2006 TL

2006 Acura TL

2006 Acura TL

Have you driven the 2006 Acura TL?

Great Car for the Money

by AcuraTLsd from Jacksonville, NC on Sat Jul 21 2012

I have read a lot of reviews and all I hear are people complaining that this and that is out dated. You will be surprised how much tech this car really has. My aunt just bought a brand new 2012 Toyota Rav4 and that car cannot beat the Acura TL in the tech. Amazing how someone can pay 12,000 more for the car (yes being 5 years older) but not having the same tech features such as the 2006 Acura TL. My dad bought a 2012 Honda Pilot with touring package and his car has the same amount of tech as mine does and I have a base model Acura TL. A lot of people are complaining about the lack of phone functions and blue tooth that the 2006 TL has. For a car being 5 years old behind technology I found no fault with paring my new HTC Evo LTE with the system. My car came with an IPOD connection already and yes the navigation does look like it was built by atari but you need the navigation to get you to places not display a graphical game. The main thing is that it works. The car drives beautifully. The electronics are fantastic for being from 2006. The comfort of the car is outstanding especially when it comes to the automated lumbar support. That was my biggest issue in the last car. I will never go to another car because this car has spoiled me. Most of the time when you buy a car it is what you can get for the money. Well, this car sure did it for me. I bought this car used. I had it checked over and everything was perfect condition except for part of the drive belt pulley system was tight and it had to be replaced but the dealer ship did it for me right away without having to pay a dime. I think that if you drive this car and think about the features that it did for a 2006 instead of 2012, then you would appreciate this car a lot more.

My First Car

by Honda Fan from Hunt Valley, MD on Wed Aug 07 2013

I bought this car about a year ago with 128k miles on it. Overall I have really enjoyed owning this car for the past year. It is a blast to drive and still looks great. One of the primary reasons I shopped for and purchased a Honda product was for its excellent reputation. Within the first 30 days the accelerator control module had to be replaced (fortunately covered under warranty) and I did have to disconnect the Bluetooth due to a draw on the battery (six months ago), but other than these issues this car has only needed an oil and filter change, a new battery, and new tires. When purchasing an older car (yes even a Honda) you have to plan to put some money into repairs anyway. As far as fuel efficiency is concerned, this car get 23 mpg average. The car does take Premium fuel, but I am getting by on Plus fuel and it still runs fine (my dad had a 2005 and he used plus fuel for 100,000 mi+ without any problems). From a safety standpoint I also have no concerns with this car. Acceleration is brisk-which definitely comes in handy when merging. For an older car, I am also impressed the number of features it has. Overall, if you're looking for a solid used car that looks good in spite of its age, comes relatively cheap, has fairly good reliability, and most importantly, handles well, the TL is a great option for you.

Best car I have ever owned

by Hammie from Minneapolis on Tue Mar 13 2012

I have had this car since it was new and it now has 155K miles. I have a 6-speed manual with NAV. This is the most reliable car I have ever had, is fun to drive, and still looks great. I have never loved the front end appearance of Acuras, but I am being picky. I drive this car 25k per year, and still enjoy driving it. It is fast, comfortable, and sexy. Great value. I put winter tires on it, which helps a lot, traction only "ok" without winter tires.

Stylish Acura

by KB from Rochester, NY on Thu Jul 22 2010

I am very happy with my TL, I'm learning to appreciate the more 'aggressive' feel since I had previously driven a Lexus. By using cars.com, I was able to get a price well below the sticker price the dealer listed for people who just showed up at the lot to look for a car. There are many features to learn on this car, and the buggiest one is probably the Acura HandsFreeLink. This is probably nit-picky on my part though, because this bluetooth system has to be able to work with hundreds, if not thousands, of bluetooth-enabled phones. I am using a MyTough 3G with Android 1.6. Pairing the phone to the bluetooth system sometimes leaves me unable to adjust the volume of my car's speakers. The trunk space isn't great, but I can live with it. The interior is spacious and the leather is mint. Gas mileage is good, I can usually squeeze out 25 mpg by driving conservatively. On the highway I'm usually around 31 mpg. Overall, I am very satisfied and plan on keeping my car for a long time.

3.2 TL Review

by KAY from Richmond, VA on Fri Jan 23 2009

Acura delivers value for money in the 3G TL. The car has many features that are standard; leather, blueetooth, memory seats, to name a few. The 3G TL maintains the sleek profiles of Acura's of old (read Legend). The same cannot be said of the 4G TL. The car feels a little front heavy when one starts driving but one quickly get used to it. The car moves without hesitation and invites the driver to floor it. Driving the TL is fun and I have especially enjoyed the car on long distance travel. Pros: Great value for the money, Honda/Acura reliability Cons: Front heavy ride, rattling noise that comes and go and very hard to diagnose

Acura TL 2006

by Peacekeeper from Manchester NH on Thu Jul 18 2013

Bought this car new, never a problem. The most dependable car I have owned. Great performance and quiet comfortable ride, especially on long trips.

Fantastic Used Car

by KenS from West Michigan on Thu Mar 29 2018

One of the best cars I have ever owned. Solid handling and power, understated luxury at its best. I have recently been looking at get a new car, but once I drive home afterwards, I do not feel the new price tag. Recommend highly, especially if you are looking for solid performer and reliability under $10k

Best Looking Acura Ever Made

by 2006 Acura TL Fan from Illinois on Sat Aug 01 2015

I purchased my 2006 Acura TL 6-Speed in 2008. It was high mileage then -- about 70K miles -- and I've added about another 120K miles. The vehicle has performed flawlessly with NO MECHANICAL FAILURES in the subsequent 7 years I've owned it -- just routine maintenance. This is by far the best looking Acura sedan ever made and one of the best looking sedans of any brand.

Favorite car I've ever owned!!

by Lil bit from Hickory, NC on Fri Dec 30 2011

I just recently purchased my acura TL and I abosolutely love it!! It has a very nice sporty look, but also very luxury!! This vehicle is by far my favorite ive ever known!

BEST CAR I EVER OWNED

by SPORTS CAR FAN from FL on Fri Dec 30 2011

HAVE OWNED A ACURA TL FOR 5 YEARS AND NEVER HAD ANY MECHANICAL ISSUES. THE LONGEST CAR I EVER OWNED. HIGH SAFETY AND DEPENDABLE RATINGS. VERY SPORTY AND YOU GET ALOT OF BANG FOR YOUR BUCK WITH THE ACURA TL.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10