2007 X3

2007 BMW X3

2007 BMW X3

4.3

Have You Driven the 2007 BMW X3?

Best handling vehicle I've ever owned

by 2007X3Owner from Central Florda on Sun Jul 27 2008

I've owned a lot of sports cars in the past. For an SUV, the handling is amazing. I can take a hard turn on a dirt road and the X3 handles like it's on rails. I don't know how one reviewer here says it's a gas hog. I can get up to 30 MPG with this thing doing 60 MPH with the cruise control on. The interior is beautiful. I only wish the dash had more bling as some of the Japanese cars. With 20,000 miles on the vehicle, I have not had experienced any transmission problems at all. The transmission shifts perfectly. On the highway, you can punch it and not have too many problems passing other cars. I feel very safe in this vehicle. So far I've only seen a couple electrical problems. The light in the glove box comes on at night for no reason. When turning the vehicle off, I've seen the left hand side lights stay on while the right ones were turned off as if a relay was stuck on. I would buy a 2nd BMW if I could afford to do so. This is one of the finest vehicles I've ever owned and would recommend it and not listen to the negative reviews on here. Test drive one on some curves and see for yourself. With the X-Drive, I can never manage to squeal the tires. The traction is excellent. With 20,000 miles, the tire tread still looks brand new having Pirelli tires. I drove in some very bad rain storms last week doing 70 MPH on I-95. I was able to zip right around all of the other slow vehicles. The X-Drive works amazing. I would never buy another vehicle that doesn't come with stability control ever again.

high mileage BMW

by 2007 BMX X3 from Pennsylvania on Sat Jan 11 2014

Purchased this cool BMW because of the looks and after test drive I was in love. Its my firs BMW and traded for a Subaru legacy GT w/250k miles. I can not compare to any other BMW but loved the handling of the vehicle. Firm ride is my cup of tea. Purchased this vehicle with 103k miles. It may seem crazy to some but had many high mileage cars with out major problems (Mazda 3S,Subaru, Toyota). This X3 was solely maintained by BMW and all up to date. Interior and exterior was in excellent condition. Since I'm used to doing most of basic maintenance my self I was disapoinnted that this vehicle hes no dip stick for engine oil or trans fluid. It scares me to think what would happened if something went wrong with electronic that monitors all its fluids. And if something goes wrong not all mechanics are incline to fix these cars so you will have to pay for someone who specialize in BMW's. So far this vehicle did not suffer from any issues. Drove over 10k miles and runs and feels great. I have put snow tires and was wondering how this car would handle compare to my Subaru in snow. I was pleseantly rewarded by great handling on snowy surface. There are few remarks that I have to single cup holder, lack of stationary clock ( have to push buttons to circulated display), location of aux jack is just unfortunate. Otherwise this vehicle handles absolutely amazingly considering higher gravity. If this car can handle my expectations in trouble free rides I will keep on driving for a long time.

Huge improvement over '06

by "Bmwx3_me" formerly known as "Bmwx5_4me" from MN on Tue Nov 14 2006

I believe I test drove almost every small and medium SUV on the market, with in the first 3 minutes of the test drive I knew this car was "the one". (Prior to driving the X3 my heart had been set on a Lexus rx350). I loved my 2001 X5 but the '07 X3 is so much more relaxing and fun to drive. Most of my X3 complaints of prior year models have been addressed and fixed for the 2007. If you don't need the extra room the X5 offers I suggest driving the X3 it may be "the one" for you.

Great Car

by X3 Owner from Beaver, Pa. on Thu Mar 08 2007

The panoramic moonroof that, when fully deployed, feels almost like a targa top. Great feature! The interior is a comfortable place to take refuge with comfortable leather seats and room enough for 4 grown adults. The car has amped up performance with proven reliability along with a gas sipping 26 miles per gallon (highway). Best in class!! Not bad! The craftsmanship and driveability of this vehicle are unmatched. 4 years/50,000 miles of free maintainence put us over the top. I'd take the X3 over the Acura RDX any day of the week and twice on Sunday, and I have driven Hondas/Acuras for years!

A great deal!

by X3 from NY on Thu Jul 09 2009

The X3, especially in the used market under $30,000.00, is an exceptional value in my opinion. You get much more space and utility when compared to the 3-Series BMWs. Extra cargo space, the panaromic sunroof, excellent handling on dry roads as well as on rain and snow make this car an excellent choice for cost conscious BMW lovers. I heard some problems regarding the automatic transmission so I bought the manual version and I absolutely love it. The comfort seats is a must as they substantially improve your comfort especially on long distance highway driving. I would also look for one with navigation since it is right inline with the adventurous spirit of the X3. I am also very impressed with the handling on all kinds of surfaces, and it feels like a sedan on the highway as well as curvy back roads. I thought the sound system could be improved. Overall, this is a great value that BMW offers to its loyal customers (I owned a 330i, 335xi and 550i in the past).

Love

by ac from Michigan on Tue Feb 18 2014

My other car is an Infiniti G37. Bought the X3 mainly for the AWD in the snow. Absolutely love my X3 and its a pure delight in inclement weather. Test drove it and fell in love. I find myself favoring the BMW over my G even when the conditions are dry. The handling, the performance, the tightness and precision of the steering, and the get up and go eager engine. My Infiniti is faster, but the X3 has a special all around feeling that's engineered into every component that leaves the driver in delight. It has a very firm ride and its not for everyone. I love feeling every bit of the road. A sports sedan cloaked as a compact SUV. My cup of tea.

Love to drive this car

by bmw fan from norwood nj on Thu Oct 06 2011

Very spacious interior love the moonroof that extends to the back seats overall love this car only two things i would correct rough ride on bad roads and sometimes car seems to stall before gaining power

Value for the money

by Texman 2007 from El Paso/TX on Wed Dec 22 2010

High quality, high performance car. Doesn't drive as a SUV, more like a sportscar with offroad capabilities.

2 Tons of Fun

by Garden Girl from Los Angeles, CA on Mon Mar 08 2010

Sensitive gas pedal but easy to get used to. LOVE this car, quiet and reliable. Comfortable, easy in and easy out.

110k miles & needs a new transmission

by Nancy from Georgia on Wed Dec 16 2015

Bought my BMW X-3 with 104k miles on it. I've owned it for less than 3 months. I first thought the shifting was off but maybe I just wasn't used to a car like this one. 2 months later, its in the shop getting a transmission. Thank goodness hubby bought the 12mo warranty. Love the car, just hope this is the end of any problems.

1 2 3 4 5 6

Our Take on the 2007 BMW X3

BMW's compact SUV, the X3, has sparked a parade of competitors from Acura to Volvo, all seemingly aimed at convincing shoppers too rich for a Honda CR-V that, yes, there is a $40,000 alternative.

The aging X3 stays fresh for 2007 thanks to a zippier engine, a new automatic transmission and modest styling changes. Some shoppers may be put off by the new transmission, which muffs its way through slower speeds, but between the masterful handling and high-quality cabin there's enough to like to justify the price.

New & Improved, Sort Of
An updated 3.0-liter six-cylinder engine goes under the hood. Packed with BMW's latest innovations, the engine churns out 260 horsepower and 225 pounds-feet of torque — a... Read More