2002 DeVille

4.6 out of 5 starsInterior Design
4.4 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.1 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Most expensive car I almost own.

by DoeRod from Cedar Rapids, IA on October 31, 2011

The Cadillac DeVille 2002 is a very comfortable ride with it's seat warmers in the winter and the driver/passenger A/C control feature. Although putting in a plastic heater wasnt one of there more brighter ideas because they tend to melt and you are at the mercy of the heat or A/C to kick on depending if you hit a bump just right to get the now warped heating unit to turn itself on. The under suspension I'm not impressed with either.We purchased our Caddy in 2004 with 35,000 miles already on it. Now,6 years later we have reached 85,000, and most of the 50,000 miles we put on it were in town(pot holes,pot holes and oh did I say pot holes)Well it's time for maintnance. This summer we replaced the fromt and back breaks,and last week it was the front drivers side wheel bearing. They suggested we do both wheel bearings and then the struts at the same time. But this isnt do-able with the economy now. And we also had to replace all four window motors,one right after the other.UUHHGGGG! I think if I had to do it all over again I would have asked more about the economy cars or even the new electric cars too. Cadillacs are classy and comfortable. That is if your cadillac isnt empting your pockets with repair bills on top of the car loan you might already have.

Awesome! Take care of your car

by Celly Cell from Indianapolis,IN on May 12, 2009

I have read other reviews about Caddy's and problems with maintenance and the price of it. The problem is that you must be proactive with these vehicles. Regular maintenance is a must. I have had my 2002 Deville for 4 years now and it is still a head turner, rides like a dream and handles perfectly. If you take care of it it will take care of you.

No other vehicle more comfortable or safer

by Former Mercedes Owner from Virginia on December 22, 2008

The Cadillac Dealer Network offers you a tremendous peace of mind. The maintenance cost has been extremely reasonable. I have enjoyed this car to its fullest.

not reliable

by tramamama from kingston ny on August 6, 2015

I bought 2 of these for an anniversary a in 2010. Within the first several months of owning them, one needed a head gasket. The same car has a leaky trunk (like inches of water) that cannot be traced. The other car's rings and seals went, along with the catalytic converter, yearly. We finally got them paid off and saved enough to trade one in. Every month for 5 years we have had one or the other being repaired. Very expensive circumstances and very inconvenient.

Does not recommend this car!!

So far, so good

by Dean S from St Petersburg, Fl on March 31, 2014

I looked at a 2000 Cadillac Deville, and ended up with a 2002 Deville with lower miles. I than Fitzgerald for this as the vehicle that I was looking at in Lakeland Florida was not only a disgrace with a dash that was held up by "duck tape" but they try and take advantage of the consumer. It all worked out for the best.

most reliable and luxurious car I've ever owned

by Cadillac enthusiast from Ft. Worth TX on March 4, 2015

This is one fun car to own. This is my fourth Cadillac and by far the best. I found mine literally one step away from the junk yard. It had a good engine and that's about all. Over the course of two years, I have completely restored the deville to close to factory, using local wrecking yards to replace as many parts as I could, seats, electronic control modules, lights, fender,windshield, and various other things. I used local auto parts stores for important parts that needed to be new. Reputable mechanics did the serious repairs, and local mechanics and myself did the minor repairs. Well, it's been literally two weeks since the car has been out of the paint shop, (,final touch), and every person that I drive past gets caught looking! I've even had a car club invite me to join! Everyone from elderly church women, to office executives, to small children gives me compliments. The 02 deville is a relatively easy car to restore, thanks to GM making most of the parts clip or snap on or off. I've only had one other north star, 1994 deville concourse, and it never seemed to move so nimbly for a huge 4 door sedan. I also love the onboard diagnostics, which is what helped me fixing it. That's a lot better than giving a mechanic $ to tell you what is wrong with your car. I definitely plan on keeping this car

Very reliable and fun

by Josh S from New Hampshire on July 29, 2016

Bought this car a year ago with 200k. With the engin Running Great. Needed a little work. Ended up getting a new " throttle control valve and throttle positioning sensor" witch was super easy and cheap to replace. I did the WOT procedure sins the rings weren't fully settled and after that I could feel the full horsepower. Interiors great exteriors is great. Very comfortable for long travels and very spacious. Love the bench seat up front, big trunk, 12v outlets on both passenger doors and my most favorite design feature is the classic hood ornament. treat the car well the car will last a very long time. This is a great car and I fully recommend it!

Still a great car.

by ladycd from Southern Pines, NC on April 22, 2017

Bought it off the Showroom Floor. Have only 46,000 + miles on it. Clark tells me when it's due for service and always takes care of everything.

The strongest and most bueatifull car ever!

by M Brown from Manor Texas on April 12, 2018

It has been well maintained and serviced mostly at a Dealership. This car is the vogue edition and one of the most dependable with the north star motor which is one of the strongest ever made by Cadillac.

2002 Cad Devile the real big car

by mauckster from Wixom on November 11, 2017

It is a great luxury ride for the money. Great long term engine. Great for family vacations or dinner out with a group

1 2 3 4