2017 ATS

2017 Cadillac ATS

2017 Cadillac ATS

Have You Driven the 2017 Cadillac ATS?

Cadillac ATS AWD 2T Luxury

by Skeptic57 from Rochester, NY on Thu Apr 20 2017

Recently I accepted Cadillac's offer, as seen on their web site, to take one their cars on a 24 hour test drive. They offered four models for the trial ranging from the ATS, CTS, CT6 and XTS, I selected the ATS. Fresh from the Dealer inventory was a phantom grey ATS Luxury trim with all wheel drive , 2 liter turbo charged four cylinder engine coupled to a 8 speed automatic transmission. After a brief orientation from the sales consultant I headed out. Initial impression was that the vehicle felt firm from the suspension to the steering but this was in comparison to the SUV that I usually drive. After more time behind the wheel I became more appreciative of the ride and handling of the ATS. Moving along with rush hour traffic the ATS traveled comfortably, with good sight lines around the vehicle and powerful braking the evening commute was no problem. Getting out early the next day to take advantage of lightly traveled roads I drove the ATS along some familiar roads that allowed the ATS to demonstrate it sports sedan capabilities. Moving quickly into the curves the ATS was level and planted on the road and felt that I was no where near the limits of its abilities. Acceleration is very good with the turbo 4 providing enough power for any driving situation. On the highway the ATS is quiet and comfortable and holds the lane well without any upsets from cross winds or lane irregularity. The interior is nicely laid out with most controls within reach and easy to operate. Cadillac CUE system is not deserving of the criticism it receives, its controls are clear and respond quickly to input and voice command. Near the end of the test drive my family joined me for the ride back to the dealer. The five of us, three adults and two adult size children all fit comfortably into the ATS. Some of the comments from the back seat passengers was that they were surprised that it was more comfortable than one would have expected from a smaller sedan. Overall, I believe the ATS is a very well balanced vehicle, offering good looks, fuel economy, ride, handling and comfort.

Best bang for luxury and sport

by Anthony from Las Vegas on Mon Apr 24 2017

Mine is a 2014 ATS premium - I had owned 3 BMWs prior a 335i with sports package and pretty much loaded and two 535i the same deal. Was on my way to buy my four and stopped into the Caddy Dealer just for the heck of it to try out the ATS with a v-6. Did not think I was going to like it but read a lot about it. It blew me away. For the money and features I saved about 30 grand and got everything I wanted and the car is actually more comfy than the BMW. Its one of the most underrated cars around, which is good for you. Pick up a honey of a car at a great price!

Made in the USA.

by userchico from Evans, GA on Sat Apr 01 2017

I never own a Cadillac and I am sold. I traded in a 2013 Mercedes C300 and I am glad that I did. The suspension and technology in this car is amazing. Also three years of tire rotations and oil changes isn't bad.

OUTSTANDING STYLING AND PERFORMANCE

by SKY KING from LOS ANGELES, CA on Sat May 27 2017

I HAVE OWNED A CADILLAC BEFORE BUT THE 2017 ATS COUPE IS FUN TO DRIVE AND IS THE BEST CAR THAT I HAVE EVER OWNED.

Not your typical old man's Cadillac!

by Doug from Daytona Beach, FL on Mon Jul 03 2017

My new 2017 Cadillac ATS sedan is sexy, sleek, comfortable, fast, and handles like a European gymnast.

This Cadillac Is A Headturner!!!

by Derek from Pekin IL on Fri Dec 08 2017

Got the carbon black package on my new Caddy and this car is hot!!! It handles like it is on rails yet I got 31 mpg on the highways this week. I was very suprised everything you get on this vehicle for the price. The infotainment center is easy to use and the Bose system sounds amazing. If you are in the market for a luxury sport car go drive this ATS you will be pleasantly suprised like I was.

Great car

by Terry from Ohio on Fri Jan 19 2018

Best handling car I have owned. Has many features that I will not want to be without. Low speed cruise control is great. Love the turbo charged 4 cyl. engine with 26.5m mpg average. All wheel drive works great in this snow.

Replaced 2016 ATS with 2018 ATS

by Art from USA on Wed Feb 28 2018

I had a 2 year lease on a 2016 ATS AWD Luxury 2.0T. No problems. Two free oil changes and lease was over. ATS has more performance, cornering and braking than 99% of the cars on the road and drive rings around SUVs. I upgraded to a 2018 ATS 2.0T Luxury AWD. While I got the same car, there are unadvertised improvements. The headlights are better. Still halogen, but there is more light, deeper and wider. Maybe they are using better bulbs now. The rear camera is perfectly clear, so that appears to have a better camera. Steering seems tighter in Tour Mode. The ride seems smoother, as if the shocks are slightly softer or the runflats have been improved. Still has the same quick cornering. The doors close with a Cadillac thud, instead of the bang in my previous ATS. My 2018 is also faster than the 2016 and the 8-speed trans is better. Buy the latest year you can afford. If the car has Nav, it has the better Bose Centerpoint stereo. If you want seat adjustments, at least get the Luxury trim.

My newest Cadillac

by Randy D from Waterford Ct. on Wed Mar 07 2018

I love this car! I have always owned a Cadillac and they have been very reliable and a comfort to drive and this new ATS is no different! Wonderful sporty car!

Great performance and style with reasonable price.

by Tom the car guy. from East Meadow, NY on Wed Apr 18 2018

This car gives me the performance I desire. I love sporty look of it . Cadillac still is a prestigious brand and I feel confident driving one.

1 2

Our Take on the 2017 Cadillac ATS

The verdict:

The 2017 Cadillac ATS is a fantastic-driving sports sedan right out of the box without having to add expensive performance packages.

Versus the competition:

The Cadillac ATS excels in the driving department but isn’t as roomy as its competitors.

Despite being on the older side of the class, the 2017 Cadillac ATS holds its own against more recently redesigned compact luxury sports sedans. I tested the ATS during Cars.com's Luxury Sports Sedan Challenge, in which we pitted the ATS 2.0L Turbo against the BMW 330i, Audi A4, Mercedes-Benz C300, Alfa Romeo Giulia, Jaguar XE and Lexus IS 200t. The ATS finished fourth, beating the BMW 3 Series and standing out in a few key areas.

Our 2.0L Turbo Luxury Coupe trim had rear-wheel drive and a new-for-2017 Carbon Black appearance package, which gave it the look of a mini ATS-V

How It Drives

During the Luxury Sports Sedan Challenge, the ATS Sedan was a favorite of mine both... Read More