2005 Chevrolet Avalanche

The Most Versalile Pickup Ever Invented

by from Southeast WI on June 14, 2017

Smooth riding and quiet. It takes only seconds to convert it to being able to haul 4'x8' sheets, or 8' (or even 10') boards with the tailgate closed! Yet, it's not as long as most pickups, so it's easier to handle. There are so many design features on the Avalanche that are actually useful that it makes you wonder what some designers are thinking on other vehicles! Simple things like well-designed cup holders that securely hold different sizes, sensible places for things like pens and cell phones, and dash controls that are intuitive. You can't leave ANY light on to drain the battery...the vehicle will shut any of them off automatically - and that was on my 2005. And of course, there's only one Avalanche design, very cool and unique... sorry but the Honda Ridgeline is a pale comparison - both in design and power.

All purpose beast

by from on May 2, 2017

This car never ceases to fail me. Truck with 4wd, strong engine, adjustable to any lifestyle, and a sporty but tough look. Despite the year, it is a truck that still turns heads.

Hard Plastic

by from South Hero, VT on August 18, 2014

I have a 2005 Chevy Avalanche LT 2500, love the truck it has the hard plastic all around. After awhile the plastic fades to a grayish color. I used a heat gun (4 hours) and it turned the light gray/gray to the factor black. No damage and it doesn't loose the texture.

Very happy so far

by from Grand Haven, MI on July 17, 2014

I recently purchased a 2005 Avalanche from Preferred in Grand Haven. This is our second vehicle we've purchased from Campbell Stephenson. He's an honest, standup salesman and I would highly recommend him. Thanks Campbell! The truck doesn't have the large grey plastic on the sides. It's a great looking truck and drives beautiful. The interior is great and the instruments are easy to follow. It has great room in the back seats as well. I'm very pleased so far!

2005 Avalanche

by from Sherwood, Or on March 30, 2014

I purchased this vehicle in 2005 and traded in my 2001 Chevy Silverado king cab for this larger, more comfortable truck as my children grew into their teenage years. I use the vehicle for long trips, hauling, and the occasional run around town and I can honestly say it is as comfortable as my wife's Mercedes (ride, low road noise, seat comfort) and it has absolutely never left me and my family stranded on the long trips. I have only ever had one issue with the vehicle and had to replace a chip that made my display panel show an error. Once the chip was changed I've never seen the issue again (around 75,000 miles). I now have 105,000 miles on the truck and it remains as comfortable, quite and reliable and shows no signs of breaking down or giving me trouble of any kind. I have done all recommended service but all vehicles require that! In my opinion Chevy/ GM did an outstanding job on this vehicle.

Comfortable Workhorse

by from NJ shore on July 18, 2013

I needed a vehicle that could tow a boat, haul all sorts of junque and make the wife happy as she moves the grand kids around. The Avalanche fit the bill. A little more of a gas guzzler that I would like but the ability to act as a 1/4 ton pickup and a sedan more than makes up for that. The interior is designed well and fits both me at 5' 10" and my 5' 2" wife. Controls are well placed and easy to understand. The ride is better than most sedans and holds the road well. This is one nice vehicle.

Best truck ever

by from Long beach ca on May 18, 2012

Loved my truck did everything I asked and more. I put 194,000 miles on my truck before it died and I'm buying another one.

All in one!

by from New Palestine, IN on March 28, 2012

This is the most versatile and best vehicle I have ever owned!!!!! I van haul all 5 members of my family and also a load of lumber if I need!

Ate transmission with only 67k

by from Triad, NC on January 10, 2012

Great truck at first, but at a high cost to maintain and of course drive but i expected a lot more for the high gas and maintainance cost.....the brakes are choppy and it ate a transmission with no warning with only 67000 miles on the odometer. Can anyone say JUNK

Banks Power

by from Glen Carbon, Il on April 6, 2011

This truck is equipped with a Banks Power Pak and flowmaster exhaust. This picks performance up to a great level. The hp rating would be around 360 with the addition not to mention additional torque. Great looking truck