2017 Cadillac Ats

All Reviews

by from Rochester, NY on April 20, 2017

Recently I accepted Cadillac's offer, as seen on their web site, to take one their cars on a 24 hour test drive. They offered four models for the trial ranging from the ATS, CTS, CT6 and XTS, I selected the ATS. Fresh from the Dealer inventory was a phantom grey ATS Luxury trim with all wheel drive , 2 liter turbo charged four cylinder engine coupled to a 8 speed automatic transmission. After a brief orientation from the sales consultant I headed out. Initial impression was that the vehicle felt firm from the suspension to the steering but this was in comparison to the SUV that I usually drive. After more time behind the wheel I became more appreciative of the ride and handling of the ATS. Moving along with rush hour traffic the ATS traveled comfortably, with good sight lines around the vehicle and powerful braking the evening commute was no problem. Getting out early the next day to take advantage of lightly traveled roads I drove the ATS along some familiar roads that allowed the ATS to demonstrate it sports sedan capabilities. Moving quickly into the curves the ATS was level and planted on the road and felt that I was no where near the limits of its abilities. Acceleration is very good with the turbo 4 providing enough power for any driving situation. On the highway the ATS is quiet and comfortable and holds the lane well without any upsets from cross winds or lane irregularity. The interior is nicely laid out with most controls within reach and easy to operate. Cadillac CUE system is not deserving of the criticism it receives, its controls are clear and respond quickly to input and voice command. Near the end of the test drive my family joined me for the ride back to the dealer. The five of us, three adults and two adult size children all fit comfortably into the ATS. Some of the comments from the back seat passengers was that they were surprised that it was more comfortable than one would have expected from a smaller sedan. Overall, I believe the ATS is a very well balanced vehicle, offering good looks, fuel economy, ride, handling and comfort.

by from Las Vegas on April 24, 2017

Mine is a 2014 ATS premium - I had owned 3 BMWs prior a 335i with sports package and pretty much loaded and two 535i the same deal. Was on my way to buy my four and stopped into the Caddy Dealer just for the heck of it to try out the ATS with a v-6. Did not think I was going to like it but read a lot about it. It blew me away. For the money and features I saved about 30 grand and got everything I wanted and the car is actually more comfy than the BMW. Its one of the most underrated cars around, which is good for you. Pick up a honey of a car at a great price!

by from Evans, GA on April 1, 2017

I never own a Cadillac and I am sold. I traded in a 2013 Mercedes C300 and I am glad that I did. The suspension and technology in this car is amazing. Also three years of tire rotations and oil changes isn't bad.

by from LOS ANGELES, CA on May 27, 2017

I HAVE OWNED A CADILLAC BEFORE BUT THE 2017 ATS COUPE IS FUN TO DRIVE AND IS THE BEST CAR THAT I HAVE EVER OWNED.

by from Pekin IL on December 8, 2017

Got the carbon black package on my new Caddy and this car is hot!!! It handles like it is on rails yet I got 31 mpg on the highways this week. I was very suprised everything you get on this vehicle for the price. The infotainment center is easy to use and the Bose system sounds amazing. If you are in the market for a luxury sport car go drive this ATS you will be pleasantly suprised like I was.

by from Daytona Beach, FL on July 3, 2017

My new 2017 Cadillac ATS sedan is sexy, sleek, comfortable, fast, and handles like a European gymnast.

by from Ohio on January 19, 2018

Best handling car I have owned. Has many features that I will not want to be without. Low speed cruise control is great. Love the turbo charged 4 cyl. engine with 26.5m mpg average. All wheel drive works great in this snow.

by from USA on February 28, 2018

I had a 2 year lease on a 2016 ATS AWD Luxury 2.0T. No problems. Two free oil changes and lease was over. ATS has more performance, cornering and braking than 99% of the cars on the road and drive rings around SUVs. I upgraded to a 2018 ATS 2.0T Luxury AWD. While I got the same car, there are unadvertised improvements. The headlights are better. Still halogen, but there is more light, deeper and wider. Maybe they are using better bulbs now. The rear camera is perfectly clear, so that appears to have a better camera. Steering seems tighter in Tour Mode. The ride seems smoother, as if the shocks are slightly softer or the runflats have been improved. Still has the same quick cornering. The doors close with a Cadillac thud, instead of the bang in my previous ATS. My 2018 is also faster than the 2016 and the 8-speed trans is better. Buy the latest year you can afford. If the car has Nav, it has the better Bose Centerpoint stereo. If you want seat adjustments, at least get the Luxury trim.

by from St. Petersburg, Fl. on March 7, 2017

I had a Mercedes prior to this Cadillac and was so disappointed with the vehicle. It was uncomfortable and always in the shop. The vehicle was not user friendly. I kept it for 6 awful years because I always purchase my vehicles. I have no idea how Mercedes stays in business based on my experience. The Cadillac is so refreshing. The vehicle is comfortable and easy to maneuver.

by from Hilham, TN on June 22, 2017

Having driven Sports Cars for most of my adult life I was not looking forward to moving on to a "Family Sedan" after retirement. I had researched Sports Sedans hoping to find one that filled the family sedan requirement while remaining fun to drive. After looking at BMW, Audi, Benz, and Jag, I test drove the 2017 Cadillac ATS Premium Performance and was hooked! Here was a small Luxury car that was not only a well sorted Sedan but a blast to drive on the twisty back roads. The seats were comfortable for the long ride but very supportive in the curves. The CUE system that all the "Reviews" complained about was actually easy for me to learn and operate either by touch or voice command (keep in mind that my kids call me "Electronically Challenged"). The fit and finish of the interior and the materials used were excellent and felt like a luxury car should feel. Exterior styling and fit and finish were sharp and modern and I love the Obsession Red Tintcoat! This was the Performance package so what about performance? This car was designed to be driven! The magnetic suspension and Brembo brakes allowed me to carve out the back roads near home faster, smoother, and with better control than with any sports car I've ever owned costing anywhere near the same. On the freeway, in Touring mode, the car is quiet, well mannered, and comfortable. Around town it is easy to park, gets along in traffic with ease, and provides a comfortable bubble for you until you can get out on the road again. The 3.6L V-6 engine and 8 speed automatic are efficient, averaging almost 30 MPG in mixed driving (and I have to admit I have a heavy foot) and on the freeway two cylinders cut out for even more efficiency ... BUT ... put your foot in it and you'd better be hanging on! In summary, this is a true driver's car, smooth and easy to drive, with great handling, plenty of power when you need it, fantastic styling, outstanding interior (I don't worry about a small back seat because I'll never be in it!), and, in my opinion, the best car for the money in its segment. I liked my test drive so well, I bought it!

Our Expert Review: 2017 Cadillac Ats