Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2014 XTS

2014 Cadillac XTS

2014 Cadillac XTS

Have You Driven the 2014 Cadillac XTS?

A great car

by Andromeda from Kingwood, Texas on Fri Aug 29 2014

I had purchased a earlier year CTS model and was not pleased with the trunk space, the hard ride or the back sear leg room as well as the features. After one year I decided to trade the CTS for the XTS which is more like the past DTS and Deville models I had owned. The features are wonderful, fully equipped and the ride is superior to the CTS. I like everything about the car, average mileage is 22.8 mpg at approx. 8000 miles, better than the CTS was getting. If its in your price range, test drive one and you will want to buy one.

The "Car Of A Lifetime"

by FATCADDY from West Hempstead, NY on Tue Nov 25 2014

So much to write about - virtually everything positive. I could not believe my XTS Premium was priced similarly to a CTS. there really is no comparison in my mind. The XTS is roomier & smoother than any CTS. I avoided driving the XTS Twin-Turbo only beause I would have put myself in a $70,000 hole. The one I leased has every feature imaginable and some you've never imagined. Appearance-wise it kind of looks like a large Acura TL, only more elegant. The door handles, rear tailights, front lights and mirrors all light up at night when you pop the door locks. The inerior doors, dashboad and door handles all include illuminated "light-bars" - dring this thing at night is an unforgettable experience. The ride on this car is OUTSTANDING - BETTER than my uncle's 1973 Sedan DeVille (which really WAS the Standard Of The World). Performace is excellent for a car of this weight. It will never outrun my SRT8 Charger - but that's not why I picked this car. On the highway this car is as capable as any car on the road - it's smooth, powerful, and agile. The ergomonics ar a little difficult at first until you become accustomed to sliding your finger across the contrls rather than pressing down on buttons. Bluetooth automatically connects to your cell phone and you play any stored music thought the car's Bose stereo system. In fact - when you restart the car - the car re-links to your phone and remembers the last song you played - Automatically - you don't have to a thing. Heated seats, air-conditiioned seats, full-panorama sunroof, 19" wheels.... The list goes on and on. If you're like me and bust your tail for EVERYONE ELSE ON THIS PLANET - you owe this one to YOURSELF.

Finally the right year XTS

by jtawindows from Nashville on Thu Mar 06 2014

I had a 2013 XTS that rattled all over especially the dash. I traded for the 2014 and could not be happier. The dealer did try to fix three times but could not. This proves you should never buy the first year of a new design.

2014 XTS

by Big B from Metairie LA on Tue May 12 2015

Im not sure what the detractors are talking about with this car. I love it! I used to own a GMC Yukon XL Denali thought that it was luxury. This my friends is luxury and a pleasure to drive. It handles the road great and has great eye appeal. While doing comparisons I found this to be the best value of the E-Class, and the 5 Series BMW. Im a former football player. Im 6'3" and about 275lbs. I found this car to be the most comfortable with more than ample leg and headroom. What I notice was that the ride has changed. I was expecting the old Cadillac floating ride. That part has changed, while it handles the road with grace you can definitely feel the bumps. Other than that its great. It handles like a sports car, and has the look of pure class. It also has the best warranty in its class. I originally went to purchase a CTS but when sitting in the vehicle I felt very cramped. I do like the sporty look of the CTS, I could not deal with the cramped quarters. Do yourself a favor and check this car for yourself and then form your own opinion. You'll be glad you did.

Top of the line large American luxury

by jayinatlanta from Atlanta, GA on Fri Sep 19 2014

The Cadillac XTS sets the benchmark for a large American luxury sedan in many ways. Its back seat legroom is best-in-class. Its trunk space is outstanding. Its front seats feel like a shiatsu massage (though they apparently may pinch larger owners than my wife and me). Its top-line available safety features and heads-up display also lead the pack. The performance of the XTS is very good for the gas mileage it attains. Even on base-models, there's a capable magnetic-ride suspension which delivers a luxurious ride but lets you feel that the road is still there. There's a Camaro engine under the hood with over 300 HP and yet nearly 30 MHG highway. If you're like me, you'll enjoy the paddle shifters, which deliver quite a good response without harsh shifts (except from 2nd to 1st for aggressive engine braking). Further, for a large car, the XTS feels like a "driver's car," tracking well in moderately hard turns and demanding subtle inputs at high speeds. To complete the performance available even on the base models, the car has Brembo brakes, and you'll notice them; its stopping power is extraordinary for its weight (see for yourself against the German and Asian competition in any published comparison test). And finally, there's CUE and natural voice recognition. If you spend a few minutes understanding what Cadillac has accomplished here, you'll appreciate the options you've been given to control every facet of your entertainment and comfort experience in the car. The XTS doesn't get near enough recognition for being a beautiful, luxurious, and satisfying car for an individual, couple or family that likes to live large. Anyone considering such a car would be advised to take a close look at the minor negatives being parroted by the automotive press and think for themselves.

wife's learning about engines

by sumi2459 from cape may NJ on Wed Jan 29 2014

Finally my wife and I agreed on a vehicle we both liked after 32 yrs. It turned out to be a 2014 xts Luxury Cadillac white diamond tricoat in color with a 3.6L V6 Engine Turbo. We get about 19 mpg city 30 mph highway I'm no mechanic but I know a little about auto repairs since we purchased this car my wife can can tell me everything from tire size to what a turbo engine means anyway I highly recommend this vehicle.

Awesome Car

by Bruce H from Glen Allen, VA on Tue May 16 2017

Total Luxury. You cannot not love this car. Quiet and smooth. I plan on buying another for my wife. Great.

Never will buy cadillac again

by jme617 from Boston, MA on Wed Aug 23 2017

I have owned this car for just about 3 years now. I have the platinum (top of the line) model. I have replaced 2 wheel bearings, my glove box doesn't open, my adaptive cruise control doesn't work, and my headlight auto level function is defective and turns on a light in the dash. The car is made up of 28 independent computers, and while esthetically they are beautiful cars, mechanically they are a hunk of junk. On some of the lower models I have been told there were motor issues where the car would need a new top end, and all of them have issues with both the wheel bearings and the glove box. SHAME ON YOU CADILLAC! I expect more from a $62,000 car!

Does not recommend this car!!

Hard to find a better vehicle for the money!

by Lee R. from Hampton, NH on Wed Jun 11 2014

Cadillac's have been in my family for 3 generations and I just purchased the XTS and this by far is the best car Cadillac has designed and Manufactured. I highly recommend this car! take one for a test ride and you'll see what I mean, It will sell itself!

Runs fine ...expected a better ride

by Elgee from Staten Island NY on Fri Jun 30 2017

Unbeleiveable on how much the car is worth... the value of this car goes down in price TOO FAST! If u want to trade it in.... it's a laugh what a dealer will offer you

1 2 3 4

Our Take on the 2014 Cadillac XTS

With its new twin-turbo V-6 engine, the 2014 Cadillac XTS Vsport boasts a compelling blend of performance and luxury that's diminished by a too-firm ride.

The XTS is the largest car in Cadillac's lineup. It's also the only one based on a front-wheel-drive platform, though all-wheel drive is available. The biggest change for 2014 is the newly available 410-horsepower, twin-turbo V-6, but the car also gains more features, like rear entertainment and a self-parking system. To see the 2013 and 2014 versions compared, click here.

Primary competitors include the Acura RLX, Lincoln MKS and Volvo S80 (see them compared), but well-equipped XTS models also compete against cars from Audi, Infiniti and Lexus. The... Read More