2018 740e

5 out of 5 stars Interior Design
5 out of 5 stars Reliability
5 out of 5 stars Performance
5 out of 5 stars Exterior Styling

Have You Driven the 2018 BMW 740e?

Excited to have first Hybrid 7 Series in Tallahass

by Barney from Tallahassee, FL on Sun Sep 17 2017

This is my first hybrid BMW, but I've been leasing BMW's for 25 years now. This car is the FIRST hybrid 7 Series in Tallahassee, FL. This is my fifth 7 series. I always order my car so that I can pick and choose everything though the exterior color is always the same - silver. But this time I decided to spend the money for Individual Composition, an expensive option, and I'm very pleased with my decision. Though I've had this car for a month, I haven't driven it but just around town. But this week I will be going on a business trip of almost 500 miles one-way, so I'm looking forward to the experience. I'm especially interested in seeing how I do in gas mileage since it's a hybrid car. So far, I've been getting about 13 miles on a charge, and I understand that this number will increase as I drive it more and on longer trips. I'm hoping it will get up to about 30 miles on a charge which is what I was told by the salesman. I like all of the cool options that I selected like the interior lighting, the interior fragrance, the special moonroof with "stars" and the premium sound system by Bowers & Wilkens. Hopefully, by the time this 39-month lease is up, BMW will have a fully electric vehicle other than the i3 or the i8. I'd love to have the i8, but at my age, I don't want to have to work hard to get into and out of a car, so that's why this 7 series is perfect for me.