2002 DeVille

2002 Cadillac DeVille

2002 Cadillac DeVille

4.4

4 out of 5 stars Reliability

Have You Driven the 2002 Cadillac DeVille?

Most expensive car I almost own.

by DoeRod from Cedar Rapids, IA on Mon Oct 31 2011

The Cadillac DeVille 2002 is a very comfortable ride with it's seat warmers in the winter and the driver/passenger A/C control feature. Although putting in a plastic heater wasnt one of there more brighter ideas because they tend to melt and you are at the mercy of the heat or A/C to kick on depending if you hit a bump just right to get the now warped heating unit to turn itself on. The under suspension I'm not impressed with either.We purchased our Caddy in 2004 with 35,000 miles already on it. Now,6 years later we have reached 85,000, and most of the 50,000 miles we put on it were in town(pot holes,pot holes and oh did I say pot holes)Well it's time for maintnance. This summer we replaced the fromt and back breaks,and last week it was the front drivers side wheel bearing. They suggested we do both wheel bearings and then the struts at the same time. But this isnt do-able with the economy now. And we also had to replace all four window motors,one right after the other.UUHHGGGG! I think if I had to do it all over again I would have asked more about the economy cars or even the new electric cars too. Cadillacs are classy and comfortable. That is if your cadillac isnt empting your pockets with repair bills on top of the car loan you might already have.

Awesome! Take care of your car

by Celly Cell from Indianapolis,IN on Tue May 12 2009

I have read other reviews about Caddy's and problems with maintenance and the price of it. The problem is that you must be proactive with these vehicles. Regular maintenance is a must. I have had my 2002 Deville for 4 years now and it is still a head turner, rides like a dream and handles perfectly. If you take care of it it will take care of you.

No other vehicle more comfortable or safer

by Former Mercedes Owner from Virginia on Mon Dec 22 2008

The Cadillac Dealer Network offers you a tremendous peace of mind. The maintenance cost has been extremely reasonable. I have enjoyed this car to its fullest.

not reliable

by tramamama from kingston ny on Thu Aug 06 2015

I bought 2 of these for an anniversary a in 2010. Within the first several months of owning them, one needed a head gasket. The same car has a leaky trunk (like inches of water) that cannot be traced. The other car's rings and seals went, along with the catalytic converter, yearly. We finally got them paid off and saved enough to trade one in. Every month for 5 years we have had one or the other being repaired. Very expensive circumstances and very inconvenient.

Does not recommend this car!!

most reliable and luxurious car I've ever owned

by Cadillac enthusiast from Ft. Worth TX on Wed Mar 04 2015

This is one fun car to own. This is my fourth Cadillac and by far the best. I found mine literally one step away from the junk yard. It had a good engine and that's about all. Over the course of two years, I have completely restored the deville to close to factory, using local wrecking yards to replace as many parts as I could, seats, electronic control modules, lights, fender,windshield, and various other things. I used local auto parts stores for important parts that needed to be new. Reputable mechanics did the serious repairs, and local mechanics and myself did the minor repairs. Well, it's been literally two weeks since the car has been out of the paint shop, (,final touch), and every person that I drive past gets caught looking! I've even had a car club invite me to join! Everyone from elderly church women, to office executives, to small children gives me compliments. The 02 deville is a relatively easy car to restore, thanks to GM making most of the parts clip or snap on or off. I've only had one other north star, 1994 deville concourse, and it never seemed to move so nimbly for a huge 4 door sedan. I also love the onboard diagnostics, which is what helped me fixing it. That's a lot better than giving a mechanic $ to tell you what is wrong with your car. I definitely plan on keeping this car

Very reliable and fun

by Josh S from New Hampshire on Fri Jul 29 2016

Bought this car a year ago with 200k. With the engin Running Great. Needed a little work. Ended up getting a new " throttle control valve and throttle positioning sensor" witch was super easy and cheap to replace. I did the WOT procedure sins the rings weren't fully settled and after that I could feel the full horsepower. Interiors great exteriors is great. Very comfortable for long travels and very spacious. Love the bench seat up front, big trunk, 12v outlets on both passenger doors and my most favorite design feature is the classic hood ornament. treat the car well the car will last a very long time. This is a great car and I fully recommend it!

The strongest and most bueatifull car ever!

by M Brown from Manor Texas on Thu Apr 12 2018

It has been well maintained and serviced mostly at a Dealership. This car is the vogue edition and one of the most dependable with the north star motor which is one of the strongest ever made by Cadillac.

2002 Cad Devile the real big car

by mauckster from Wixom on Sat Nov 11 2017

It is a great luxury ride for the money. Great long term engine. Great for family vacations or dinner out with a group

I absolutley love my caddy

by Cadduking from Long Island, New York on Tue Jun 12 2018

I love my caddy and as my first car, push it a little beyond its limits and modify it quite often. My base deville has thrown many obstacles my way, however I like a challenge. The reliability is terrible but I always fix my own cars and love the way this car performs. I bought my caddy used and in only a few months of ownership, I warn you that many things need to be fixed but the honor of owning a Cadillac is second to none. I recommend this car to anybody who is willing to tinker with their car on a daily basis and enjoy the amazing ride that this outstanding car provides for a cheap price.

Big Stew

by Big Stew from Hampton, Virginia on Fri Jul 07 2017

Excellent and reliable used vehicle for someone who is looking for a dependable an affordable used car.

1 2 3 4

Our Take on the 2002 Cadillac DeVille

Even the longest journey, it is said, starts with a single step.

Cadillac has taken that step, though admittedly a small one, by slipping past Acura into fourth place in luxury-car sales through July from fifth in May.

But the luxury-car maker still has to journey past BMW, Lexus and Mercedes-Benz to regain the top spot it last held in the 1998 calendar year.

It's still about 10,000 units behind Mercedes, but has closed the gap from about 25,000 units at the end of last year.

Credit the Escalade sport-utility and Escalade EXT sport-ute/truck as well as the CTS sedan for helping Cadillac gain sales momentum. Escalade sales are up 36 percent for the year, and CTS sales are up 134 percent from... Read More