2017 Cadillac Ats

Cadillac ATS AWD 2T Luxury

by from Rochester, NY on April 20, 2017

Recently I accepted Cadillac's offer, as seen on their web site, to take one their cars on a 24 hour test drive. They offered four models for the trial ranging from the ATS, CTS, CT6 and XTS, I selected the ATS. Fresh from the Dealer inventory was a phantom grey ATS Luxury trim with all wheel drive , 2 liter turbo charged four cylinder engine coupled to a 8 speed automatic transmission. After a brief orientation from the sales consultant I headed out. Initial impression was that the vehicle felt firm from the suspension to the steering but this was in comparison to the SUV that I usually drive. After more time behind the wheel I became more appreciative of the ride and handling of the ATS. Moving along with rush hour traffic the ATS traveled comfortably, with good sight lines around the vehicle and powerful braking the evening commute was no problem. Getting out early the next day to take advantage of lightly traveled roads I drove the ATS along some familiar roads that allowed the ATS to demonstrate it sports sedan capabilities. Moving quickly into the curves the ATS was level and planted on the road and felt that I was no where near the limits of its abilities. Acceleration is very good with the turbo 4 providing enough power for any driving situation. On the highway the ATS is quiet and comfortable and holds the lane well without any upsets from cross winds or lane irregularity. The interior is nicely laid out with most controls within reach and easy to operate. Cadillac CUE system is not deserving of the criticism it receives, its controls are clear and respond quickly to input and voice command. Near the end of the test drive my family joined me for the ride back to the dealer. The five of us, three adults and two adult size children all fit comfortably into the ATS. Some of the comments from the back seat passengers was that they were surprised that it was more comfortable than one would have expected from a smaller sedan. Overall, I believe the ATS is a very well balanced vehicle, offering good looks, fuel economy, ride, handling and comfort.

Made in the USA.

by from Evans, GA on April 1, 2017

I never own a Cadillac and I am sold. I traded in a 2013 Mercedes C300 and I am glad that I did. The suspension and technology in this car is amazing. Also three years of tire rotations and oil changes isn't bad.

Best bang for luxury and sport

by from Las Vegas on April 24, 2017

Mine is a 2014 ATS premium - I had owned 3 BMWs prior a 335i with sports package and pretty much loaded and two 535i the same deal. Was on my way to buy my four and stopped into the Caddy Dealer just for the heck of it to try out the ATS with a v-6. Did not think I was going to like it but read a lot about it. It blew me away. For the money and features I saved about 30 grand and got everything I wanted and the car is actually more comfy than the BMW. Its one of the most underrated cars around, which is good for you. Pick up a honey of a car at a great price!

Not your typical old man's Cadillac!

by from Daytona Beach, FL on July 3, 2017

My new 2017 Cadillac ATS sedan is sexy, sleek, comfortable, fast, and handles like a European gymnast.

OUTSTANDING STYLING AND PERFORMANCE

by from LOS ANGELES, CA on May 27, 2017

I HAVE OWNED A CADILLAC BEFORE BUT THE 2017 ATS COUPE IS FUN TO DRIVE AND IS THE BEST CAR THAT I HAVE EVER OWNED.

Cadillac Far Better than Mercedes

by from St. Petersburg, Fl. on March 7, 2017

I had a Mercedes prior to this Cadillac and was so disappointed with the vehicle. It was uncomfortable and always in the shop. The vehicle was not user friendly. I kept it for 6 awful years because I always purchase my vehicles. I have no idea how Mercedes stays in business based on my experience. The Cadillac is so refreshing. The vehicle is comfortable and easy to maneuver.

Best braking, good acceleration, great suspension

by from Washingon, DC on April 29, 2017

I drove AWDs of both the base model (2 liter turbo, 272-hp) and the more advanced 335-hp V-6 model with the latter - obviously - offering the expected (and impressive) increase in power. I was nevertheless pleasantly surprised by the base model as well, to which I refer here. The braking is probably the best in the category of small luxury sedans, more responsive than in comparable Audi or BMW models. Acceleration seems to lag a bit on the lower side of the torque. Most users will like a CUE infotainment system that I find over-designed and difficult to use (e.g., no knob available for volume control). Overall though, if long-term reliability data is comparable with other models in this category, the ATS can attract some users in this segment.

My second ATS love it

by from London Ontario on July 16, 2017

Suits my needs perfectly; peppy and comfortable; I can see my miniature Schnauzer loves it. Very happy with this purchase.

Love my car

by from Mogadore on October 7, 2017

Great car it rides great and the features are great still trying to figure all of them out the heated steering wheel used a few time is awesome

A Sports Car in Luxury Car Clothing

by from Hilham, TN on June 22, 2017

Having driven Sports Cars for most of my adult life I was not looking forward to moving on to a "Family Sedan" after retirement. I had researched Sports Sedans hoping to find one that filled the family sedan requirement while remaining fun to drive. After looking at BMW, Audi, Benz, and Jag, I test drove the 2017 Cadillac ATS Premium Performance and was hooked! Here was a small Luxury car that was not only a well sorted Sedan but a blast to drive on the twisty back roads. The seats were comfortable for the long ride but very supportive in the curves. The CUE system that all the "Reviews" complained about was actually easy for me to learn and operate either by touch or voice command (keep in mind that my kids call me "Electronically Challenged"). The fit and finish of the interior and the materials used were excellent and felt like a luxury car should feel. Exterior styling and fit and finish were sharp and modern and I love the Obsession Red Tintcoat! This was the Performance package so what about performance? This car was designed to be driven! The magnetic suspension and Brembo brakes allowed me to carve out the back roads near home faster, smoother, and with better control than with any sports car I've ever owned costing anywhere near the same. On the freeway, in Touring mode, the car is quiet, well mannered, and comfortable. Around town it is easy to park, gets along in traffic with ease, and provides a comfortable bubble for you until you can get out on the road again. The 3.6L V-6 engine and 8 speed automatic are efficient, averaging almost 30 MPG in mixed driving (and I have to admit I have a heavy foot) and on the freeway two cylinders cut out for even more efficiency ... BUT ... put your foot in it and you'd better be hanging on! In summary, this is a true driver's car, smooth and easy to drive, with great handling, plenty of power when you need it, fantastic styling, outstanding interior (I don't worry about a small back seat because I'll never be in it!), and, in my opinion, the best car for the money in its segment. I liked my test drive so well, I bought it!

Our Expert Review: 2017 Cadillac Ats