2008 STS

2008 Cadillac STS

2008 Cadillac STS

Have You Driven the 2008 Cadillac STS?

Cadillac Style, Luxury and Performance

by Speedle from Virginia Beach, VA on Sat Aug 22 2009

We lucked out and purchased this STS for my wife during the GM employee pricing of 2008. Best deal I ever got on a loaded new car. The fit and finish on this car is impressive. When you sit inside this STS and look around at the wood, hand stitched leather and well organized control panels, you know you are in a premium luxury car. My wife loves the white diamond paint. The 302hp V6 gets great gas mileage in town and on the road. The STS is comfortable and quiet and a pleasure to drive. We are retired and use this car for our many road trips. The numerous features include keyless entry, remote starting, lane departure, blind spot warning, heated and cooled leather seats, turn-by-turn navigation and a 15 speaker sound system. The only problem has been that the lane departure module had to be replaced at 500 miles. Also, the back seat is a little cramped for some people.

Dream Car

by Prateria from Tucson, AZ on Tue Jan 19 2010

Bought the Cad STS V8 as a rental buyback with 10K miles. It has operated flawlessly ever since... 18 months now. All the power I could want, and the response when needed is awesome! Could never have afforded it if it wasn't bought during the $4.00 per gallon era. Milage has been great, about 26/27 mpg highway...and that's going the speed limit. I couldn't be more happier.

Wow!!

by Cadillac Enthusiast from Richmond, California on Thu Oct 20 2011

The 2008 model STS is a great car! I absolutely love it! I was a bit disappointed with the faint road noise and the voice recognition navigation system but the overall driving experience definitely competes with higher priced imports.

Best Value In Used Car

by STS Lover from Macon, GA on Thu Oct 28 2010

Purchased this vehicle after it came off a two year lease. A retired individual leased this car and it only had 5,350 miles on it and being two years old. This car still smells brand new. I previously had a 2000 STS with the V8 Northstar and was a bit concerned the V6 would not be as stgrong as I liked. Although the Northstar would leave the V6 in the dust, I was pleasantly surprised at how much pickup and top end speed the V6 has. This vehicle has the Platinum package and the upgraded leather, wood and carpet is very nice. Overall I am very pleased with the 2008 STS. Caddy continues to make a series of excellent vehicles.

Fantastic Luxury Car

by Bictrolia from Minnesota on Sun Jul 27 2008

Love this car...my husband bought it for my birthday replacing my Audi A4 which I loved. This car handles so smoothly, very comfortable ride. A great luxury vehicle. It has great features, all the bells and whistles you'd ever want!

Great value for the money

by Beva53 from Newtown CT on Fri Oct 21 2011

This is my second STS. The first had the V8 and this has the V6. The V8 is much more poweful and refined then the V6. The V6 is noisy when cold and idles high when the car is first started. I have driven the car for 3500 miles and I have averaged 25.4 MPG on regular gas. On the highway I am doing better then 29 on trips. The V8 was 19.4 MPG over 42k miles. The bottom line is that it is a good car and because they depreciate so fast, the value is terrific. If you can buy it from a Cadillac dealership get it "Certified". It is worth every penny. Obviously I like the car otherwise I wouldn't have bought a second. My kids love borrowing it every opprtunity they have.

Love My STS

by Stingray momo from Arizona on Wed Mar 17 2010

I got the STS a few months ago and have enjoyed driving it. I had a Lexus before and I believe I got more for my money with the Cadillac.

Cadillac got it right.

by I dream of Cadillacs' from on Fri Oct 29 2010

I have yet to find the year and model of my vehicle for cheaper price. The ride is smooth and the vehicle is defiantly a head turner.

Best Cadillac I have owned

by N/A from Olive Branch, MS on Mon Apr 11 2011

I have driven Cadillacs for 30+ years. I owned a 1996 Eldorado for 13 years and parted with it reluctantly - until I drove the STS. It is responsive and easy to drive. Fast enough to satisfy me - and potentially get me into trouble.

STS v-8

by Joe in Florida from Northwest Florida on Fri Mar 04 2011

The car I bought 3 months ago has 18 in wheels and which could include beefed up springs and shocks as it rides a little rough. The bumps dont come through so bad but you can definately here them. So far I love the car and havnt had any problems. Gets about 24-25 on the hwy. Recommened is premium but I use mid grade: however, manual states that you can use regular. Sharp looking car and there is not much exterior change for 2011. V8 was discontinued for 2011.

1 2 3 4 5

Our Take on the 2008 Cadillac STS

With its exterior, feature and engine upgrades, the 2008 Cadillac STS may make some car buyers think this midsize sedan is one of the automaker's latest and greatest — something in the vein of the redesigned CTS sedan or Escalade SUV.

That could have been the case, were it not for the interior. This is the Cadillac of three or four years ago: weighty doors and cushy leather, but too many shoddy finishes and some embarrassingly confusing buttons. It's a shame, because the driving experience reflects Cadillacs of today: capable yet comfortable. Your opinion will likely depend on what's more important to you.

The STS is Cadillac's midsize sedan; it competes with cars like the BMW 5 Series, Infiniti... Read More