Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2013 TSX

2013 Acura TSX

2013 Acura TSX

Have You Driven the 2013 Acura TSX?

TSX, not bad

by hdm574L from Cincinnai, OH on Fri Mar 01 2013

Okay so I bought a 2013 Acura TSX w/5 spd-automatic trans. and the 2.4L inline 4-cyl engine. It seemed like a great buy, and it mostly was. Performance-wise, it is actually quite a bargain. The 2.4L offers surprisingly good pickup when you need it. Press the accelerator down to the floor and it shoots forward unlike any 4-cyl I've driven before, even more than my friend's '04 TSX I test drove a few years back. I love the 2.4's engine sound at high rev's, once you approach it's 7,100-rpm redline it screams with egotistic swagger and it sounds great! 5-spd shifts very accurately and smoothly. Handling is fairly impressive but not incredibly sporty, mostly due to the fact that the 2nd-gen TSX has electric steering instead of the previous hydraulic system. The suspension is fairly stiff and somewhat unforgiving over poor roads so it's not the best for those wanting cushy-comfort rides. But overall not too bad of a ride on smooth and average roads. The interior is quite comfy, with great interior quality and attention to detail and pretty good seat, although the front passenger seat lacks some crucial lateral support, which I found rather strange. The rear seat is still tight, almost like the lifted the same one out the 1st-gen TSX an placed it here. Anyone over 5'11 won't be very happy back there. Interior tech is fantastic, with a standard iPod dock so I can rock out to my favorite songs. The navigation system works well and isn't overly complicated unlike most new cars these days. Controls are adequate as far as being easy to use. The trunk is actually pretty roomy for a sport compact. Exterior styling is great. I really dig the pointy front nose and flat minor rear decklid spoiler on the trunklid. Great job on the styling, Acura. The verdict: Acura has left me with a smile on my face and I'm satisfied with it's mild sporty character, great interior design, and sleek exterior styling. What a great value it represents. I greatly recommend it to someone who wants a nice sporty little car with intuitive interior tech, styling, and more. Thank you Acura.

Better than most professional reviews claim

by Texas enthusiast from Texas on Tue Jun 17 2014

Bought a lightly used wagon (sales demo) - low miles and additional warranty with CPO. Great car. Most of the professional reviews of this car seem to pick on it for not having enough power - they must be spoiled. The TSX wagon has plenty of pick up for just about any real world needs; the 5 speed auto is well mated to this engine. I guess one could say this car is the best of the previous generation technology - which means it is not cutting edge, but does mean that the car is extremely well sorted. Engine-transmission - great. Suspension - firm, but nicely supports around town and swooping curves (more of a grand tourer than sports car, but really, that is what is called for). Steering - quick turn-in, extremely accurate. Feel is ok, although it is an electronic setup. Stereo - great. Nav/controls - easy to see, works well. I like having the knob/buttons for manipulating controls compared to the modern touch screen. Visibility/lighting - no blind spots, great headlights. Quietness: wind noise well suppressed; some road noise on broken pavements at highway speeds. Not a loud car, but not hushed due to the tire noise. (Perhaps better tires -- Tirerack suggests the OEMs are middle of the road for quietness.) Build quality and comfort - high/excellent. Good perch for long and short drives. While not especially luxurious, hits the right notes to make one feel a little special. Definitely a cut above mainstream makes. Does the entry luxury job well. If you a looking for a car with the latest gadgets, this is not it (but you knew that). If you want a well sorted car that does the basics very well - handling, visibility, comfort, stereo, ergonomics, this is a great car. I traded in a myFordTouch car and like the controls on this one much better. I travel a lot and sample many rental cars with the latest designs. There appears to be on the part of many manufacturers emphasis on electronics but not the basics of a good driving car where the man machine interface is well thought through. If you don't need the very latest gizmos and want a good driving, slightly sporty but otherwise practical/reliable car with some nice luxuries, the TSX is hard to beat.

TSX Sport Wagon

by Low Rider Vetrano from Centerville, OH on Tue Dec 31 2013

I have a 12 TSX Sport Wagon with Tech Pack that I've owned for a month and put over 2K miles on. I drove it home (5 hours) in a snow / rainstorm at 70mph it handled like it was on rails. The seat hugs like a pair of "leather" Italian loafers. The Michelins are hard running tires dues to their ability to hold the road. The navigation and music technology system was reasonably intuitive. Best car I've ever owned

3 Year-old Acura TSX Runs Like New Car

by StanBoston from Boston MA on Mon May 15 2017

When our Volvo S 60 turned 13, it needed some expensive maintenance work. We wanted something just as sporty, same quality, value for the money. We think we made a great decision going for a 3 year-old Acura TSX with about 35,000 miles. Really does behave like a new car!

Fun and comfortable

by Curt from Phoneix, Arizona on Sun Sep 29 2013

Car was everything it was noted and my wife loves it. Being an Acura it will have the safety and convenience of being dependable and is easy to drive. The single knob to control the navigation and other features is easy to use and quick to put in a destination.

Best Car - even better dealership

by brevymacd from Brevard, NC on Thu Jan 23 2014

Over 6 decades of car buying. This is the best car purchased and the buying experience with Apple Tree Honda was amazing. Really friendly and helpful personnel in every sector of the process. Long time Honda owners, we were thinking Accord. After listening to our needs, we were introduced to the Acura TSK which was just the right for us

I love my Acura TSX

by Tamikia loves her TSX from GLOUCESTER TWP, NJ on Sat Mar 17 2018

Sleek, sporty reliable and cost efficient! I could be a bit bigger but it is my favorite car purchased this far! I love it's sporty style! Gas is efficient! This is a great reliable vehicle.

Great car fun to drive

by Longlegs from Joplin mo on Thu Nov 16 2017

This car never fails to amaze me at it's performance and gas milage and it's so comfortable the seats are great. I love this car!!

Great car

by JT from St. Louis, MO on Sun Jul 10 2016

This is a great car. It is our second time buying a TSX. Our first is a 2007. Love everything about this car especially the reliability of this model. Felt we got a decent deal. Loved using Cars.com to compare cars of this style. We felt that we made an informed purchase.

Nice Car!!

by Driving in Style from Morton, Pa on Thu May 16 2013

I've had my car for 1 week and I'm very impressed. The 2013 Acura TSX is very comfortable. I love the seats. It's sporty but classy. And drives well.

1 2 3