2005 Cadillac CTS Consumer Reviews

2005 Cadillac Cts
Average based on 26 reviews

Great car!

by from Somers Point ,NJ on April 28, 2011

This is the best car I have ever owned. I scored it average in comfort and good in interior design only because I am a larger than average size man, and this is a slightly compact car. I bought it used for a good price with 92K miles and have not experienced any reliability issues at all. The fact that it has so many miles on it and still performs at such a high level is impressive. It does consume oil, but not as much as some exaggerate and I expected it with a high compression engine (3.6 L V-6). About a quart once a month for me. It performs well in hazardous weather and I personally did not lose control over the vehicle this winter, despite the snow and ice storms here in South Jersey. Just press the winter weather button near the gear shifter and go. I have averaged about 22 miles a gallon, but closer to 28 while on longer highway trips. No need to press the performance button near the shifter as this car has plenty of power without the added fuel consumption. She will fly when you want her too!

Great American Quality Luxury Auto

by from Southeastern MA on January 21, 2007

My 2005 CTS 3.6L with Automatic transmission has simply been amazing. The dynamics of the car are astounding. The handling and acceleration are on par with the segment leaders and all this without sacrificing the ride quality people have come to expect from a Cadillac. The interior design is the only flaw this vehicle has, the layout is intuitive however it has some quality issues, the feel of the platiscs can be hard and not tactilly friendly depending on the placement. However the seats are a 9/10 and the comfort and reach of all the controls are perfect. I liken it to being inside the cockpit of an jet fighter. Exterior styling and look is amazing, it's unlike any other car on the road (except for another cadillac) I encourage anyone to take this American Luxury Sedan for a test drive and see for yourself how it stacks up against the best the Germans and Japanese have to offer.

luxury,comfortable,stylish

by from Harrisburg, PA on May 7, 2011

This car is definitely more than what I expected,just can't go wrong with a caddy.The look of the car, makes you just think comfort.

Not one downside

by from washington on November 3, 2010

I bought my 2005 CTS brand new. To date there has not been one problem at all. This car handles beautifully and is pretty quick if you get on it with sport shift mode. The quality of everything is basically what you would expect from Cadillac. Mine is black on black on black on black. Meaning black exterior. Black interior. Black wheels. Black lights. Makes it amazing to look at. Straight exhaust so now it sounds amazing. For the price I would highly recommend this car over anything of the same caliber.

One of the best bangs for your buck!

by from New Jersey on October 2, 2009

I recently purchased this vehicle and the WoW factor is in full affect! I havent totally engaged all of the features but from what I have seen this car is excellent... The 5.7L V-8 keeps you glued to your seat, and the fit finish and style makes people turn their heads every where that you go! The drawbacks to this vehicle are; The seats are comfortable but definately takes some getting used to, the navigation system is DVD rom based and the nav screen itself isn't touch screen, the gear box is a little tight that makes for akward shifting sometimes but does NOT interfere with the fun that you will have driving this car, and even though the gas mileage is better than most in its class its still something that you have to keep a sharp eye on because of the large displacement and ease and comfortability you can end up having this beast drink fuel like a lineback drinks gatordade... Other than that this car is an 11 on the scale of 1-10

The best of the best

by from plymouth meeting,pa on March 9, 2013

This car is great, every thing you would want in a car.Nothing rides like a cadillac. There is nothing like a drive in a cds.

BEST CAR EVER MADE

by from CHICAGO, IL on November 3, 2010

I LOVE MY 2004 CADI-CTS, IT VERY RELIABLE AND GETS A LOT OF ATTENTION, LUV EVERY THING ABOUT IT, THE HANDLING, THE LOOK AND THE GREATEST SOUND SYSTEM ( BOISE ).

Great American Car

by from Central,NJ on September 19, 2011

This is such a great overall car, makes me proud to drive American. I grew up driving German cars but was looking for something less expensive to maintain. This car handles great and is a lot peppier with the higher octane gas. I recommend getting the larger displacement engine which I don't have. I am very happy with the car and look forward to buying a newer model someday, although I prefer this body style.

A Real 4 door Sports Car

by from Arlington, Tx. on May 3, 2009

I've owned a few sports cars ( Datsun 280-Z & Toyota Supra ) and few sporty, fun cars ( Fiat, Honda, & Mazda ). To get sporty, fun & luxury all in one package is cool. My CTS has the 3.6 V6 w/ the sports suspension, 17" rims, & every option Cadillac offered, the nav system, Bose audio, sunroof, heated seats, even the rare fold down rear seats. This car is so much fun, I volunteer to drive on the weekends. A luxury sports sedan with style. My CTS is black on black.

2005 CTS V

by from Rapid City, SD on January 30, 2010

Great power. Handling is superb. Interior is very comfortable. What a stereo system. For the money I don't think you can get a better car.