Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2003 TL

2003 Acura TL

2003 Acura TL

4.5

Have You Driven the 2003 Acura TL?

Best all around.

by Pleasure with a lot speed from Allentown, PA on Mon Jul 02 2012

The best car I have ever owned. Over the years I have owned 17 new cars and 12 used. Taking into consideration other Automobiles in this class nothing continues to preform like the Acura. My neighbor purchased a BMW at around the same time and the repair cost became very high. He now ownes an Acura and. Is very happy. In 2013 I plan on giving TL to my grandson and buying another Acura.

My 2nd TL

by KG-TL from Memphis, Tn on Wed Feb 06 2013

I loved my TL so much, I bought another. Aside from the tranny issues last time, I loved my TL. Fingers crossed.

Pretty Good

by Celtics from CT on Thu Mar 20 2008

Well known transmission issues plague this car - mine is on it's 3rd already. Had some problems with emission control on this car also. Overall however it is powerful (I have the TL-S) , with everything functioning properly on this car . It looks good still inside and out. I hear the newer 2007's have this car's transmission problems corrected.

Best performance sedan

by Topher from Billings, MT on Sat Jan 06 2007

This is my main car and has gone 122,000 miles without a single issue or complaint. I have the type-s which is fast but fuel efficient. I love my car. The interior design is also very nice and well laid out, with the center console slightly angled to face the driver. The navigation system isn't as useful as you would think, it tends to be wrong frequently so if you are looking to purchased a used TL, I wouldn't bother with the navigation if you can get one without.

Very impressed as my first car

by Jo from NY on Mon Aug 13 2007

This is my first car and I mist say that I am very happy with the car. I get great response and good control. Engine is very quiet and rides smoothly. I highly recommend this vehicle to anyone. Overall, its a great car.

Great car for the money

by Fast Type S from Asheville NC on Tue Jan 24 2012

Lots of features for the money. Fast/Comfortable/great gas mileage for a 3500 pound car that fun to drive.

Best car I’ve ever owned. Sorry, not selling.

by Jns1014 from Syosset, NY on Sun Jul 29 2018

Bought this new when selecting a safe large, luxury sedan for arrival of new baby. Now with 144,000 miles, the car is still as great and reliable as ever. Comfortable, powerful, safe, and fun to drive.

excellent car!

by drew from Chicago on Sat Jul 17 2010

I bought my 2003 TL Type S used. It was 2 years old and had a bit over 50,000 miles on it....it now has over 150,000 miles and drives as smooth as when I first got the car. I've only had minor wear and tear isuues with car. Reading another review someone had the same CD player issue... the 6 disc changer sometimes gets stuck if you play copied CD's which I found out are slightly thicker than the original CD's and the player "locks" up due to the thickness difference between the normal CD and the copied ones. I had to pay $400 to find this out the hard way. Other than that my wife finds my car to be a smooth ride and more comfortable than her 2007 Scion which we bought brand new. Car handles really well in snow also with the traction control. Highly recommend Acura and will buy again.

Great car

by Ohheck from Missouri on Sun Mar 29 2009

Just bought this 2003 TL with 60,000 miles on it from my local Acura dealership. Over the years, I have purchased other Acuras from this dealership and have always had excellent service when needed. As it turns out, I knew the owner of this car before I bought it and knew that he had regularly serviced and maintained the car. In addition, the CarFax listed every oil change and service that was performed on this car since he bought it from the same dealership. I am very pleased with this car. It looks and drives like a new car....quiet, responsive, comfortable and reasonable gas mileage. With the knowledge of the potential transmission problem, I did buy and extended warranty with it, so I feel quite comfortable with my purchase. I've never had any trouble with any of the Acura's or Hondas that I've owned (7 not including this one)over the years.

Couldn't be happier

by joefuncar from Sacramento, CA on Wed May 20 2009

I bought my 2003 TL as a used car with 50k on it in late 2006. 2 1/2 years later I still look forward to driving it every time I get in it. I've put about 28k on it in that time with a mix of city & highway and lately some rush hour traffic. Both the traction control and ABS brakes have saved my bacon at least once. The only rating I gave it under 5 stars was for handling but this is because it is a front wheel drive car which places certain limitations on the car. I gave it 5 for performance because for the money spent, it has more than enough power. If you're really into power, get the Type-S, most people won't need it. I got a ticket for going 96 mph (ouch) and at that speed the car still feels very solid. I haven't had any failures from this vehicle. I have spent money for scheduled maintenance only. I love the 7500 mi. intervals between maintenance. The only option on this year and model was the nav. I bought an example without it but added an aftermarket Pioneer AVIC unit which gave me a backup camera and bluetooth phone hookup in additon to the nav and iPod connection I was looking for. I spent a little more than the premium for one with the stock nav, but I got much more out of it as a result. Coming from a Saturn immediately prior to this car, I found the ride a little stiffer but with more comfortable seats and greatly improved connection to the road. I test drove a couple of Lexus ES models and didn't get that same feedback which I really like because I enjoy driving and don't want the car to insulate me too much from it. On the other hand, I don't want to feel every little detail of the road and the TL has the perfect balance for my tastes. I would totally recommend this car to a friend. Of course, finding an example that has low miles and has been cared for is important as with any used vehicle, but if you have it checked by a good mechanic before you buy like I did, you should be able to get a great car for half the price of a new econobox. I fully expect I will keep this car until it has at least 150k on it if not 200k. I talk to people with earlier model TL's and Legends all the time with that many miles on their cars and they don't have any major problems with their cars.

1 2 3 4 5 6