2009 TSX

2009 Acura TSX

2009 Acura TSX

4.5

Have You Driven the 2009 Acura TSX?

Incredible Value

by cartraider from Dallas, TX on Wed May 11 2011

I've had an Audi A4 (and loved it), a Saab 9-3 (GM ruined SAAB), Several Fords and a Toyota. After having the TSX for 3 months and putting about 8,000 miles on it I'm sold on Acura, so far. I bought it used with 24K miles. Acura value is miles ahead of other luxury brands. The car has tons of equipment on it, with a well-finished interior. It feels very tight and solid on the road, with a relatively quiet ride. It reminds me of my Audi with a 'drop-forged like a Craftsman wrench' feel. It's not as demanding in terms of maintenance, since it doesn't have a turbo and wasn't made by Volkswagen. If I could complain about this car, I'd say it doesn't accelerate the way I'd like at highway speed. But that hasn't stopped me from getting a speeding ticket, and I've never really felt like there wasn't enough power to move when I need to. The responsiveness at low speed, crisp handling and fuel economy more than make up for mediocre acceleration from 50-80.

good car so far

by smrtdawg from San Francisco on Wed Dec 22 2010

In November 2010 I bought an '09 TSX + Technology. It was purchased in late '08. The technology features in this car are fantastic. You never know how much you will use a luxury item until you have it. I use the heated seats, auto garage door opener, navigation, rearview camera and ipod connect all the time. The car gets good mileage but can move when rushed. It feels light on its feet. The European cars (MB and BMW) feel really heavy by comparison even though the performance numbers are similar. Some issues I have with the car include (1) its a little big for tight spots. (2) the mileage calculator is off by my estimates. (3) storage is not so great. (4) some controls require taking out the manual... OVERALL: great car.

Sporty and stylish, plus great features

by Car enthusiast / smart buyer from Phoenix, AZ on Sun Feb 28 2010

I am driving the TSX around 80 miles a day for work and I'm getting an average of 32 miles per gallon. The car drives sporty like my previous A4, and the interior is really sharp. The interior features are great, the stereo is crystal clear with the ipod dock. I've had the car for a few months and I am very happy with my purchase. I traded in an '07 Lexus GS350 and have really benefited from my decision.

Great Value

by Tomatchen from Toronto, ON on Fri Nov 06 2009

I've owned the '09 TSX tech pkg for about 6 months now, and am delighted. The interior is beautiful - if hightech/spaceship is your thing. We drove the C300, IS250, 328i, A4, and 300C. Forget the fact that isn't a V6 - all the others had V6's (or V8 in the 300C's case), but the TSX engine is superior. Incredibly smooth and the large displacement (for a 4cyl) gives it a hint of a throaty burble like the V8 in the 300C when taking off from stops. Anyone who comes into our car is very impressed with the interior and exterior. Just perfect. And I love the fuel economy - excellent for a lux/performance car.

LOVE, LOVE, LOBE

by Love my tsx from Omaha, NE on Thu Sep 08 2011

I have owned a 2009 TSX w/ tech package for a couple of months. We bought it used and have had absolutely no problems. The 1st week we bought it we took it on an unexpected road trip 12 hours one way! We got great gas mileage and the ride was very smooth. I drive back and forth to work 30 miles, one way, and I love driving it every morning. The bluetooth is great to have when driving. The only frustration I have with the car is the navigation system is not updated. I looked online to update it and the cost is a little high. I have a gps, so to pay for it again, would be silly. Love the back-up camera! I haven't tried the DVD yet. We have a 4 person family, with 2 teenagers and they have plenty of room in the back of the vehicle. My most favorite car that I have ever had!!!

#1G

by nashville honda guy from nashville on Sun Aug 12 2012

Good value for the money. 09 TSX with 31k miles - paid 20,500. I would recommend the tech package... I really like it and all the tech features of the car. Gas mileage running 28-30 mpg. Had some window trim issues that Acura fixed under warranty. I did have to have the rotors surfaced on my own.

Been the best car I've had

by Ash16a from Louisville, KY on Wed Jun 04 2014

I have had my 2009 Tsx since April of 2008- currently ( June 2014) my car has over 120,000 miles on it. It has been extremely reliable and needed minimal maintenance.Tires, belts, engine, etc have maintained well. Car still looks and runs great. I still run premium gas in it, but do get great gas mileage > 30 mpg typically. I hope this car lasts 200,000 miles! I have had issues with the Acura dealership as far as trusting them, but I would look past this and get another Acura with the exceptional quality and value of the car itself.

Exrremely dependable car

by Tanner24 from Lowell on Thu Mar 02 2017

The car has been really free of major or minor problems. It is a gas saver. Its a very good combination of luxury with japanese reliability

What a car !

by scottinportola from Palo Alto, CA on Sat Jan 03 2009

I have had my Acura TSX for about 1 month. I really love this car. The look of this car is aggressive, but classy at the same time the interior of the TSX coveys quality and Luxury. It's well put together. The NAV system is easy to use, and the ELS sound system is unbelievable until heard; truly remarkable. There have been many reviews that the handling is not up to par with most in this class, and I have to disagree. Unless you are planning to take this car onto a race track, the steering is well balanced for a car of this size and I find it very responsive. This car also has plenty of power. When I tell my friends that it is a 4 CYL, they don't believe me, because it feels so much like a 6 CYL car. Overall compared to other cars in this class, this car offers more features for a price that just cannot compare. If you are looking for a small sporty and luxurious feeling car; this is the car for you. P.S- The TECH PKG is a must it is worth the $3000.

Best car i owned

by JLR15 from on Sun Jun 14 2009

Its the perfect car its affordable and its a luxury sports car cant ask more then that on a 30 something thousand dollars car.

1 2 3 4 5 6

Our Take on the 2009 Acura TSX

They say you shouldn't bring a knife to a gunfight, and that phrase came to mind when I drove the redesigned 2009 Acura TSX. The TSX, which hits dealerships in April, has its share of good qualities — like a stylish exterior and interior — but it competes in the luxury sport sedan category, which is one of the more crowded segments of the car business. Shoppers there will find the TSX outgunned by competing models in terms of power and handling.

The Look
The TSX's all-new styling builds on the previous generation's athletic looks, but the new sedan is 2.4 inches longer and 3 inches wider than before. The TSX's wide stance, accented by bulging front fenders, is apparent when looking at... Read More