Model Details

4.3
Average based on 20 reviews

power

by from California on January 5, 2009

Great car once the tranny was fixed. I give Honda a lot of credit for making their service solid. 288,000 and going strong. amazing

all around great sport sedan (type-S)

by from chicago on February 4, 2011

After 80k miles it has all the energy, keeps comfort, good milleage and never breaks. keep rotating tires often to give them more longevity; 260bhp are a bit demanding on the front wheel drive. very few choices of good all-year tires if you live in cold climates (expect at least $700-800) a set.

Best Car I ever had

by from Long Beach CA on September 22, 2008

I got the car in Sept 2004 with 39K on it is now Sept 08 with 143K on it. Only problem is the radio going to anti-theft mode and the code not working to unlock it at 120K. Other then that it has been usual maintenance of tires, oil changes, and battery. The brakes seem to last forever by the way have not changed them yet. By the far the best of my 3 cars over my 16 years of driving.

Great car

by from Columbus, OH on February 10, 2009

I love this car. Never had any problems, super comfortable, great features, and strong as a tank. Highly recommended.

Reliable to a point

by from Houston, TX on October 12, 2006

I own 2002 tl s daily driver, I drive about 70 highway miles rt 5 days, so far the car has been fun to drive, nice throaty sound when you step on it, tight handling for a large sedan. I have had trouble with the front rotors, they warp quickly so you get steering wheel shudder when braking, which leads to fast tire wear. Acura did have a recall for the transmission oil jet replacement, which I had done, so I thought I was in the clear. Not so, recently my transmisson went out, lcukily I was covered under the warranty. I ve been reading other acura forums and the repeat transmission and rotor problems are the largest complaints.

Great car but...

by from Brooklyn, NY on August 13, 2013

I bought my 2002 TL in 2001. It runs great and have not had any engine issues. I give it 3 stars for reliability because at 45,000 miles I had to put in a new transmission. Rides well, still looks great, fit and finish are holding up well although the front drivers seat as 3 cracks in the leather which I did treat from time to time. Also wheel covers pit easily, I kept them clean and got the break dust off regularly but still pitted. Changed the battery and had a major problem resetting the radio. Controls are well placed and it offers a smooth comfortable ride. I can give this car 4 stars overall.

Great Entry Level Luxury Car

by from Bloomfield, NJ on October 9, 2006

This is a wonderful car. I would recomend getting the navigation system if you are looking into an accura. Other than that, this car has it all. I feel it is reliable and safe.

Great Car

by from Covington, LA on May 9, 2013

Really nice interior, however; I don't like the back end of the exterior. The only negatives I would put on this car is the requirement for premium gas.

Most reliable car I've owned

by from Maryland on August 21, 2012

Nothing bad to say about this car. I bought it used and drove up the miles. Only things replaced were the timing belt and breaks. Very reliable and safe car!

2002 Acura TL

by from on September 15, 2012

The best vehicle I've owned. As with all cars, some parts needed to be replaced over time. After ten years, though, it nearly runs like new.