2005 Aveo

2005 Chevrolet Aveo

2005 Chevrolet Aveo

3.4

Have You Driven the 2005 Chevrolet Aveo?

small , but reliable and cheap to own

by 63 falcon guy from Millville, NJ on Wed May 04 2011

I have 78K miles on my '05 Aveo, and drive to work 65 miles round trip a day. I do all my own work and other than one set of tires at 40k have done nothing but gas and oil changes. I keep checking the brakes, but they look and work fine! I did change the trans fluid at 50k. It is a little tight inside if you're 6' tall, and dont expect sportscar acceleration with the 1.6L engine. However, you will be rewarded with as high as 38mpg on a long trip. The car gets over 30mpg always, averaging around 33mpg per tank with A/C on and auto trans!

AVEO MEANS JUNK

by birdman from GREECE on Tue May 11 2010

IN THE LAST MONTH I HAVE HAD IT TOWED TWICE. THE SERPINTINE BROKE ALONG WITH THE PULLEY SYSTEM.200 BUCKS. THE THERMOSTAT HOUSING WENT.MADE OF PLASTIC.200 BUCKS. OXYGEN SENSOR REPLACEMENT.300 BUCKS. I'M LOOKING FOR A GEO METRO CONV.

2005 aveo owner

by 2005 aveo owner from ottawa, on Canada on Wed Oct 06 2010

fit and finish... 1. drivers side door lock dislodged and fell inside the door. 2. a/c/heater fan motor very loud. 3. many squeeks, rattles while driving.

I love my car

by Shirley is my cars name from Dover, TN on Thu Jun 23 2011

I've had my Aveo since it had 14 miles on it. This car handles curves excellent, great gas mileage, and more room than it looks. The backseats lay down, which is really good when you don't have a truck. I've used my car to move and it held more than I expected it too. I totally recommend this car to anyone that is looking for a dependable, good on gas mileage, and that's a sharp looking vehicle.

It's ok

by Sis from Norfolk,Va on Thu Oct 30 2014

it was ok, purchase the Aveo in 05 new, started given me trouble about 5 months ago.started with something simple, I thought, they keep it for a week and said it was something else, drove it for 2 days after repair and it cut off been having problems every since, have only 32,000 miles, now they are telling me I need a engine. right now I'm very disappoint in the service, took my car for it's regular service, now I fell if someone have dropped the ball, the tech knew more was wrong when they first started working on it.

Lemon

by dissapointed chevy owner from Laramie, wy on Wed Jan 10 2007

this was the first new car I have bought and so far it has been the worst car I have ever owned, the windsheild was installed incorrectly and cracked the 3rd day I owned it, the factory forgot to install a bolt on the rear engine mount causing it to break at about 8,000 miles, engine has a very loud valvetrain, struts started leaking in the first few weeks I owned it, the power steering pump makes a very loud noise when its cold, tire alignment will not stay aligned so tires wear out quickly, gas tank release does not function and so far chevy has not stood behind anything for warranty,

Very good car

by AZ from Michigan on Thu May 15 2008

I really like this car, had to get catalytic converter replaced but was covered under warranty. Im averaging 30mpg in the city and at $3.99 a gallon is alot better than most cars at this price.

Dandy little Doll

by Toothpaste and Oranges from Sheboygan, WI on Sun Jul 09 2017

I would never go back to a 2 door car again. I love the room. For real, this thing has so much room. I love the style and driveability. The only con? The hatch back faded while the rest of the car didn't.

Worst car I ever owned

by Boston Joe from West Newbury, Massachusetts on Fri Nov 15 2013

Purchased a 2005 Aveo while living in Florida in 2011. It had 41000 miles on it. Within one month the thermostat went and also had to replace the whole mechanism to the oil plug. Moved back to Ma and the timing belt went which destroyed the engine. I would not recommend this car to anyone unless you want to empty your wallet. Last be not least to replace the engine was going to cost 2600.00 so I had the car repossessed. It was not worth the expense.

22000 miles, 4th warranty repair

by Sad car buyer from Alabama on Thu Dec 14 2006

At 1500 miles, windshield fluid pump broke, 2 weeks later broke again. 11000 miles, valves and alternator replaced. At 23000 miles, loose connection on spark plugs/cylinder. Now, hold engages at high speeds on highway. Dealer is unconcerned because occurs at speeds greater than speed limit. Must get rid of before warranty expired, since I cannot afford these types of repairs every year.

1 2 3 4

Our Take on the 2005 Chevrolet Aveo

There was some snickering a few years back when General Motors bought failing Daewoo, a South Korean automaker that never quite hit its stride in the U.S. market.

Daewoo built OK cars, but the lack of a dealer network and other essentials doomed its efforts in the face of hot competition, including fellow Koreans Hyundai and Kia.

Last year, Chevrolet unveiled GM's first Daewoo product, the subcompact Aveo, designed to give the brand an entry-level car to compete with imports and lure first-time customers into the Chevy universe. It seems to be working, with Aveo selling in decent numbers.

The timing was good for GM, with gas prices soaring and buyers looking to conserve. Aveo (which I'm told is pronounced... Read More