What Is the 2021 Alfa Romeo Stelvio?
The Alfa Romeo Stelvio is a compact luxury SUV with seating for five people. It comes standard with a 280-horsepower, turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine paired with an eight-speed automatic transmission. Rear-wheel drive is standard and all-wheel drive is optional. A high-performance 505-hp Quadrifoglio version with a twin-turbocharged 2.9-liter V-6 is also available and comes standard with all-wheel drive. Competitors include the BMW X3, Audi Q5 and Volvo XC60.
What’s New on the 2021 Alfa Romeo Stelvio?
Alfa Romeo has tweaked the Stelvio’s trim lineup and the features offered at each level, but there are no other significant changes.
What Features in the 2021 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Are Most Important?
Standard features include:
- 18-inch aluminum wheels
- Heated, power-folding side mirrors
- Remote start
- Dual-zone automatic climate control
- 8.8-inch touchscreen multimedia system
- Android Auto and Apple CarPlay smartphone connectivity
- Leather upholstery
- 40/20/40-split folding backseat
- Forward collision warning
- Automatic emergency braking
Available features include:
- 19-, 20- or 21-inch aluminum wheels
- Adaptive suspension
- Dual-pane moonroof
- Heated front and rear seats
- Heated steering wheel
- Wireless device charging
- Harman Kardon premium stereo
- Adaptive cruise control
- Blind spot warning
- Lane-keeping assist
- Automatic high-beam headlights
Should I Buy the 2021 Alfa Romeo Stelvio?
If sharp steering reflexes and sporty performance are vital parts of your luxury SUV search, there’s a good chance the Stelvio will fit the bill. This is an SUV that lives for curvy roads, and the Quadrifoglio model delivers exhilarating acceleration. It’s worth noting, however, that many rivals look and feel more luxurious inside. We also thought its brake-pedal feel wasn’t the best.