2005 CTS

2005 Cadillac CTS

2005 Cadillac CTS

Have You Driven the 2005 Cadillac CTS?

Great car!

by Abundantly Blessed from Somers Point ,NJ on Thu Apr 28 2011

This is the best car I have ever owned. I scored it average in comfort and good in interior design only because I am a larger than average size man, and this is a slightly compact car. I bought it used for a good price with 92K miles and have not experienced any reliability issues at all. The fact that it has so many miles on it and still performs at such a high level is impressive. It does consume oil, but not as much as some exaggerate and I expected it with a high compression engine (3.6 L V-6). About a quart once a month for me. It performs well in hazardous weather and I personally did not lose control over the vehicle this winter, despite the snow and ice storms here in South Jersey. Just press the winter weather button near the gear shifter and go. I have averaged about 22 miles a gallon, but closer to 28 while on longer highway trips. No need to press the performance button near the shifter as this car has plenty of power without the added fuel consumption. She will fly when you want her too!

Great American Quality Luxury Auto

by M Peterson from Southeastern MA on Sun Jan 21 2007

My 2005 CTS 3.6L with Automatic transmission has simply been amazing. The dynamics of the car are astounding. The handling and acceleration are on par with the segment leaders and all this without sacrificing the ride quality people have come to expect from a Cadillac. The interior design is the only flaw this vehicle has, the layout is intuitive however it has some quality issues, the feel of the platiscs can be hard and not tactilly friendly depending on the placement. However the seats are a 9/10 and the comfort and reach of all the controls are perfect. I liken it to being inside the cockpit of an jet fighter. Exterior styling and look is amazing, it's unlike any other car on the road (except for another cadillac) I encourage anyone to take this American Luxury Sedan for a test drive and see for yourself how it stacks up against the best the Germans and Japanese have to offer.

Not one downside

by WEstWashCad from washington on Wed Nov 03 2010

I bought my 2005 CTS brand new. To date there has not been one problem at all. This car handles beautifully and is pretty quick if you get on it with sport shift mode. The quality of everything is basically what you would expect from Cadillac. Mine is black on black on black on black. Meaning black exterior. Black interior. Black wheels. Black lights. Makes it amazing to look at. Straight exhaust so now it sounds amazing. For the price I would highly recommend this car over anything of the same caliber.

A Real 4 door Sports Car

by GDB from Arlington, Tx. on Sun May 03 2009

I've owned a few sports cars ( Datsun 280-Z & Toyota Supra ) and few sporty, fun cars ( Fiat, Honda, & Mazda ). To get sporty, fun & luxury all in one package is cool. My CTS has the 3.6 V6 w/ the sports suspension, 17" rims, & every option Cadillac offered, the nav system, Bose audio, sunroof, heated seats, even the rare fold down rear seats. This car is so much fun, I volunteer to drive on the weekends. A luxury sports sedan with style. My CTS is black on black.

Style AND Substance!

by Motsie from Brunswick, GA on Tue Jul 24 2012

I bought this car new in 2005; it was good-looking and reasonably priced, and it beat the competition in nearly every category I used for comparison while shopping. 8 years and 130,000 miles later it's arguably still one of the best looking cars around (not counting the new CTS Coupe), still comfortable, relatively quiet, peppy and will turn on a dime. I've had NO mechanical problems, and only one electrical repair (which was my own fault). I'll buy another when it's time...

luxury,comfortable,stylish

by woody from Harrisburg, PA on Sat May 07 2011

This car is definitely more than what I expected,just can't go wrong with a caddy.The look of the car, makes you just think comfort.

2005 CTS V

by cosmoso4 from Rapid City, SD on Sat Jan 30 2010

Great power. Handling is superb. Interior is very comfortable. What a stereo system. For the money I don't think you can get a better car.

Worth Every Penny!!!

by CTS lover from Kansas on Tue Oct 25 2011

I've been driving a CTS on loan for about 5 months. I've always liked the way the CTS looks and its performance far outweighs design! I have not had any mechanical problems what-so-ever! Never heard a rattle or any kind of noise. The most I've done with this car is have the tires and oil changed. Besides the price of the synthetic oil this car is amazing! It has great "get up" and is very stylish. I do have to say replacements parts can be VERY pricey. The CTS I currently drive needs a taillight cover replaced and that was upwards of $500. I love this car so much I am looking to buy my own, no doubt!!

One of the best bangs for your buck!

by HansumD from New Jersey on Fri Oct 02 2009

I recently purchased this vehicle and the WoW factor is in full affect! I havent totally engaged all of the features but from what I have seen this car is excellent... The 5.7L V-8 keeps you glued to your seat, and the fit finish and style makes people turn their heads every where that you go! The drawbacks to this vehicle are; The seats are comfortable but definately takes some getting used to, the navigation system is DVD rom based and the nav screen itself isn't touch screen, the gear box is a little tight that makes for akward shifting sometimes but does NOT interfere with the fun that you will have driving this car, and even though the gas mileage is better than most in its class its still something that you have to keep a sharp eye on because of the large displacement and ease and comfortability you can end up having this beast drink fuel like a lineback drinks gatordade... Other than that this car is an 11 on the scale of 1-10

2005 Cts-V

by MC from Wyoming on Mon Apr 02 2012

Bought the car with 39k runs great had some codes pop up after the first thousand miles had the fuel filter changed has not came back yet. The pins that hold the bottom of the back bumper had all 3 fell out had to replace the. The ergonomics of the shifter position and cup holders are not exactly proper. But great car so far and comfy for our family of four. It does great in the snow with snow tires on and we have made it through a Wyoming winter.

1 2 3 4 5

Our Take on the 2005 Cadillac CTS

The Cadillac CTS-V is the first model to be developed by the General Motors Performance Division, an in-house center designed to create enthusiast-oriented versions of production models.

The CTS-V has some impressive hardware, including a 400-horsepower 5.7-liter V-8 engine, heavy-duty Brembo brakes, and 18-inch Goodyear performance run-flat tires.

We were a bit less than enthusiastic, however, about this hot-rod edition of Cadillac's entry-level sedan. We tested a $53,680 version with a single option -- a $1,200 sunroof.

SHE: So I'm at the beauty shop getting my hair highlighted and as I'm sitting under the dryer, I realize that I'm running out of time on the parking meter. So I scrounge around my... Read More