Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2010 A5

2010 Audi A5

2010 Audi A5

5 out of 5 stars Exterior Styling

Have You Driven the 2010 Audi A5?

all the sweet spots!

by Docmind from New Jersey on Mon Jun 09 2014

First of all, let me say that I've driven and owned anything that even came close to this car...I owned the twin turbo Z car, almost purchased a 911, owned several 3 series BMW's, and finally set myself on this baby. While all of the above have significant strengths, I find the combination of performance, reliability, and flat out quality in this car to be superior in virtually every way. I drove the quattro through every snow event this past year (snowiest I can remember), and just blew through each and every one of them-I passed every four wheel drive you can name with ease and felt very safe and comfortable at the same time...Audi has been making this quattro system to excel in race conditions for decades now, and it shows through clearly. The fit and finish is the best. This particular model has been termed by Walter deSilva his most beautiful creation ever-not bad for a man with his design pedigree! If you purchase this gorgeous cabriolet, make sure to get the windscreen too-you can have a perfectly civilized conversation at 70 mph!...Malto Bella!

I really miss driving this car!!

by Jeffafa92 from San diego on Thu Nov 09 2017

I bought it used off my my mechanic with 105k miles. BEST. DECISION. EVER. Most people worry about audis because of reliability blah blah blah. AS LONG AS THR CAR AS SOLID HISTORY YOU WILL LOVE IT!! I put 15k miles on it before some ignorant driver T-Boned me while texting. Man i really miss it. It was such a pleasure to drive. 6 speed manual is the way to go. Before this i owned the TT. Loved the car too. I switched to the dark side (bmw 335i) to see what all thr hoopla was about, but im an Audi man all the way now. I RECOMMEND THIS CAR!!

A Great value car

by jwal80 from Cinnaminson, NJ on Sun Apr 29 2018

I bought a used A5 convertible through a PA Audi dealer with 97K miles. The dealer certified it's condition. This is my first Audi. The car is a "Blast" to drive. It has all wheel drive which means that it handles the road and turns extremely well. Audi turbo-charged this model, as with others, and for a 2.0L engine, it is amazing how powerful this car is. I'm shocked ! It is a sporty looking black car and with the top down, it makes driving real fun, comfortable and enjoyable.

Great Car - Head turner

by Coldspring from Indianapolis, IN on Tue May 04 2010

I've had my A5 2.0T Premium Plus for 4 months now and have no regrets. DO NOT buy this car if you are self conscious - you WILL get looks at every stop light and will get stopped everywhere you go to talk about the car. If you're stuck in the city traffic most of the week like I am - don't fret with the automatic, but the sport package is a must so you can get through the gears with the paddle shifters on the open road. The suspension tweaks and handling are also a joy with the sport package (not to mention some of the finest wheels I've seen from a manufacturer in quite a while!) The transmission is magnificent and turbo lag is minimal. My only legitimate complaint would be the placement of the cruise control - it is blocked by the steering wheel and you cannot see it while driving. It's fine once you get used to it, however. The improved Audi MMI combined with the Bang & Olufsen sound system are fantastic. Feaures and performance similar to that other German car manufacturer but with the distinct styling that sets you out from the herd of the other $40-50K car owners. You'd have to spend $80K with that other company to get similar styling in a coupe. Audi has certainly hit the mark with this car!

