2014 ELR

5 out of 5 stars Exterior Styling

Have You Driven the 2014 Cadillac ELR?

Art on wheels

by Illinois car guy from Central Illinois on Fri Nov 28 2014

Cadillac is relieving the price gripe by helping dealers sell inventory. Good move! The car itself is a sterling piece of design inside and out. The materials are the best. The first day I owned it I went to a shopping mall and found the car being admired when I returned to it. The mall even has a free charging station. Driving it is a smooth and quiet experience, more so than any other premium car I have owned. The Bose sound system is great when you want to break the silence. A buyer needs to recognize the car was not designed to haul kids to soccer practice. It is a refined adult experience.

Unique niche car

by Radiant Silver ELR in AZ from Phoenix, AZ on Sat Jul 12 2014

The ELR is designed and priced to be a low volume niche car...which is why I bought (leased) one. The car is very well put together, has a great handling nimble ride (even in Sport mode) for a 4k lb. car. The same bumps and dips in the road I live on are almost non existent compared to the 2013 CTS Coupe Perf. pkg. I used to drive. Overall, a very awesome car to drive everyday and right now I'm getting an average of 63.8 mpg with my right lead foot. Picked the car off a local Caddy showroom as the first in the Metro area. Still love the car after 4 mos. and get awestruck looks from passers by every time I'm out driving it. I love the uniqueness of it and don't care about the price. If you're hung up on the price then you don't understand the uniqueness of a niche luxury vehicle. It's an EV Caddy people!!!

Stylish Plug In, Little Fault to Find

by gpelite from on Sat Apr 29 2017

This is a great vehicle and the styling cues are top notch, most right off the concept car they built. I bought mine off lease with 4000 miles on it with a massive price reduction. I have to say it is a rare show stopper in my town, most people have no idea what it is and it is a great conversation starter. With my kona brown leather and a stylish interior wrapped in metal, wood, and carbon fiber notes it is one heck of a nice ride. Little gifts keep on giving back as the car become used more. Get the adaptive cruise models, it is a great tool on long trips. The comfort of driving and the infinitely adjustable seats are great for the long hauls as well. Even with charge depleted this thing is super easy on gas and I never cringe at the pump anymore. I literally keep saying to myself "wow, that's it for a full tank? Did it fill all the way?" The electric power is just such a gift to cover almost all of my commuter miles to work and around town during the weekend. More often than not the car needs me to let it perform maintenance to make sure the gas motor is good to run when I need it. I start with to 25 mile range in negative degree cold weather, 42 max in summers. Engine also kicks on as a battery management system to cool or heat the battery as it sees fit, this still annoys me a bit that I don't get to control this and it burns fuel. Also on the main engine, heat and AC. Use the heated steering wheel and seats to not use the engine, but once again the car overrides you in extreme temps to manage the battery pack. The worst part of this car is the blind spots, yes its that bad, even on the front. The A pillars due to new safety standards and the design of the car make it a tad dangerous to drive, but almost all new cars and trucks have these beefy pillars thanks to new roll over standards for manufactures. I hate this. You can pace/track a whole car and lose it in the A pillar never seeing it if you are going the same relative speed even with cross traffic, scares the heck out of me. Also, the useless rear seats, I would have rather had a larger battery pack or more cargo room, these seats are a joke. I might actually have a custom shop convert mine to more cargo room and delete them. I hate that everyone asks me about how anyone can fit there, then I need to explain how GM was not thinking. My software in the cue system has glitched a few times, but nothing major, I just take the lumps with the tech. Won't be able to update it much either, they retire their systems so fast. I wish I could have added more app support and video capability but it is what it is. Overall I love the car, but wish I had either more passenger room, more battery, or safer line of sight. The blind spot really messes with me, but overall the car and price was the best I could find for what I wanted. I assume the volt has the same line of sight issue, and I don't care as much for the volt either.

Great Upgrade for Volt Owners

by reciprocity from California on Wed Feb 26 2014

I'm really excited about the new ELR. Overall, I think they did about as much as they could to upgrade the Volt platform. I hope they're able to adjust the price down somewhat for next model year. A starting price of $50K would seem more in-line with what the car is.

Awesome

by Toledo from Toledo, Ohio on Mon Aug 11 2014

2400 miles and still have not visited a gas station, so convenient . Beautiful styling inside and out. Solid ride, no rattles or creaks of any kind. Engineering light years ahead of Tesla. It's not even close to a Volt, I had one. Drive one for a week, you won't want to give it up. No noise, no shifting, no turbo lag, just super smooth torque.

Buy one!

by MattBham from Birmingham, AL on Tue Apr 04 2017

The ELR is a great car for a single person or couple. It's fast, reliable, cheap to maintain, and it looks sexy moving or sitting still. I get compliments everywhere I go.

Great design and features

by JMC from Sacramento, CA on Wed Aug 30 2017

I have only owned this car about a month but I'm having a blast driving it. In the last month I've driven about 540 miles and only used 3 gallons of gas. The plug-in electric is fantastic and extremely efficient. This car turns heads everywhere we go and the safety features are top notch.

by ELR from Brownsburg, Indiana on Mon Apr 10 2017

Excellent car can't believe Cadillac isn't making them anymore. Great styling and I get compliments all the time.

I test drive it three times on different occasions

by Just-a-fan on Sat Aug 05 2017

The car's exterior attracted me. The test drive made like it. Today, I am purchasing one. Most importantly, I wanted a plug in, but the volt just wasn't doing it. The exterior design and quality interior it's just what was missing which the Cadillac ELR brought

Caddilac elr

by Cayd Batchelor from Patterson ga on Tue Aug 22 2017

Just bought this car the other day and it has by far been the best car I've ever owned or driven most comfortable car I've ever driven like ridding on a cloud gets amazing gas mileage and looks like a rolling piece of art. Definitely plan on driving for years to come

1 2 3

Our Take on the 2014 Cadillac ELR

Cadillac surprised the world with its beautiful ELR plug-in hybrid coupe, featuring knockout styling that turns heads and novel technology that opens wallets — but then it surprised the world again by pricing it out of consideration for anyone who'd likely buy one.

Three years after the arrival of the Chevrolet Volt, the 2014 Cadillac ELR is the only other car with General Motors' extended-range electric drivetrain. It's bigger than a Volt on the outside and uses many of the Volt's chassis and powertrain components, but that's where the similarities end. The two look, feel, ride and handle differently, so referring to the ELR as Cadillac's "Coupe de Volt" isn't entirely fair.

But Cadillac has... Read More