fun

by from Chicago, il on December 19, 2010

When I was looking for a new car I considered a couple different models including the Mazda 3, Subaru WRX, and Acura RSX-s. I was looking for something sporty and fun, but was still reliable, affordable, and good on gas. I ended up choosing the RSX-s for several reasons. I bought my 2002 RSX in January of 2010 with 33k miles on it for $10.5k before tax/title etc. The car has been great a ton of fun to drive and while the type-s takes premium I average around 26 miles per gallon driving aggressively because revving it up the 7k+ red line is so exhilarating. When doing this a lot of the engine noisy comes through to the cabin as well as road noise depending on the surface. For being a bose sound system the subwoofer isn't all that impressive, but a minor detail in my opinion. The manual transmission is a joy to use and this was pretty much the car I learned on. The car corners nicely taking some highway on/off ramps at 50mph+. While I'm a single guy and don't need the rear seat much passengers have complained mostly about the hard plastic edging along the roof line. Generally it is just me and another person in the car so this hasn't been a huge problem for me. The back seats fold down which offers up huge cargo room. The car is ok in snow but being a light powerful car you can get the wheels spinning or sliding around without to much effort. I've had the car for almost a year now and put over 12k on it with no extra money being put into it besides standard maintenance. Overall I really love this car and it does a great job of being a daily commuter and fun to drive all in one vehicle.

AWESOME CAR!

by from on December 22, 2009

I bought a 2002 rsx type S in 2005, drive this car across country from Virginia to Kansas (military) atleast 5-6 times and it has never done me wrong, this car is awesome for tuners like myself, or if you are looking for reliability/dependability, this is the car for you, i currently have 90K miles on the car and not one single drop of oil and i still receive 28+ MPG highway. test drive one and you will see this car is nothing short of amazing.

reliable one

by from oh on January 12, 2013

it is a good car overall and gas saving. Small car is easy for me to drive around the town. But one thing I don't like is the door clock did not work on passenger side. It's pain for the driver to get in the car and lift the knock up. I guess it is 10yrs old car.

great car

by from chicago, il on February 2, 2011

if you want a good Honda motor go with this fast car with a 2.0 4 cylinder vtec engine and has all the luxuries of an Acura.

Most reliable car i have owned.

by from kc on December 12, 2007

This car is very reliable and with the RSX-S you can have a lot of fun too. It also has VERY GOOD gas mileage especially with gas prices rising this car would be a great choice for anyone of any class...
This car is very reliable and with the RSX-S you can have a lot of fun too. It also has VERY GOOD gas mileage especially with gas prices rising this car would be a great choice for anyone of any class!

good

by from chicago on May 18, 2011

this car is awesome, it needs a little aftermarket work in order to look sick. I put about 20 grand into this car and it was fast

Can't Miss, a solid value

by from Roscoe IL on August 6, 2012

I had my 02 RSX for 3 years, bought with 54k miles now have 77k miles. I get 31mpg in mixed driving, the seating position for shifting the manual trans. is very good. Hatchback is always handy. Change the oil buy some gas and go, trouble free, shines like new!

RSX is a great car

by from Washington, DC on June 21, 2014

I bought the 2002 RSX from my mom after my parents retired and only needed one car. Yes, my mom always did her research and bought solid, cute cars. Except for that Jaguar. Anyway. I've had it since 2006, and have only had to put in the usual money--new tires, etc. Look online for the RSX forum if you have any issues with this car--in most cases, it's an easy, cheap fix. Taking one star off comfort because an 8-hour drive left me a bit stiff. And one from interior styling, because if you're a short woman, you may not be able to see great out the back when pulling out.

Best Car Ever

by from Ny on March 10, 2009

This car is truly something else its reliable and fast i go everywhere no problem i have never imagined that i would love a car so much but hey it happened

Our Expert Review: 2002 Acura Rsx