2008 TSX

2008 Acura TSX

2008 Acura TSX

Have you driven the 2008 Acura TSX?

I Love This Car!

by bluemoondesign from chicago, IL on Mon Nov 10 2008

I've owned both Honda and Acura cars before and have been very pleased with their quality and reliability. I bought the TSX in March of this year and am delighted with it. I traded in a 2000 Pathfinder 4x4 LE with horrible gas mileage. So far the TSX has been getting about 19.5 mpg driving in local traffic. I don't put on a lot of miles and the oil change indicator just signaled me it was time--7 months and over 4000 miles. I was expecting it to go off at 3 months or 3000 miles but it truly is based on your driving habits.Handling of the car is great and even though it is a 4 cylinder engine, I have no problem merging into expressway traffic or passing cars and trucks. When I step on the pedal the car responds. I haven't driven it in winter yet and wish AWD had been an option. I love the navigation. I debated over getting it because I typically go online to get driving directions, but I find I use this so much more than I ever thought I would. l love the ability to put in a reminder memo in the Calendar! I'm pleased with the sound system, XM radio, CD changer, and auxiliary which allows me to plug in my ipod. The sound is great and I love the controls on the steering wheel. I've set up my phone and it makes receiving and making calls much more convenient than rummaging through my purse for the phone--safer too. Voice commands takes some getting used to and I'm still learning them. The interior leather on the seats could have been a little better quality. My old 1997 Acura 2.0 CL had much softer leather. The heated seats and seat backs are really nice on cold mornings before the car warms up inside. I've folded down the back seat to put in large items and was surprised by what I could get in--not as roomy as the SUV I traded in, but better than just a small pass through from the trunk. The car?s not particularly sporty but that's not why I bought it. The car is very reliable, comfortable, handles well, and is fun to drive. I think Acura packs a lot of luxury into the car for the price and I would most definitely recommend this car to anyone.

Fantastic car!

by Wise Driver from Milwaukee, WI on Fri Jan 23 2009

I've owned this car for 6 months now, and have around 7000 miles. It drives great! The steering responds very precisely and intuitively. Acceleration is more than enough! This car is a great pleasure to drive! And of course Great Gas milage (26.3Mpg since I bought it)! Finally, considering the reliability aspect, its a fabulous car for reasonable money! Highly recommend!

Does everything well

by TGL from Chicago on Sun Jan 10 2016

PROS - Size. Perfect/y sized between an Accord and a Civic - Luxury. Just enough touches to feel a little better than a Honda, but not ostentatious. - MPG. I can get 38 mpg Hwy @55mph. City MPG is also good. - Power. Peppy for a 4cyl. non-turbo. - Reliability. It's a Honda. - Design. Understated lines age well. CONS - Despite claims of sportiness, this is not a European sport sedan. Maybe the manual tranny would add some fun, but it comes down to suspension and drivetrain, where this is much more Honda than BMW. BOTTOM LINE I recommend this car to anyone looking for a reliable, semi-luxury sedan at an affordable price.

solid handling car with a bit of speed

by A TSX MAN!!!!! from Houston, TX on Mon Jun 06 2011

Love the way I can manuver through traffic on the freeway in tight corners. Keeps great control when driving fast. Also love the navigation and voice controls. It's great to order the car around on radio and climate controls...This is so much tighter than the nisson, toyota, and honda's I was test driving at the time...

Comfortable, reliable, and luxurious

by Philip from St. Louis, MO on Tue Apr 29 2008

I test drove an accord, and a maxima before deciding on the TSX. Best decision ever! I have had this car since Nov. of 07 and since then have put over 12,000 miles on it. It's luxurious because it has all the features you would expect on a $40,000 car. Reliable, I haven't a problem yet and I am averaging 27 miles to the gallon. I travel a lot and am always in the car, this has to be one of the most comfortable seats I have sat in for a duration of 6 hours. I have had my oil changed at two different dealerships and both have been amazing with impeccable service. I would recommend an Acura TSX to anyone interested in a new/used car! I even talked my mother into buying a new Acura RDX!

One of the top cars I have ever owned

by wrx05 from Peoria, IL on Fri Oct 21 2011

Very reliable, excellent fit and finish. Manual is fun to drive! Acura really made a mistake when they changed the styling in 2009.

The BEST small car I've ever had

by Acura lover from Atlanta on Mon Oct 10 2011

Traded in my '01 TL for the a "08 TSX. I wanted something smaller and I couldn't be happier with my choice. I love my color scheme...Premium White Pearl with Parchment interior...it gets a lot of compliments. Performance is very good; tight feel, steady on highway, responsive and quick. Stereo is excellent with great sound. Leather seating is better, heavier quality than my old TL and the seats are firm yet comfortable. Did not go looking for Nav so can"t comment. My only complaints are with the location of the door locking button (my elbow hits it when I want to rest my arm on the sill); and, the location of the 'sound controls' on the steering wheel...they are cramped into a small area where my left hand often makes unintentional contact with the 'mode' switch thus changing, e.g., from CD to FM...will gladly re-train my left elbow and hand.

TSX is a smart purchase without regrets.

by armysniper6 from Indianapolis on Thu Nov 02 2017

I own a TSX Navi ASPEC. This is an agressive looking spirt sedan. It is well balanced in power, agility, functionality, and tech. Reliabilty is unmatched and repairs are minimal. Most repairs on this car are limited to recommended maintenance. The only frustrating thing is when you disconnect the battery only dealer can reset gyros or you get a lot of check lights on the dash. The economy of the car makes up for its somewhat sluggish 4cyl which Acura fixed in the later years with a V6. The K24 engine under high rev vtec does push out 205 ponies which is respectable considering. Midrange torque is where this car optimizes performance. At the pump premium is required but it doesn't take much to fill up. Navigation is great even though tech is dated. Update discs are available every year so it works great. Interior is by far the best fit and finish available. The 04-08 is what I am rating as the newer years gave gone to a repulsive round knob two screen option. Touchscreen navi on my 08 is quick, flawless, and has voice command with bluetooth. The leather is real leather and of the best quality. Honda products are hard to beat and you cannot go wrong with the K24 TSX. They will run 500k+ if you change fluids. Hope this helps.

Acura 2008

by J from Chicago on Sat Apr 25 2015

Bought a 2008 Acura TSX back in 2010, so I have had this car for 4.5 years. I have owned many cars over the last 25 years and this is one of my favorites! Very comfortable and just a joy to drive. The stereo is very good and the quality has been top notch. My car has over 60,000 miles on it and I have never had a single issue. Gas mileage in all city driving is usually around 22mpg. I can get low 30s when driving on the highway. If you are thinking about buying a used TSX all I can say is this purchase has been one of the best I have made. I rarely keep cars for more than three years, so for me to keep it going on five is unusual for me.

2008 Acura TSX 6 speed manual

by Dilo from Nassau County, NY on Wed Jun 29 2011

Purchased the 2008 because, in my opinion, the front grill-work on the 2009 and later models is ugly. Overall I am 95% pleased with the car, having owned it for 3+ months now. 1. No rain gutters - water always leaks in if you have the windows open even slightly, even if travelling at speed. 2. Closing the doors sounds extremely tinny. Very cheap sounding - not solid at all. Afraid I will dent the door simply by closing it. Very happy with everything else, including the Acura dealership & buying experience.

1 2 3 4