2002 RSX

2002 Acura RSX

2002 Acura RSX

Have You Driven the 2002 Acura RSX?

My 2002 RSX

by USMC Dad from Lancaster NY on Sat Nov 21 2009

Being all of 56 and owning cars like Mustangs and Camaros in the past, I purchased my 2002 from my daughter who needed a larger car. The RSX has 115K when I bought it and never misses a beat. The car runs smooth across the entire power range, but it is a lot more fun at 65-75MPH! I have an aftermarket exhaust on it as well as a K&N air filtration system, which my son in law put on it while my daughter was in Afghanistan (Marines). She sold me the car for $4500, and I'm sure I will have it forever since it is only driven in nice weather May thru October. I owned 6 Hondas over a 30 year period as well as a 2007 Subaru, and the quality of these cars are light years ahead of any American auto I have owned.

Great Fun

by Sexy02RSX-s from Chicago, il on Sun Dec 19 2010

When I was looking for a new car I considered a couple different models including the Mazda 3, Subaru WRX, and Acura RSX-s. I was looking for something sporty and fun, but was still reliable, affordable, and good on gas. I ended up choosing the RSX-s for several reasons. I bought my 2002 RSX in January of 2010 with 33k miles on it for $10.5k before tax/title etc. The car has been great a ton of fun to drive and while the type-s takes premium I average around 26 miles per gallon driving aggressively because revving it up the 7k+ red line is so exhilarating. When doing this a lot of the engine noisy comes through to the cabin as well as road noise depending on the surface. For being a bose sound system the subwoofer isn't all that impressive, but a minor detail in my opinion. The manual transmission is a joy to use and this was pretty much the car I learned on. The car corners nicely taking some highway on/off ramps at 50mph+. While I'm a single guy and don't need the rear seat much passengers have complained mostly about the hard plastic edging along the roof line. Generally it is just me and another person in the car so this hasn't been a huge problem for me. The back seats fold down which offers up huge cargo room. The car is ok in snow but being a light powerful car you can get the wheels spinning or sliding around without to much effort. I've had the car for almost a year now and put over 12k on it with no extra money being put into it besides standard maintenance. Overall I really love this car and it does a great job of being a daily commuter and fun to drive all in one vehicle.

AWESOME CAR!

by Sport car enthusiast from on Tue Dec 22 2009

I bought a 2002 rsx type S in 2005, drive this car across country from Virginia to Kansas (military) atleast 5-6 times and it has never done me wrong, this car is awesome for tuners like myself, or if you are looking for reliability/dependability, this is the car for you, i currently have 90K miles on the car and not one single drop of oil and i still receive 28+ MPG highway. test drive one and you will see this car is nothing short of amazing.

02 RSX

by atbutt03 from Westminster, MD on Mon Apr 10 2017

Fun daily driver or winter beater. With a good tire, snow isn't an issue. Quick enough on the highway and consistently over 30mpg even when going 80 mph. Over 200,000 miles with one clutch replacement and the other minor issues i.e. brakes and rotors. Convinced this car will run forever.

I loved my car, actually I still love

by NataliaK from Williamsville on Wed May 02 2018

I had 2002 Acura RSX. Omg. First time when I saw it I felt in love. And until April 2018 first couple years I drove my star then my husband. I loved it. I loved everything exterior, interior. 2.0 L engine. It was powerful enough, very easy to drive, manuverability , gas saving. Even if the car looks small, believe me there more than enough space. And the trunk area is huge

great car

by Car Enthusiast from chicago, il on Wed Feb 02 2011

if you want a good Honda motor go with this fast car with a 2.0 4 cylinder vtec engine and has all the luxuries of an Acura.

Can't Miss, a solid value

by SCARFACE from Roscoe IL on Mon Aug 06 2012

I had my 02 RSX for 3 years, bought with 54k miles now have 77k miles. I get 31mpg in mixed driving, the seating position for shifting the manual trans. is very good. Hatchback is always handy. Change the oil buy some gas and go, trouble free, shines like new!

Most reliable car i have owned.

by RSX-SSSSSS from kc on Wed Dec 12 2007

This car is very reliable and with the RSX-S you can have a lot of fun too. It also has VERY GOOD gas mileage especially with gas prices rising this car would be a great choice for anyone of any class!

Like a Go-Kart

by CH13 from Medford, OR on Tue Jun 12 2018

Car handles like a dream. Never had any issues come up with this car. Reasonably quiet and comfortable ride for a coupe. Only complaint is the stock sound system is sub-par.

RSX is a great car

by 2nd Gen from Washington, DC on Sat Jun 21 2014

I bought the 2002 RSX from my mom after my parents retired and only needed one car. Yes, my mom always did her research and bought solid, cute cars. Except for that Jaguar. Anyway. I've had it since 2006, and have only had to put in the usual money--new tires, etc. Look online for the RSX forum if you have any issues with this car--in most cases, it's an easy, cheap fix. Taking one star off comfort because an 8-hour drive left me a bit stiff. And one from interior styling, because if you're a short woman, you may not be able to see great out the back when pulling out.

1 2 3

Our Take on the 2002 Acura RSX

Every once in a while, a car comes along that sets the standard on its ear, readjusts the bar, rewrites the language and reduces normally verbose, easily unimpressed critics to this:

“Whew!”

Wipe your brow and buckle up. Acura’s got it down cold with its new RSX Type-S. It’s so hot it will have you wondering how you ever navigated the small-coupe universe without driving gloves and a smile. It will leave you wondering what car it replaced.

Integra? Integra? Who remembers the Integra, anyway?

The Japanese automaker didn’t just break the mold when it switched from the old staple (Integra) to the new staple gun (RSX). Acura cracked it, smashed it, recast it... Read More