2008 SRX

4.5 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Great Car

by Family car from on July 30, 2010

My husband and I just bought our 2008 Cadillac SRX a month ago - probably the best purchase we've ever made. Very comfortable for tall people - my husband and I are over 6' tall. We love the handling and the comfort. We've had other vehicles, and kept looking at a variety of SUV's and this is one great car!

SRX Rules

by caddiefan52 from Baltimore, Md. on January 16, 2012

Had an Audi Allroad nearing extended warranty end. Fearful of cost of future repairs, and found SRX closest thing viable as replacement. Not sorry I got it, but has taken a month to accept the differences between German and American auto. On balance, I think the Caddie is the better choice for most consumers, because the same features that made the Audi shine made it a mantenance nightmare. Only nagging complaint is the lesser fuel economy, but at least it takes regular at the pump.

2008 Cadillac SRX AWD - Happy Owner

by Deke from Troy, MI on July 8, 2011

I am very pleased with my SRX. While I am not thrilled with the "station wagonesque" exterior, the performance, comfort, and feature set is a compelling package. The bottom line is that I love driving it. It was an easy choice between the SRX, Volvo, Lexus, Chevy, Ford and Volkswagen. Here's what I love: - Very good handling, acceleration and performance. The v6 has plenty of get up and go. No problems passing on the highway. A lot of fun in corners. - Utra View moon roof adds a lot of light to the cabin - and the kids love it - Good visibility. It doesn't have the "high-belt line" rampant in 2011+ vehicles. All that does is make the kids car sick and reduce visibility - Handsome interior Here's what you shoud be aware of: - The front and rear wheels are different widths. I'm the kind of guy that gets snow tires and it appears to be a challenge to match tires to this vehicle - The seats are very performance oriented. They are much more stiff then the Ford Flex for example. As such, it took me a long time to find a comfortable seating position. Overall, I think you will be very pleased. It drives much better than the new generation SRX.

Best Car I've Ever Owned

by Car Lover from North Palm Beach, FL on June 9, 2010

The SRX has far surpassed all of our expectations. We bought it for my wife but we continuously fight over who gets to drive it. Ours has all the options including V8, AWD, sport appearance package, 20" wheels, ultraview roof, 3rd row seat, navigation, DVD player and I recommend every one of them. The car is super fast, it handles like a sports sedan and the interior is awesome. My boss recently bought a $70K Porshe Cayanne and after driving our SRX he was clearly disturbed at what a great value it is. Not sure why this model didn't sell better but it is sure worth a look. Only complaint is poor gas mileage but you get where your going fast and in style.

Extremely Safe Car

by Palm Bay Carl from Palm Bay on November 25, 2013

We bought our 2008 SRX in 2011 and loved everything about it. Interior was "Cadillac" all the way. Performance was good. Had to replace tires and battery during the time we owned it. In October 2012, while driving on the Howard Franklin Bridge in Tampa, our SRX hit a solid block of nickel that dropped from a car ahead of us and caused our SRX to swerve towards the bridge wall. Our car hit the wall head on, spun around about 3X and miraculously stopped in the same direction of the traffic and on the emergency lane. All airbags deployed. The SRX was deemed "Totalled" even though externally it looked like there was no damage except for the spot where the block of nickel lodged on the bumper. The block damaged the frame. None of the passengers had any serious injury. My wife and my daughter both had a minor whiplash and I was fine. Hard to believe we survived that but the SRX kept us safe. Probably would have been most severe if in any other vehicle. Thank God for the SRX. We're buying another. I recommend it for those looking for safety.

2008 Cadillac SRX AWD

by GeneW from Seattle, WA on March 2, 2010

I recently purchased a used Red 2008 SRX Sport Edition, Navagation, Sunroof etc. with 12,000 miles on it. I bought it in Sparta, WI. on the internet and drove it back to Seattle, WA. by way of Phoenix, Az., the car performed flawlessy and was a most comfortable ride.

Comfort, spacious, reliable

by Harold from Henderson, NV on June 8, 2011

I have owned this vehicle 2.5 years and have never had a problem nor a complaint, It is an especially comfortable and perfect highway traveller. It holds a lot of luggage. It is easy to drive and handle in traffic. I would definitely recommend this vehicle.

High milage Cadillac

by maitoi99 from Blair Nebr on December 30, 2012

....even with the higher mileage I am excited by the condition of the exterior and interior. Both areas are new quality to look at and sit in, and all accessories are in working order giving the vehicle a new look and feeling like a new purchase. Like the all whee drive in the weather we live in, snow,ice, you name it Very reliable .l

Best Handling SUV

by Retired Auto Guy from The Villages, Florida on June 22, 2007

I drove through winding, twisting hilly backroads with a full load of luggage and the cxarr handled like it was on rails. None of the leaning found in most SUV's. The car is extremely comfortable to drive for long stretches. The Turn-By-Turn navigation through Onstar is wonderful.

Finally found what I wanted

by Off my bucket list from Hartland, Michigan on May 6, 2014

I had been looking for a 2007 - 2009 SRX with a specific set of options for several months to drive for many years as an item to check off my bucket list. Cars.com was very helpful in finding what I wanted. I found a 2008 with 59,000 miles V6, RWD, Sport package, no sunroof and no third row seat. I wanted 20" wheels but settled for 18" to get everything else I wanted or did not want. It was a one owner trade-in. I love the styling with the sport package and the newer interior(07-09) looks great too. The car was very comfortable on the ride back to Michigan from Florida and we got good fuel economy even with a bike rack. It is a little early for me to report on reliability but most everything is working properly now.

1 2 3 4