2003 Acura Tl

Most reliable car I have owned

by from Agawam,Ma on August 23, 2017

This car meet all my needs that I was looking for in a car. Amazing leg room. Real good on agility going around the curves best handling in a car that I have owned.

Uses car for Havingfun

Over 320,000 and she's still purring, love it

by from Madison, MS on August 14, 2017

Even with recall on transmission, which previous owner never got fixed, she is best running vehicle I have drove.

Good size, great zip

by from Princeton, NJ on August 10, 2017

I really loved this car, and took great car of it. It has plenty of room in the front and back, with a spacious trunk. It certainly has zip for a bigger car. Really recommend it.

nice 1st cad

by from on June 20, 2017

id like to have another one my first one got stollen very popular for a reason -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Superior Performance

by from Athens on April 27, 2017

Long lasting car, great performance. This is honestly one of the best cars you can get. Its engine is amazingly long lasting.

THE TLS IS FINE ( BUT ) THE TRANS IS BAD

by from simi valley on March 23, 2017

I HAVE A TLS. THERE WAS A RECALL ON A 2003 TL WITH A BAD TRANS, GEAR I HAVE 88,157 MILES !!!! I DON'T THINK I SHOULD HAVE PROB. ( IT WINES IN ALL GEAR'S )

Best first car ever!

by from Hot Springs, AR on September 4, 2016

Bought this car for new teen driver. Intuitive styling for minimal distractions. Only thing I would change is the problematic transmission by adding a shift kit to increase fluid flow and lower transmission temp thereby reducing damages caused by a factory defect that is found even when you replace the transmission with a new one-which we did and we never had another problem with it. And make sure the cover for the front console is anchored down properly as it can detach in an accident and injur backseat passengers. It was totaled and replaced by another brand 5 years newer and it doesn't have all the cool features the 03 Acura TL had. During the accident, the front of the collapsed ("crumple zone") to further protect the occupants.

Great car

by from Toronto, Ont on April 28, 2016

This car is a very nice car to own. Apart from the famous issue (tranny) i own two 2003 aspec one black and one blue. If you want to keep the tranny from failing you need to service the tranny i.e. change the tranny oil every 50000 clicks. It is very fast and the interior just never gets old. Only two things i would have changed if i could, i would add the AWD and Navigation with back up cam. still have my with 200500 km and its still going!!

2nd Gen Acura TL (Type S)

by from on July 3, 2014

Former certified vehicle purchased at Metro Honda in North Carolina. Car was in excellent condition. Dealer service vehicle before delivery. Loaded with every factory option except the wooden steering wheel. Vehicle is an excellent balance of Luxury and Sport. 3.2 VTEC has a lot of power. 5 speed automatic transmission is very smooth.

Over rated Honda.

by from Phoenix, AZ rural area, retired older person on May 5, 2014

My friends own such a car a I was looking at, and highly recommended them. Theirs are a little newer (04 and 07), but theirs looked the same and felt the same. An Acura certified repairman told me that in 2009 Acura changed the body style somewhat and smoothed out the ride. If I ever get another one, I'll shoot for that year, or newer. I was too eager when the price was dropped to $6,750.00 to buy it, and should have been more critical of details. I later found it had a driver caused blister on the front tire. It had separations of the vinyl upholstery from the plastic trim on the back door handle pulls and the dash defroster vents, exposing the foam padding underneath the skin. the next day, the a/c died. $300 later I had a new "resistor" installed and the a/c worked good again, but wait, the temperature controls now do not set the temp. in the car. It just blows cold air. I can only keep from freezing by turning the fan to the lowest setting, or alternately turning it on or off. We only received one remote and it was pretty beat up. No records came with the car, so I have no idea if, or when, the timing chain has been replaced. At least the the original owners manual was in it. It was sold by a friend of a friend who was a licensed used car dealer X 3. A pleasant 90 year old man, but I should have known better. Word of advice; never buy a used car from anyone but the owner and/or a dealer who will warrantee the car to be in good working order, or he should make it right. On the plus side, I was pleasantly surprised by the gas economy for a performance car (TL-S) and the speed with which it accelerated around slower cars. It does take a second or two to switch into passing gear which is a little annoying, but will pin your ears back when it does. I am also pleased with it road handling feel...very stable and accurate, although a bit harsh on washboard roads.. The rest is just indicative of the make and model. Easymoney.