2019 X3

2019 BMW X3

2019 BMW X3

4.2

Have You Driven the 2019 BMW X3?

Has malfunction just after I drive out dealership

by KK from San Jose, CA on Sat Oct 06 2018

I got my new 2019 BMW X3 in 9/22, but the car has malfunction immediately after I drive out the dealership. We went to service center two times, but my X3 is still in the service center now (and last weekend). The technician has no idea how to fix the problem. After comparing with GLC and Q5, we decided to purchase the 2019 BMW X3 sdrive30i this Summer. Among all the local inventories near the CA bay area, we cannot find one we like. For example, none of them has the option of rear manual side window shades. Thus, we ordered a custom one with the executive package in 8/04. After 7 weeks, we finally got our new BMW X3 (only 3 miles) in 9/22. However, our nightmare begins. After I drive a few miles out of the dealership, the system shows TPM malfunction. I have to contact the dealer and scheduled the service last Friday (9/28). They notified me that my car is fixed and ready to pick up this Tuesday. Unfortunately, the TPM malfunction shows again this Wednesday. I have to return the car to the service center again. I thought the TPM malfunction should be easy to fix, but they still do not know how to fix the problem. What they did is just a simple reset. But, they even did not fully reset as the progress bar will always be stuck with no tire pressure results. They just simply thought the TPM malfunction message is gone! I messaged the service center, they told me that they already send the diagnostic message to BMW North America, but they have not got any reply and I have to wait until next week. I am trying call BMW hotline and customer relations this afternoon around 4 PM PST. No one answers the call. From 8/4 to now, I still cannot drive my new X3 with my family at the weekend after 9 weeks. This is really a frustrating experience. It is also very hard for me to send and pick the car over 50 miles away to the dealer during work days. I really doubt how BMW conduct the quality check. I will ask my friends to stay away from BMW if they really need a premium experience.

Just a dream to drive

by Critt5 from TX on Sun Sep 30 2018

Ask me to find something wrong w this car and I would have a ton of trouble doing it. It?s a dream to drive, sit in and own. Every aspect is well thought out. The only thing I?m not a fan of is that it has an actual gas cap... but really is that a big deal?!?! Not really! The pickup and ride is second to none.

Broke down with less than 2,000 miles

by wirewheel from Vero Beach, FL on Sat Oct 13 2018

We rented this almost new, (less than 1,500 miles), and the 2nd day that we had the car, it broke down and left us stranded. Totally unexpected! The engine will start and run, but no gauges, no power steering, no headlights. Must be some type of electrical glitch, No Good! When it ran this BMW drove well, but I would never buy one.

Does not recommend this car!!

Great looking and driving car

by Mr Bill from Irmo, South Carolina on Sun Jul 22 2018

This car has the great BMW handling and the options and standard features are all that you could ask for in a great car. It may not be the M40 but the pickup and driving feel are exceptional.

OMG, the M40i is amazing!!

by 2019 M40i from Springfield, VA on Mon Oct 01 2018

I am amazed by this BMW SAV. The M40i, with 355 hp on tap, will push you into the seat when you punch it or cruise all day at 70 mph plus with ease. If you want performance, go wiht the M40i over the standard X3 30i.

Very comfortable

by Olenka from Fort Lauderdale on Sat Aug 25 2018

This car is very quiet inside, I can finally talk on the phone and hear everything. Drives very smoothly.Easy to navigate between channels and callers. Love the interior but my dashboard screen is little bit to small for that car. Side mirrors are large enough to see but I wish it has right side camera to easier navigate on busy highway.

There is nothing like a BMW

by laurielou2 from New Orleans, LA on Wed Oct 17 2018

I profoundly regret not buying this vehicle when I was in the market. I test-drove it and learned exactly why BMW is called "the ultimate driving machine". Unfortunately I fell for shady sales tactics at another dealership, but I'd give anything to be able to go back and made the decision to purchase this vehicle. The drive, the technology, and the luxury are all you could ask for in a new car!

Beautiful car

by pat from San rafael on Fri Aug 24 2018

It is a great car. Very comfortable for long trips. We are having a great time with it and are happy we choose this over other luxury SUVs.

Good performance car

by Anil from CHARLOTTE on Wed Aug 15 2018

Car performance per expectat ions of bmw, but lacking luxury or even mainstream cars features which are pretty standard nowadays like remote start, keyless entry, adaptive cruise etc You have to pay attention to details. This is not a hassle f r ee shopping where you can assume.

Some poor engineering

by Brusco from Palm Springs, CA on Fri Nov 02 2018

Generally, it's a good vehicle. However attention to detail for a luxury vehicle is lacking. Minor interior noise is very annoying and whoever engineered the tow hook cover should be ashamed. My rear cover dropped of and was lost. Cost $50 to replace and not covered by the car's warranty. Dealer was rude and of no assistance. Buyer beware.

1 2 3