A5 Cab

by Mike from Connecticut on Sun Jul 25 2010

I really like this car. The convertible is easy to use, quick and a helluva lot of fun. I had the twin turbo A6 before and was concerned about the 2.6l 4cyl being too small. The car is rather light so the motor gives me all the acceleration I need (as long as I am not next to an S5). I really like getting 23MPG miles (up from 18 on the A6) and the 15 gallon tank hits my wallet less often and a lot less. The trunk is not huge but once I switched to a smaller golf bag, everything fits just fine. My kids love going for a ride in it and ask me to take them for rides. My older one is 12 and 5'9" and sits behind my wife just fine. The littler one sits behind me and has plenty of room. For short rides I could move up a bit but for now do not need to. I have the Arum beige on chocolate top. Get many fine comments about this being a really good looking car. Haven't truly enjoyed a car like this for some time. We will see what winter brings. The B&O Stereo option is really worth it, the sound rocks! I have everything for options but the heated headrest option so I have everything I need. Heated seats, leather, nav, etc. The nav is a little kludgy picking some pretty odd routes (when you know a better way). Haven't figured that out yet. The 3d display is really cool (and helpful if you go into the city as the buildings shown are correct and too scale). It really helps your driving. Lastly, the only bummer is (my model at least) has no memory seats which is a pretty dumb thing to leave out these days. With the top being so easy to use, my wife likes to take the car when its around. We differ in height by over a foot and its a pain to move the seats back and forth to find where I was. I am getting better at it, but wish I had memory. I looked at the Infinities (their convertible too. Nice car but hard to find and a lot of money for an Infiniti), BMW and MB. Really happy with my choice.

Solid, Sharp & Fast Enough

by Weekend Wine Expert from Michigan on Mon Sep 15 2014

I picked up a 2010 A5 3.2 prestige with 57k on the clock a month ago. So far I'm impressed with the look, the ride, and the B&O stereo. It rides firm on its 19 in wheels but is not jarring. The seats and leg room are comfortable for bigger guys (6-3, 220). This is a second vehicle for me and I wanted something more sporty (my other ride is a 2013 Chevy truck). It's not a sports car however. It's a good grand tourer with enough power and grip for a spirited drive when required. My only complaint is the MMI entertainment system can be a pain to navigate. It Bluetooth's to your phone for calls but couldn't Bluetooth music from my phone until I bought a $90 wireless device from England.

Low Cost Luxury

by Sato from Los Angeles, CA on Sat Dec 18 2010

Great car!! Fun to drive!!, Rear seats are a bit snugg for taller passengers but with the amount of heads you'll be turning, it compensates for the lack of legroom. I've had an Audi for about 4 years went from an A5 sedan to a coupe. Extremely confortable and the B&O sound system is really sharp and high quality perfect to sit in while stuck in LA traffic.

quick and steady

by top-down C from Boston on Tue Apr 24 2012

Love my A5 quattro cabriolet. Its as quick as I need to be. Just love losing those tailgaters by accelerating into tight curves and watching them fade in my rear view mirror.. Has a turbo delay but now that I know about it, just hit it a half second earlier. No sway in corners - sits flat but rides light. Nothing beats top-down days and admiring looks from both M and W at stoplights or while sitting. Like it best when the W look and speak, usually something like how much they love the car.

So far so good

by G-Man from Charlotte, NC on Sun Jun 13 2010

Got a fairly well appointed A5 Prestige w/ S-Line and quite happy with it so far. Really no major complaints so far. Some minor things: There was a slight squealing noise from the drive train when accelerating but happened only a couple of times but it went away on its own. Steering wheel developed a strange clunky feeling but maybe that's normal. Will have to mention it to the dealer here. Was looking for an AWD car with decent gas mileage, great handling, good performance and stylish. Seems to get the job done. Also, not every teenager has one. Had some reliability concerns with Audi but we'll see. Only had it for 2 months or so. Second choice would have been BMW 335xi but while faster it's also smaller and in reality it's not really a luxury car. I'm not buying a car to drive on the track. :)

Love to drive now!

by Audi Girl from St. Charles, IL on Wed Apr 10 2013

Love my new car. It rides as great as it looks. Great mileage and great aesthetics. Slight lag when going from 1st to 2nd gear only minor issue. Overall, great car.

1 2 3

Our Take on the 2010 Audi A5

I was impressed with the Audi A5's stunning looks when it debuted for 2008, but I didn't like its 3.2-liter V-6. It lacked excitement, and even though it's the more powerful of two available engines, the coupe felt too heavy with it inside. Fellow editor Kelsey Mays reviewed the A5 with the soft-top Cabriolet convertible option last year and found the A5's base 2.0-liter turbo maladjusted, which is strange because our staff universally loves that engine in the A4, as well as other Audis and VWs of various shapes and sizes.

I discovered that the car is at its best in its most affordable, least powerful guise: the quattro A5 2.0T. This one's just right.

See all Audi A5 trim levels and body styles compared... Read More