2016 TLX

2016 Acura TLX

2016 Acura TLX

Have You Driven the 2016 Acura TLX?

Beautiful, sexy sports sedan that has muscle!

by Nanid1978 from Washington, MO on Wed Feb 01 2017

After looking for a replacement vehicle to my '14 Mazda6 (total loss accident), I decided the Acura '16 TLX 3.5 was my new ride. I drove several other makes/models during my search, such as the Impala, LaCrosse, A4. At the end of the day, the TLX fell in sweet spot for most of the features I was looking for: It had to look nice, get good MPG, be comfortable and reliable - and be fun to drive. The hardest decision, once I decided on the TLX, was what version to get. The Tech i4 was about the same cost as the base V6 3.5 model. I finally decided to give up some of the bells and whistles of the Tech i4, and gain the larger engine, 18" wheels and better tires of the base V6. It was just more fun to drive, despite all the professional reviews to the contrary. I believe it was the buggy transmission of the V6 that caused this impression. Many reviews concluded that the i4 was more responsive and "lightweight". Well, I drove them all. While the i4 was indeed responsive, it lacked the muscle the V6 had and it just seemed less refined. If you do go with the V6, go with a 2016 or newer model, as they fixed the transmission issues that plagued the 2015's. Anyway - this car is just a blast to drive! It can do 0-60Mph in 5.5 seconds and also achieve great fuel economy (if you don't drive it like I just mentioned). I'm averaging over 35MPG in mixed city/highway driving - in sport mode! The ride is exceptionally smooth and quiet - it almost feel like you're flying. The driver's seat is one of the most comfortable seats I've sat in. The interior is designed well and feels upscale, as it should. There is plenty of legroom in the rear seats for taller adults and our young kids seem to find it comfortable too. Acura decided to reduce the size of the rear overhangs compared to the TL, which looks more balanced from a design aesthetic, but you do lose some trunk space; but overall, it's decent. The FWD drivetrain in the base model uses a technology called P-AWS, which is essentially 4-wheel steering. At low speed maneuvers, the rear wheels turn opposite the fronts to help tighten the turning radius and agility; At higher speed, they turn the same direction as the fronts to increase stability and response time. The rear wheels also toe-in slightly during braking to assist with stopping and control. Overall, it makes the car drive like it's on rails. I highly recommend the car to anyone looking for a sports sedan that is FUN to drive.

Love my 2016 Acura TLX 2.4 Tech

by Mapleloaf from on Wed Apr 05 2017

This is an excellent car that I enjoy driving everyday. The 206 hp Direct Injection 4 and the 8 speed DCT are perfectly mated and give me all the power I need, city or highway., while returning good fuel economy. The Milano leather and the overall layout of the interior are stylish. The exterior, which many label as "conservative", has nice lines, especially in person, and is as timeless as one gets these days. I enjoy the dual screens for the added functionality. The ELS sound system with HD capacity, lots of voice options, and no button telephone or text options (Siri Phone 7), and a very accurate climate control system give me all that I need when driving. Certainly it would be nice to have Apple/Google play ala Honda, and a little faster processing unit for a few functions, but honestly, these are minor nitpickings IMHO. Perhaps, the biggest compliment I can pay this car, in a sea of other nice mid-sized luxury and high end mainstream vehicles is.... great value for the money!

Acura and Honda are the best

by JM13 from Florida on Tue Apr 25 2017

I have owner 3 Hondas and now stepped up to Acura. The luxury is much nicer, and performance is boosted as well. Absolutely love the car. I travel a lot. I'm getting an average of 33 miles per gallon highway with cruise control at 78 mph. Absolutely recommend this car.

One Of The Nicest Cars I've Driven

by TLX-er from on Wed Apr 05 2017

I traded in my 2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL to lease a brand-new 2016 Acura TLX 2.4 Tech. It's one of the nicest cars I've ever driven. It is so silky smooth and refined compared to the Altima, which really wasn't a bad car at all. I never drove the V6 model, however, based on the reviews I've watched and my experience with the 4-Cylinder, I would stick with it in the future. The 4-Cylinder is much lighter and sportier thanks to the 8-Speed Dual-Clutch transmission that delivers performance-oriented quick shifts. Tech is great thanks to the Nav and 10-Speaker ELS Sound System that is like a concert on wheels. I would highly recommend this vehicle for a friend or family member.

Good car for the $

by Meditate from DFW,TX on Sat Mar 25 2017

Only have 2000 miles on odometer........ nice driving car. Has V6 which smooth and quiet. Better car for the money than the other premium brands I test drove.

Excellent Car

by Cooliegirl79 from Port St Lucie, FL on Wed May 10 2017

This is my first Acura that I've owned and I've been very pleased with it's performance. I have the tech-package which I highly recommend! I love the way the car looks and how it handles on the highways.

Love my TLX

by BobH from Ponte Vedra, FL on Sun Apr 16 2017

The Acura TLX has great features (Apple Play, ICT transmission), styling and is a comfortable, yet sporty ride. The 4-cylinder model gets great gas mileage (30+ mpg), but put it in Sport or Sport Plus mode and the acceleration is fantastic. I highly recommend the 2016 Acura TLX.

Suprisingly fun to drive for a 4 cylinder

by Javaid from California on Thu Jun 22 2017

I think this is a great vechile with a fun and fast shifting dual clutch automatic transmission. It can have two different personalities when leaving the car in normal mode it drives very smooth and quiet and glides over bumps. But when you switch the car into sport plus sometimes you can't control the tires spinning due to all the power available. The only thing I would change are the tires.

Excellent choice for a rental, no disapointment!

by EBB Acura Fan from Anaheim, CA on Sun May 21 2017

Size and comfort are an easy fot for even 5 adults. Road handling and perfermance are quite impressive. I would certainly lease that car again and recemmend it to friends.

Just a pure pleasure to drive and own

by LuckyCharm from Raleigh, NC on Thu Dec 21 2017

So comfortable, elegant and easy to drive. The car barely needs any care at all and it is a pleasure to drive.

1 2 3 4

Our Take on the 2016 Acura TLX

Editor's note: This review was written in October 2014 about the 2015 Acura TLX. Little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what's new for 2016, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

For years, Acura's TL sedan was a strong seller — until a radical redesign in 2009. The brand has been trying to recover ever since and hopes an all-new version with an all-new name will return it to luxury-sedan success. The TLX replaces both the outgoing TL and the less controversial TSX, which was still an oddball-sized and priced car compared with the current ILX. Compare the TLX with the cars it replaces here.

The 2015 Acura TLX surpasses the TSX and... Read More