2010 328

2010 BMW 328

2010 BMW 328

4.3

4 out of 5 stars Value for the Money

Have You Driven the 2010 BMW 328?

Nice car

by NewOwner from Boston, MA on Mon Nov 01 2010

Pros: Great exterior and interior styling, delightful features, safety, looks, Name appeal, ride, fit and finish, engine. Cons: Run-flat tires, base audio system, slightly cramped knee room for driver and rear passenger leg room, Unclear/inconsistent specifications on need for premium or regular fuel (not really a con). BMW IMO should offer the runflats as an option or completely get rid of it. It has no real benefit (how often do you get a flat tire anyway). Infact it is an added cost to the consumer. It cannot be repaired and if you have a flat, that tire or all tires need to be replaced entirely. I think runflats make the car noisy and handle (a bit) poorly. Also note that BMW does NOT offer the runflats on their expensive hyper sports model - the M3. That shows you what BMW themselves think of runflats. It only saves BMW cost to not include a spare wheel, jack and other components. It does not really help the owner other than not having to replace the tire immediately on the side of the road.

Best and worst car I have owned

by Aktmjcor from Norwood, NJ on Fri Aug 18 2017

I fell in love instantly with this car. A Blue Coupe. A xi. Really nice. Great driver and outstanding on the highway for road trips. Powerful. However, after a few months break down after breakdown. Anything that broke or malfunctioned cost a large amount to repair. After dropping 7k in just 3 1/2 years I had to trade it in and take a loss. It looked so good, I still miss it. I will not dare call this car a money pit. If you have the patience and not afraid to take a risk, you can drive one too! Be aware that if used and no longer under warranty, it could cost you dearly. Mine did.

Does not recommend this car!!

328i Cabriolet is a Great Car

by Doc from Boise, ID on Thu Apr 11 2013

My wife and I were looking for a car that would replace our Mercedes-Benz SLK 350. We loved the hard top convertible but needed a little more room. The BMW 328i convertible does that. Here are my observations: Plus: Powerful but not stunning acceleration. Excellent handling, even better than the SLK. Comfortable but firm seats. Excellent stereo and Nav system. Decent highway mpg... about 31. More fun than should be legal with the top down. Much better body integrity than the SLK. The BMW barely gives away the fact that it's a convertible. Free maintenance for the first four years. (We have one year left as we bought a 2010 just one month ago.) Minus: Expensive to fix IF you use the dealer. Don't. I have been using the same independent here in Boise for 20 years and I swear he does a better job for half the cost of the dealer. By the way, he says a 328i is one of the best cars ever made. Seriously. Nav screen. BMW really dropped the ball on this. The screen has an anti-glare coating that comes off or scratches if you try to clean it. If you buy this car it takes courage to remove the anti-glare coating and replace it with a film available at several outlets. It works and it can be cleaned. Stiff ride with run flat tires. I will probably replace them with conventional tires and a mobility kit (fix-a-flat and a portable electric air pump). After a month of driving this car I love it and can't imagine selling it unless it simply falls apart. It's that good. But I would never buy it new. Let someone else take the $20,000 depreciation loss.

Solid Machine

by Terrylovestocruise from Portsmouth, NH on Fri Sep 06 2013

This is my second BMW. The first was a 325i and couldn't believe the difference between it and the Ford I traded in to purchase the BMW. I didn't realize how "tinny" the doors were but when I first opened the BMW the doors were solid, I felt like I was driving a tank, a very comfortable luxury tank, you feel like your sitting in a solid car from the weight of the doors, to the leather seats that feel like a very thick quality leather, to the mirrors that assist when backing up and parking the car. I didn't know what "the ultimate driving machine" meant until I actually bought one and experienced it. Seven years later I now own an Alpine White 2010 BMW 328i xdrive, had to move up a notch. The only con about this car is the gas mileage, I might get 18 around town and 25 on highway. A big difference from the 325i which was a lot more economical. Other than that, it has a smooth ride and I feel like a million bucks driving it. It's sleek sophisticated design is certainly a head turner and I made sure I didn't buy it new, but 2 years old this time so I don't feel the pinch of paying for a new one all over again. I would highly recommend this car. They are simply a quality built car unlike any other type of car I have driven.

nice!

by jf bmw from Long Island on Mon Nov 28 2011

Car rides great, accelerates smoothly and powerfully. I use the manual type shifter since I am used to a manual transmission and it works just like a manual except there is no clutch. Seats are comfortable and provide great stability. Only complaints would be the lack of certain things I would expect in a car of this price that are not standard...No bluetooth, no power seats, terrible interior storage which could be an issue, and most importantly the base stereo is just OK at best. Having said all that, I love this car and always look forward to driving it!

Great looking vehicle

by Bmw 10 from on Sun Mar 19 2017

I bought this car with 90 k miles in the first few weeks i have replace 3 coils i also had a leakfrom the windshield that interior floor got soaked also heater blower motor keeps cutting out. Great vehicle but just at the time to replace a few things

Great reliable car

by BeckyW from Lebanon, PA on Fri Jan 26 2018

My fourth 328i . very reliable motors, no problems. Could improve the audio though. Very sporty, comfortable. I own the M sport version which I really love.

Best car I've ever owned!

by BMW02 from on Fri Apr 07 2017

First BMW I've ever had and now I will never own anything else! Love these cars! German Engineering is second to none! Always fun to drive and comfortable. I'm hooked and loving it!

Most comfortable car I've owned

by Rob from Lexington, SC on Tue Dec 18 2018

BMW is quiet and comfortable on the highway. Drives and handles great. Great gas mileage for a sports car, 26 local, 32 to 33 highway.

328i xDrive Wagon

by Jonzeke from St Louis on Thu Apr 20 2017

My 2nd E90 era 3 Series and my third BMW 3 Series. So far, it has proven to be a reliable and entertaining vehicle. Capable in snow, nimble in corners, and comfortable on long drives this generation 3 Series takes whatever I throw at it (and being a wagon, in it too.) Have put over 35,000 miles on it and it doesn't skip a beat. The N52 post 2009 is more reliable than most BMW engines, though mine is finally showing signs of expected valve cover leaks after 7 years of service. As long as you stay ahead of maintenance the 2010 328 should give you miles/years or service! Some minor headaches are to be expected, but nothing to scare first time BMW owners away. Proper maintenance can be expensive however, so make sure your budget can afford it and you have local experts who know the car well.

1 2 3 4 5 6

Our Take on the 2010 BMW 328

Driving around Chicago in the winter involves too many cold mornings, too many potholes and too many roads that run in any direction you’d like, so long as they’re straight. It takes a car like the BMW 3 Series to remind me that driving can still be fun; that the 3 is also livable during the daily grind is equally impressive. The 3 Series isn’t the only vehicle body-type with such capabilities, though; others come close, and many do so for considerably less money. Venerable though it is, BMW’s best-seller needs a few updates to maintain its edge.

The BMW 3 Series comes in 328i and 335i variants, with normally aspirated and turbocharged six-cylinder engines, respectively. There’s... Read More