2020 BMW X3 consumer reviews

Explore the 2020 BMW X3
Shop the 2020 BMW X3
4.1

Nice Car with Strange Controls

The main issue I've had with this car is learning its vast number of controls, some of which are in strange places (such as at the end of the directional signal stalk) and are not clearly marked. The gearshift, for example, is counter-intuitive, and is moved backwards to go forwards, and vice versa-unlike most cars, it doesn't really move and fit into a slot for the appropriate gear. For no fathomable reason, the rear view camera stays on when you then drive forward. The warning system, for a car crossing or a person crossing, is unreliable; for example, if you have the car in reverse, the car hasn't moved yet, but a person walks behind the car, the warning signal does not sound--it only sounds if the car is already moving in reverse (if the pedestrian was walking right behind the car, you already hit him or her). There are also other "features" that make no sense. On the other hand, the car is fun to drive, reasonably powerful, attractive (I think--my wife disagrees), comfortable (except that one feels remarkably many bumps in the road), and quiet.

Reliable

Love the X3! Comfortable and pretty good on gas.., smoot ride and so far been great with commuting. Will most likely purchase the x5 for a little more space for traveling.

Sporty car

Meets my needs it is sporty, fast and comfortable and fun to drive. It handles well, the suspension is firm, it adjusts with the settings one chooses.

Absolutely LOVE this luxury SUV!

I've always driven sedans and was hesitant to test drive an SUV... until I found the X3. I'm obsessed with the luxury look, the wonderful and smooth drive and the attention to detail. Heated seats and steering wheel are amazing, the cameras are super helpful and I feel incredibly safe!

Smoothest Ride

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT. Luxury, smooth ride, and stylish. Only problem is the ride is so smooth you would be speeding and not know it. 🥴

My dream car

Luxury, power, looks, style. A car I fell in love with during a long trip to San Jose, CA. The safety features, performance, handling, efficiency, comfort and appearance makes it my dream car.

Best car ever

Easy to use, easy to drive has everything you ever thought of but not too much! Really comfortable and on top of it looks great!

Beautiful, reliable car that is fun to drive.

Nice tight handling with power. Handles extremely well. Technological options are amazing. Went with glacier silver and it is beautiful. Cannot wait to drive it again.

BMW X3 a great car

Car has all the tech you could ask for and it provides you with accurate timely information. Additionally is easy to setup to your needs and is easy to use. The car itself is very stylish and comfortable, and performs extremely well. Good performance and handling.

A great driving SUV

I loved driving this car. Traded a Porsche Macan GTS for it. It's a bit larger than the Porsche and drives as well to my mind. I liked the styling of the Porsche better, but the BMW is better for long drives and overall driving satisfaction, in my opinion. However, there are some nits: The OEM cargo tray is the worst material I have every seen. It comes rolled up in a box. Because it has a more plastic feel, it crinkles in the box, and the crinkles never go away. Also, it doesn't lay flat. Any warm day will curl the edges. I will say BMW refunded my money no questions asked. Also, at the bottom edge of each door is a drain hole that is, well, just funky looking. Finally, about 50% of the time the headlights stay on when you park. They don't go off unless you lock the car. I talked to BMW about this and they said, well, in Europe everyone locks their car. Ridiculous answer and design flaw. Overall, though, I think it's a great car to drive even if styling is only 4-star for me.