2005 Aveo

2005 Chevrolet Aveo

2005 Chevrolet Aveo

3.4

Have you driven the 2005 Chevrolet Aveo?

Worst car ever!

by Never making that mistake again from Wichita, Ks. on September 20, 2011

Wow! I thought this car was a great deal! Wrong. I bought it in good shape in Dec. 2007 with 51,000 miles on it and it started breaking down within a month. I have repeatedly had problems with the transmission, then engine is falling apart, the power steering went out, and the rear break system completely fell apart! I spent $7,000 on this vehicle and have put about the same smount into it since it was purchased. The interior is not suitable for people with small children as car seats and booster seats completely dominate the back seat. The trunk can hardly fit a medium-sized box. There is no leg room in the back, and hardly any in the front. Most of the accent lights on the interior have gone out, and the lock for the driver-side door fell in within a year. We also has mysterious problems with the electrical system just shutting off while driving that no ASE certified worked can figure out. This happens mostly in extreme temperatures. I would NOT recommend this vehicle to anyone, unless you just want to sell it for scrap.

Does not recommend this car!!

small , but reliable and cheap to own

by 63 falcon guy from Millville, NJ on May 4, 2011

I have 78K miles on my '05 Aveo, and drive to work 65 miles round trip a day. I do all my own work and other than one set of tires at 40k have done nothing but gas and oil changes. I keep checking the brakes, but they look and work fine! I did change the trans fluid at 50k. It is a little tight inside if you're 6' tall, and dont expect sportscar acceleration with the 1.6L engine. However, you will be rewarded with as high as 38mpg on a long trip. The car gets over 30mpg always, averaging around 33mpg per tank with A/C on and auto trans!

2005 aveo owner

by 2005 aveo owner from ottawa, on Canada on October 6, 2010

fit and finish... 1. drivers side door lock dislodged and fell inside the door. 2. a/c/heater fan motor very loud. 3. many squeeks, rattles while driving.

AVEO MEANS JUNK

by birdman from GREECE on May 11, 2010

IN THE LAST MONTH I HAVE HAD IT TOWED TWICE. THE SERPINTINE BROKE ALONG WITH THE PULLEY SYSTEM.200 BUCKS. THE THERMOSTAT HOUSING WENT.MADE OF PLASTIC.200 BUCKS. OXYGEN SENSOR REPLACEMENT.300 BUCKS. I'M LOOKING FOR A GEO METRO CONV.

It's ok

by Sis from Norfolk,Va on October 30, 2014

it was ok, purchase the Aveo in 05 new, started given me trouble about 5 months ago.started with something simple, I thought, they keep it for a week and said it was something else, drove it for 2 days after repair and it cut off been having problems every since, have only 32,000 miles, now they are telling me I need a engine. right now I'm very disappoint in the service, took my car for it's regular service, now I fell if someone have dropped the ball, the tech knew more was wrong when they first started working on it.

I love my car

by Shirley is my cars name from Dover, TN on June 23, 2011

I've had my Aveo since it had 14 miles on it. This car handles curves excellent, great gas mileage, and more room than it looks. The backseats lay down, which is really good when you don't have a truck. I've used my car to move and it held more than I expected it too. I totally recommend this car to anyone that is looking for a dependable, good on gas mileage, and that's a sharp looking vehicle.

Surprisingly shocked!!!

by A potential buyer from Bowling Green, Ky on November 13, 2009

I had to burrowed my friends Aveo, because my Kia was in the shop (Story of its life!). I was very surprised that Chevy was actually able to build a decent subcompact. When the Aveo first came I first thought it was just going to be another Chevy metro with a different name, but it turned out to be a much better car. The Aveo is some what roomy except leg room for the driver could be improved, maybe if chevy would got rid of the foot it would make it a lot better. Handling is good and the steering feels very tight and predictable. Its no sports car but the engine seemed to have a enough power to keep up with traffic with three decent size people. I would like more otions than what my friend has, I have been looking and only find a few that are well equipped. Other than that, good car. Thinking about trading in the Kia asap.

Lemon

by dissapointed chevy owner from Laramie, wy on January 10, 2007

this was the first new car I have bought and so far it has been the worst car I have ever owned, the windsheild was installed incorrectly and cracked the 3rd day I owned it, the factory forgot to install a bolt on the rear engine mount causing it to break at about 8,000 miles, engine has a very loud valvetrain, struts started leaking in the first few weeks I owned it, the power steering pump makes a very loud noise when its cold, tire alignment will not stay aligned so tires wear out quickly, gas tank release does not function and so far chevy has not stood behind anything for warranty,

Very good car

by AZ from Michigan on May 15, 2008

I really like this car, had to get catalytic converter replaced but was covered under warranty. Im averaging 30mpg in the city and at $3.99 a gallon is alot better than most cars at this price.

Dandy little Doll

by Toothpaste and Oranges from Sheboygan, WI on July 9, 2017

I would never go back to a 2 door car again. I love the room. For real, this thing has so much room. I love the style and driveability. The only con? The hatch back faded while the rest of the car didn't.

1 2 3 4

Our Take on the 2005 Chevrolet Aveo

There was some snickering a few years back when General Motors bought failing Daewoo, a South Korean automaker that never quite hit its stride in the U.S. market.

Daewoo built OK cars, but the lack of a dealer network and other essentials doomed its efforts in the face of hot competition, including fellow Koreans Hyundai and Kia.

Last year, Chevrolet unveiled GM's first Daewoo product, the subcompact Aveo, designed to give the brand an entry-level car to compete with imports and lure first-time customers into the Chevy universe. It seems to be working, with Aveo selling in decent numbers.

The timing was good for GM, with gas prices soaring and buyers looking to conserve. Aveo (which I'm told is pronounced... Read More