2007 650

4.8 out of 5 starsInterior Design
4.2 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.3 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

One issue, but a great car

by Mike E from Orlando, Fl on June 13, 2011

Best ride ever, highway or back roads....before purchasing a convert, have the "top locked down" sensors checked....there are problems with this model that can be very frustrating. Buy the car once the sensor status is known! I have owned mine for 4 months and the problem showed up recently....still trying to get it corrected.

Stylish and Chic

by Lau from Henderson, NV on January 11, 2007

I own the 2007 BMW 650 and I absolutely love this vehicle. It's sleek and you can rely on this car to zip around town. It's got guts...I have the convertible and it is awesome. I love the heads up display. It is alittle pricey, but--it's worth every ride !!!!

Puts a smile on my face everyday

by Beemer virgin from Carbondale, IL on March 8, 2011

Bought used about 1 mo ago. My first BMW. Pure pleasure to drive which is great as I plan it to be a daily driver. The idrive system is a little slow to respond sometimes but that is my only complaint so far. Mpg is decent for a car with this kind of power, 21 overall avg in mixed driving, 25 highway. The interior is extremely comfortable w 2 passengers, cramped but tolerable w 4. The gurgle of the engine sounds better than the stereo system and the stereo rocks. The top is quick and easy and turns the quiet cabin into an even more enjoyable drive. I can't imagine a car that would be more fun to drive. This car adds FUN to an average day. Worth every penny!

6 series is the best series, hands down

by EVal6Series from Los Angeles, CA on June 9, 2014

The 650i we purchased is the best vehicle we have purchased. We have had Fords and Infinitis and Mercedes in the Family. Mercedes and BMW go hand in hand though. These model BMW though is the perfect mixture of speed, looks and quality. When you get a BMW, you know what you are getting, and this model doesn't disappoint. It has tons of power, that when in SPORT MODE, will literally plant you on the headrests. So far, the suspension is spectacular, just hugging corners at high speeds. It accelerates when we need it to, and it just coasts so smooth that you can barely feel the road. In the first couple of weeks, I have had some many compliments on the vehicle and even one who offered to buy it from me; but I declined :) We got a great deal because I did my research. So make sure you know the features the car has, how they are supposed to function etc.

BMW 650IC convertible is an awesome vehicle!

by bmw dream from cincinnati, ohio on July 13, 2017

This is my dream car! i have owned it for 10 years and not one issue. i love the sound of this car - it sounds very powerful! i get many looks in this car! very few have the car in my area

BMW 650i Convertible is amazing

by Flavio from Palm Beach, FL on March 18, 2017

BMW 650i Convertible is amazing. A very light car + V8 engine = HIGHT PERFORMANCE. Beyond that, all luxury and style of a BMW !!!!!

Feels Like a Roadster!!!

by My First BMW in Fairfax from Fairfax, VA on February 18, 2007

After having owned the Jag XJ12 Roadster and the Mercedes CLK AMG, this is the first time I feel really good in a high performance, sedan sized auto. It's exteremly quick, beautifully balanced and has a "heads turning quotient" of 100. The car is quiet at highway speeds (watch the speed) and is loaded with an array of information and superb quality on the fit and finish as well. With my granddaughter visiting more often, my wife and I had to leave the two seaters behind, but we have never felt more satisfied with the choice. This is an excellent vehicle for staying an adult but feeling like a "kid"!!

Nightmare/Dream

by Charlie from Potomac, MD on August 12, 2011

This car looks great and drives like a dream on the road. It's a heavy car so going from a Porsche to a 650ic was a bit of an adjustment since the BMW is not a sports car. There are only 2 MAJOR problems with this car that are a deal breaker for me. The convertible top has been in for service at least 4 times in the 1st year and the issues keep coming back; and the brakes sound like I'm driving a Mack truck. This is a certified preowned car and I have been to the dealer so many time I need to get rid of it. I would not suggest anyone buy a 2007. Luckily this was just a weekend car for me given it spent as much time in the service bays as it did on the road.

Does not recommend this car!!

A practical but not so practical car

by Dajuice27 from Signal Hill, CA on April 5, 2016

I love this car. However, as a commuter (and changing from an Audi A6) it is painful on gas mileage but beautiful on performance. Hit the Sport Mode, defeat the traction control and burn rubber baby!!! Sitting in traffic reminds you of the comfort of the Audi seats over the sporty BMW seats. The back seats are for kids, angry mother in laws and people you want to unfriend - these were not designed for the average adult in mind. I'm a 6 footer and nothing will fit behind me except my briefcase or lunch bag. Sleek, sexy, sporty but remember that it is German and costly to maintain and more expensive to repair. Set aside a slush fund for a rainy day, according to other owners you will eventually need it!!!! Until then, drive happy and drive fast!!!!

Severe inherent problems in manual mode

by yohjo from San Jose, CA on December 7, 2007

Though I love this car I would not recommend it to anyone. The 650 has what BMW calls an "inherent characteristic." If you drive in "manual" shift mode the vehicle is prone to stuttering when coming to a stop. Imagine your head bobbing back and forth like a doll on the dashboard. The vehicle is also prone to severe lunges when driving in m1 (such as you might in a parking garage looking for a spot or while moving forward in a metered freeway on ramp) and to a lesser extent in automatic. The lunges are dangerous and you must drive defensively at 4 miles per hour. BMW states the problem is with the software-it thinks the engine is stalling and the computer gives the engine throttle. It is a known and acknowledged (in writing that I have) but BMW will do nothing further than a software fix that does lessen the frequency & severity of the problem but does not remedy it. For $85,000 you should not feel like a bobble-head on a dashboard when you drive your car.

Does not recommend this car!!

1 2 3