2000 323

2000 BMW 323

2000 BMW 323

4.4

Have you driven the 2000 BMW 323?

Longest lasting car! Most reliable!

by BMW addicted from Pennsylvania on Thu Oct 18 2012

I have had a BMW 323i for 5 years and the person before me that owned it drove it from New York to PA everyday for work! She put 230,000 miles on it and I was nervous about purchasing the BMW with so many miles on it but I had no choice and I purchased it. The is now 360,000 miles on it and there is nothing wrong with it, it drives perfectly! I would have never imagined any car would last this long! The mechanic I take it to says it is in great shape !! I love this car and will never buy anything but a BMW 323i ! It is the best reliable car I have ever driven!

Best car I have ever owned!

by Jim from Southern WI on Thu Mar 04 2010

Bought a 2000 323i 2 months ago, and it has been the best car I have ever owned. the 323i is a little slow, 0-60 in ~8s, but its handling makes up for it over and over. One thing to note though, this generation needs to have it's cooling system completely overhauled after 100k miles, but don't let this scare you away - just inquire about this before you buy. These are amazing cars and make up for their shortfalls many times over as soon as you jump in and drive away. :) I would like to add, with proper winter tires, it is the best car I have ever driven in the snow. It handles better in the snow than many 4wd pickup trucks thanks to its near perfect 50:50 weight distribution.

A truly great car to drive

by italiaman from Mtl, QC on Sun Jul 19 2009

What can you say? A nice agile, sporty, compact BMW. Great engine, great handling. The actual mechanics of the car have held up beautifully over its near decade lifespan. The only qualms in reliability are the electronics, with door unlocker, power windows and some lights malfunctioning.

So Far So Good.

by mauimatt13 from Sacramento on Sat Oct 16 2010

I just let my 04 325ci go back to the back. Very nice car, some rattles, but a good ride. It was pretty loaded. Every option except Navi. I owed $15,500. I had a car with 78k miles, no warranty, and looking at a $340 payment for the next 4-5 years. I just purchased a 2000 323ci (strippy) with 220k miles, and I love it. The manual is much more fun, I get better mileage, and it is white instead of black. It gets pretty hot here. Needs brakes and maybe shocks and struts, but is a strong, fun runner even with 220k. BMW quality.

sweet Ride

by Jerry from Ocean City Maryland on Mon Oct 18 2010

My BMW is now a decade old and everything about it was at or above average except for the automatic transmission.Reverse went up at about 100k and believe me I am a gentle driver. I would not recommend the BMW to anyone who didn't live within 30 miles of their dealership because even though I made my dealership aware of the problem they were not close enough to follow up and as a result I wound up out of warranty and with a new transmission. These Automobiles are wonderful but I believe living close to your dealership is a must.My next car will not be a BMW.

best value for the money

by test driver w/o fear from Rocky Mts on Sat Aug 24 2013

Equipped with the right options (i.e. black interior, dark wood grain, leather, steptronic trans, ect.) It is a very classy machine. Not light on the luxury at all. Split folding rear seats. Very smooth accelerating, Excellent turning radius. And even bone stock, the steering wheel is rock solid all the way up at 140mph. To me, that alone speaks volumes for build quality. A few simple upgrades (i.e. polyurethane LCA bushings, wider wheels, lower profile performance tires and they handle so beautifully (rwd!). In my opinion this is where the car really shines and I dont see how it could really be matched for the money. Especially for those who choose to stay with the soft factory suspension. Somewhat pricey to maintain though, so get one from a good home. And don't trust a dealership further than you can throw them! Support your local independent mechanics or you will pay.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Great driving car. Good for tall folks.

by Kimberly22_f from San Jose on Sat Jul 01 2017

This is a very safe car and crashed well. I was in an accident where I was hit in the back hard. The car did what it was suppose to do.

2000 BMW 323 E46

by BIMMER from EL PASO TEXAS on Wed Jun 11 2014

I JUST GOT ONE BLACK ON BLACK. I BOUGHT IT WITH 105000 MILES. FROM THE SECOND OWNER. THEY EACH HAD IT FOR 6 YEARS. OWNER JUST CAME TO FORT BLISS FROM CALIFORNIA. IM A BARBER ON BASE. ITS IN EXCELLENT CONDITIONS. I GOT IT FOR 3000. CLEAN TITLE FROM CALIFORNIA. IT HAD CALIFORNIA PLATES AND A 2013 MARINE PERMIT. I SPEND 300 ON THE TITLE EXCHANGE AND TEXAS PLATES AND INSPECTION STICKER. CLEAN EXTERIOR AND INTERIOR. EVERYTHING IS STOCK. IT HAD OEM REPLACEMENT PARTS. ORIGINAL RIMS WITH GOODYEAR TIRES AND SPARE WITH TOOLS. NOTHING IS MISSING OR BROKEN. IT HAD 4 DEALIRSHIP MANUALS. I ONLY DID A TUNE UP. AUTOZONE OIL, FRAM OIL FILTER, AIR FILTER, CABIN FILTER. AUTOLITE SPARK PLUGS AND WIRESET. I DID IT BECAUSE IT HASNT BEEN MOVE FOR 6 MONTHS. THERE WAS NOTHING WRONG. OWNER BOUGHT A BMW X3 6 MONTHS AGO.

Best life expectancy abong most car brands.

by Microbist from Dayton, OH on Tue Jun 14 2011

Amazing response, crisp sound, and great fuel consumption. The architectural shape (facelift) is a breakthrough beauty, best until year 2000 and even until today (see current "rounded-shape" models - yearly facelift update is required by law...). This car is a work-of -art!

Great Find

by DaveG from Bethlehem, PA on Mon Feb 13 2012

I never would have found the BMW I ended up buying if it werent for Cars.com. The car is a classic "old lady, garage kept..." vehicle. I love it! I bought it for my daughter and she is also thrilled (although I have threatened to trade her for my car - the BMW, although 11 years old is nicer than my 4-year old car)! Overall, a great buy and a great experience!

1 2 3 4 5

Our Take on the 2000 BMW 323

Remember those little Beemers of the early-to-mid-'80s: They were petite boxes on wheels that became a status symbol for those just on the cusp of making it in the halcyon days of Reaganomics?

I always viewed them as BMW's not-very-good answer to the surge of Saab and the endurance of Volvo. They weren't really an enthusiast's car but were more a rig built for those who wanted to at least play the enthusiast when pulling up for valet parking.

Thankfully, they evolved. Got more powerful. Got better engines. Stayed boxy until recently, but nevertheless became better cars. Cars even an enthusiast could appreciate.

So now comes the 323Ci, in a new generation that is the biggest of the little Beemers... Read More