2007 DTS

4.6 out of 5 starsInterior Design
4.3 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.3 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Big car comfort-Small car economy/performance

by Major from Idabel, Oklahoma on August 15, 2008

07' Quiet, comfortable, very responsive and I get 27.4mpg @ 65mph (cruise set). Instrumentation easy readout, driver oriented. No clutter, simplicity, but has all the bells and whistles. If you are looking for a great ride look no further. I will buy another one and recommend to all.

A Very Good Ride

by The "Ride" from Topeka on December 14, 2012

The DTS is very tough to beat when it comes to the "ride". While the interior design is great the smooth ride is the best. I rate "performance" good and not excellent because I am not getting the gas mileage I believed I would receive. But, 22 miles per gallon on the fullest of full sized cars isn't something to take strong objection to. Oh yes, and the price for these older Caddy's are right. Get one that has really been cared for and you'll have years of driving happiness.

Reliable / Confortable

by Car Guy from St Cloud MN on April 21, 2013

Great American car, Nearly 300 HP My MPG is lower than the previous Cadillac, I currently get 18.5 city and 26-28 highway, depends on how fast I drive, Not bad for a full size luxury car with a potent V8, I purchased this used with 30K on it, It was certified to 6/100 bumper to bumper warranty, Its been at the dealer 2 times in the 6 years a ball joint and head light, both covered under warranty, not bad car now has over 111K on it, My wife Loves this car she is spoiled her 2nd Cadillac and she wont drive anything else, We drover other cars and keep going back to Cadillac, a bit more money but not nearly as expensive and the repairs are not as costly.

Great Luxury Sedan

by Buckeye Guy from Phoenix, AZ on July 30, 2007

OK, I've owned a few different cars and trucks. This time round, I went for the 2007 Cadillac DTS with the Luxury 1 package. Good rebates, good price. Dealership treated me well. They say it's tailored to the older driver, well, I think GM has done a good thing here, and it also attracts the younger 30 something driver as well. It's not a boat any more - it oozes luxury as well as a surprising performance package. Handles well, I'm seeing 27MPG at 80MPH on the freeway - every day. Much better than my last vehicle, and this one is way nicer. Seats are very comfortable. My wife and son both love the car - in fact I think I'm in danger of losing it at times!!! Touch screen in front dash is a must. Great for XM, CD, Radio etc. Complaints - AC in seats is not very powerful - I live in Arizona. Come on guys, fix that problem.... Also, drivers seat is just a little bit too far from the door to rest your arm comfortably on the arm rest. Auxilliary 12V power - not enough accessible outlets. Figure cell phone, radar detector, plus one other, and I'm one of those smokers - need more outlets. Cup holders - can't hold a big gulp - and I don't want to stain the nice leather. Overall, great car. Next time, I'll get the best one available though with all the goodies.

07 Caddy DTS

by gazelle from Philadelphia on December 24, 2012

I have owned Caddys since 59 but this is the best by far. Comfortable, reliable and I get 21 mpg in town and 27 on the road.

The big cady

by Retired oceanfront at Hampton Beach from Hampton Beach, NH on March 4, 2011

I bought this car from a GM dealer when it was two years old with 31,000 miles. Just like new but half the cost. After reading the owners manual twice, I have figured out what some of the buttons do. There are some buttons I just don't touch. I activated the OnStar and love that feature. This car drives itself and is quiet and floats along - just what I like. Plenty of power - I have a light foot, so I get pretty good mileage. This car is loaded - and I LOVE IT.

Eye Opener!

by Coach B from Richmond, Indiana on April 12, 2011

If fuel economy is your ownly concern, discontinue looking at Cadillac. BUT, make no mistake, the Northstar V-8 does very well thank you! Our non-interstate driving averages 20-22 and at 75 mph on the "big road" we average 26 (take or give a couple of tenths). Like most Cadillacs, the ride is TREMENDOUSLY SMOOTH (we are not in to high speed cornering so can't talk about that) with plenty of room even for individuals such as myself who are a bit more "portly" than I should be. Interior detail is strong on quality and eye appealing. Flexability in using the heated & cooled seating (or both at the same time!) is a comfort feature no car should be without! Windshield and side window design allows for superior visibility - nice safety feature. We could go on but I think you get the picture. Yes, we purchased used (Certified) but honestly feel the quality in our DTS matches the midsized SUV models new we had been looking at. Do not make the mistake of overlooking Cadillac as a viable option. Finally, if more than one individual is to drive your Cadillac on a regular basis, make certain your unit has memory seats. What a wonderful feature!

comfort and style.

by Chev from Canada on December 12, 2011

Great ride, love the heated seats in the winter. Black is hard to keep clean but looks better then anything else when its clean. lots of positive reviews from neighbors and co workers. I would buy another.

Great satisfaction with my 2007 Cadillac DTS

by RhondaH from on September 8, 2017

I own an 07 Cadillac DTS and I would highly recommend it to anyone! We are the second owner of the car and we take good care of it, however, we have very few issues. When we purchased the DTS it had 30,000 miles and it now has 180,000 miles. I should trade it, but, I know it's history and I don't want to pay for a new or newer car! We had one major problem a head light would stop working - just occasionally! We bought the new balaces but it was difficult to install. We bought a new battery and it solved the headlight problem for probably two years. Then the headlights began randomly going out again so we bought the second battery. But still had issues so we had our personal mechanic install the new balaces. That was about two years ago and all is still well! At 100,000 miles the air conditioner stopped working and that cost $600 to replace. Other that that, the only other issue was at a out 175,000 miles I started it on day and it got hot! I was 2 miles from the Chevy garage and they replaced a thermostat for $350. So I am very happy with so many miles and do few problems!

Standard of the World

by Hartfordguy from Hartford, CT on November 3, 2010

The CTS may be getting all the attention in the press, but the DTS is still the big Daddy Caddy. Its' long wheelbase gives the most comfortable ride, yet still performs with plenty of power to move you along much faster than you expect. While the chassis may be dated, all the bugs have been worked out. The Northstar engine has a nice throaty purr. Standard bucket seats hold you in place nicely. A bench seat is a seldom seen option. Styling is unmistakably Cadillac and has a commanding presence on the highway. If the CTS is abit too tight for you, don't hesitate to drive a DTS. I did and I was sold right away.

1 2 3 4 5