2000 Buick Park Avenue

awesome car, great used car value

by from Lansing, MI on August 31, 2007

I purchased this ultra with low mileage, it is the best auto I've owned and I've owned many over the years, new and used, foreign and american. Excellent gas mileage for such a large car. Only slightly less than my cramped 2dr 05 Grand Am GT. I hope to have this car for many years. It will be hard to replace. I hope to find another with low mileage when the time comes.

luxury and comfort

by from Lansing, MI on December 31, 2006

I've owned many cars over the years. The Ultra is at the top of the list for me. It is a wonderful auto and I am so pleased that it gets such good gas mileage for a big car just shy of 4k pounds. It will be hard to go to another vechicle especially if it isn't a Buick.

great value

by from Tulsa,OK on October 26, 2011

This is my first Buick, have only had for 2 days and I'm in love. I found myself so relaxed when driving, which is hard to believe since I struggle with anxiety.

great value

by from Warsaw, Indiana on March 12, 2011

I purchased a 2000 high mileage buick park avenue I have driven it for three years with very little to no trouble. This is a very comfortable design very roomy driver friendly. It is by far one of the best deals for my money I have ever came across I would reccomend this car to anyone.

Affordable Luxury

by from OH on December 13, 2009

Just a Great Car to drive out on the highway. Actual 29-30 Highway MPG and Oh So comfy ! Love those Tush Toasters !

Third one around

by from Del Norte, Co on December 12, 2012

The best used car money can buy..Great mileage and easily worked on by most every mechanic when necessary(which isn't very often).

best ever

by from Ocala, FL on August 8, 2015

I can't believe the way this car rides and still moves after 15 years and 113,000 miles! I guess I will own it for many, many more miles after reading the reviews! Thanks Buick for putting out a great American product!!

A car for years to come

by from Dothan, Alabama on September 27, 2013

I was lucky to find my car with only 29K miles, one owner, etc....had it for a year now, it has 39K now .....I tell people if i would have 10 Mil Dollars, and have the option to buy any car, i would still choose this one. It is a pleasure to drive it. I`m a large guy so the bench comes in helpful. IT purrs when on long trips. So quiet. It may sound crazy, but my wife loves it, too. I`m looking at another one as i write. If you find one,.....get it, you won`t regret it.

Find one and keep it.

by from Cincinnati, Oh on March 18, 2017

I've had my 2000 Park Avenue for 13 years, the previous owner being a little old lady who traded it in for a new Buick. Yes it's true, and in those years I've brought the odometer up to 140k. These are the last of the genuinely full sized Buicks, and no so called full sized car today matches its' dimensions. The exterior is understated and classy, the interior luxurious but not garish. The 3800 engine is absolutely bulletproof, one of Edmund's 10 best. Acceleration is good, handling better than it should be, braking quite good for a large sedan. The interior is very quiet, and driver's visibility is great, though the A pillar is a bit to wide. Instrumentation is thorough, but not overly complicated. Radio and thermostat controls on the steering wheel are very convenient. Basically, this car has all the luxury features you need, thankfully without the onerous excess of today's computer forward cars. How does it drive? Smooth as silk. The ride, is of course, Buick exceptional. On the highway, miles melt quietly away, and with the cruise control I've managed an average of 36mpg on several trips, though 32 is more likely. The 19 cubic foot trunk is easy to load and unload, and more than a match for a trip to Sam's Club. If you find a Park Avenue, especially from the original owner, it was almost certainly pampered and we'll maintained. These great cars are extremely well built and reliable, find one, buy one. Your brother and sister in law will want one, your older relatives will wax nostalgic, and your kids won't believe six adults can fit comfortably in a car.

High mileage, high reliability

by from Montrose, CO on July 8, 2010

3rd Buick Park Avenue I've owned. Much better handling and performance than expected for a GM road yacht. 260,000 plus miles, no major service. Mileage 30-33 average, goes over the Colorado passes at well over the legal speed limit. Tows small cars & toy trailers with no trouble.

Our Expert Review: 2000 Buick Park Avenue