2007 Aveo

2007 Chevrolet Aveo

2007 Chevrolet Aveo

3.6

Have you driven the 2007 Chevrolet Aveo?

Switch gears if you want fast & fancy.

by Chasuca from Troy, Illinois on Wed Oct 01 2008

It sounds to me that everyone is having variable experiences with the same car. Some good, & some bad, but I say that it's worth the risk! The 2007 Chev. Aveo is my first car, but I'm no greenhorn when it comes to knowing the difference between a reliable or unreliable car. For the price I paid, it couldn't have been anymore optimal! Mine is a manual, only used for 1 year, and I purchased it for $8000. My car already contains a chip that is used to make a more efficient gas tank.. so the mileage is awesome. One thing that has always bugged me about it is the lack of safety.. this car would collapse if I were to meet grills with a semi! O.o The torque is average, but what do you expect? This car is not meant for people who are looking for fast & fancy! This is SUCH a college-kid car. It's fairly cute/stylish, cheap and fairly reliable. I say fairly reliable because I am in the midst of getting my heater fixed for the 2nd time. Although the warranty pays for the heater to be fixed, it is still an inconvenience. Yet, overall, I am very happy with this car. Not many kids who graduate H.S. in 2007 get a 2007 car without their parents paying for it!

Have had no major problems

by DGR from Arvada,CO on Sat Oct 04 2014

I have read a lot of negative reviews about this vehicle but this is one review that will be positive. I bought this vehicle brand new in Feb. 2007 with only 24 miles. I have changed the oil every or around 3000 miles. I like to be proactive when it comes to maintaining my vehicles. I replaced the timing belt and water pump at 64000 miles,replaced valve cover gasket because of a leak,new spark plugs,cabin air filter once a year and engine air filter twice a year. Replaced AT filter and about 90% of fluid,drain plug made that very easy. The vehicle has 72500 miles and still runs like new.

My new car

by first time buyer from Atlanta, GA on Wed Nov 14 2007

This was the first new car I have ever bought. I have always driven Chevy and never had any problems that were serious, the company was always helpful and continue to be. The car has great handling and the seats are very comfortable, I drive a lot and couldnt deal with anything less. Overall its a wonderful car to drive and own.

GM Did Awesome!

by Car Crazy from Warren, Michigan on Thu Jun 22 2006

General Motors spent alot of time making and redesigning the new 2007 Aveo. I researched and found that this is the best car for the money; and its cool, sporty style makes driving it fun. It has so much room inside you forget you are driving an economy car. Way to go GM, you blew away Toyota's and Honda's 2007 economy cars.

Favorite small car

by college kid from Youngstown ,OH on Tue Mar 06 2012

With 37 mpg the Chevy Aveo5 hatchback is ideal for college students who are on a tight budget. Got it as a graduation gift and have had problems with it. Back seat leg room is a little tight but makes up for it with the fold down back seats, they're great for hauling everything. The best feature of this car is the gas mileage, with gas prices constantly going up is nice to know that you can fill up (from empty to full) in $45. The interior is comfortable, great for driving no matter the trip. Does have front and side air bags, great safety for a little car. Factory AM/FM radio sound quality is excellent. Great performance for a small engine with a quick pick-up. Great car for any age.

Aveo 2007 great small car

by Roomeister from Salem, MA on Tue May 01 2007

This is a great car or a great bang for your buck, first of all the gas miliage is wonderful for where gas prices are almost at 3 bucks a gallon. Its got allot of zip in the motor, great pick up when getting on the highway. The only thing I hate in the interior is the poor cup holder, and no center console. Also the seats could be a bit softer but when you get it new ther are always hard. The wonderful choice of colors the best is Icelandic blue. Yes the ride is a bit nosy but thats because of poor highyway roads, the handling around corners is wonderful. The features on the car as a whole are just what you want for a small car. Only one thing GM should have made on-star on this car, but Triple A, and a cell phone will suffice. but like I've said this is a great gas saving car if you still own a SUV or a big gas hog and want to save then get this car, other than that if you like to pay allot for gas than you better get a loan for your big gas guzzlers because the people who own these will probally be on the road while you are at the pump. Chevy has out done itself with this car, where as ford has closed it Escort line down a few years back. people will be getting cars with better gas miliage.

If you drive a lot, stay away....

by NomadDriver from on Tue Jul 09 2013

I bought this car because my previous one has an engine rod break, and given the circumstances (no savings, low income at the time among others), I had pretty much no choice in the matter. I bought the 2007 Chevy Aveo 5 Hatchback, manual trans with about 35000 miles on it.... It was pretty good for about a year or so. I put 53000 miles on it in two years and two months, and have NEVER had a car with so many problems. Granted, I drive a lot, but a cars transmission shouldnt go bad after 88000 miles. Buy this car an an EXTRA car. One you can give the kids to drive their friends around on saturday night or something. I still had about $3500 to pay on it, and it needed THOUSANDS in repairs at the time i got rid of it. If you drive a lot for work or something, the fuel economy is great, but dont expect it to last forever.

Does not recommend this car!!

Good value for the money if you get it cheep.

by Hendo from Madcity WI on Tue Oct 02 2007

I have had the little yellow 4 door hatchback one for exactly 1 year, 30k miles and NO repairs. I didn't rotate the tire so I had to replace the front ones just this week. Great town car the best. Nothing like my 89 golf GL was on the highway, but a new golf cost a lot more. If you want to drive over 70mph stay away--the little 1.6 is singing an agrevating tune @ 75 otherwise it is just fine. Our family off three takes many small trips, 20-80 miles with a huge bag of hockey stuff behind the rear seat. I am 6ft 250 and can sit fine in the back. It is surprisingly good in snow and windy weather. Again we have the bare bones model if you can't get a big discount or 0% interest I would go with something like a cheep Golf or Honda but this is a pretty good ride for the money again if you get a good deal. The handling I think is much like my Golf was, it dose not pretend to to have a big soft ride like some other small cars. This suits me fine since I do not always drive it on the best of roads and it zips around in town corners @35 pretty good without slowing down. I have worked on cars my whole life, including modern computer controlled engine management systems, and can't imagine anyone saying that it would be hard to work on this car. There is gobs of room under the hood and everything is laid out in a very clean simple modular manner. The exhaust system is simple and should be easy and cheep to replace. The belts look easy to get at. The front suspension looks a bit light weight and I hope that dose not end up wearing out prematurely. My goal is 3 years 90k on only recommended maintenance, I guess time will tell. Any more will be icing on the cake. I am 1/3 way there GOOD START.

the best car exept for the crash ratings

by commuter car from texas on Wed Jul 18 2007

great vehicle but worried about its crash ratings. We have two in the family an 05 aveo and an 07 aveo ls sedan. the 05 with 45k miles and the 07 with 3k and both have been flawless

Better than expected

by Tim H from Cleveland, OH on Sat Feb 02 2008

After my 2001 Dodge Neon started having major problems with overheating, I decided it was time to bite the bullet and get something new. My primary criteria were: New car Warranty Good on gas Not expensive (or at least, on the lower end of the new car price range. I'd been considering the Toyota Yaris and Honda Fit, and hadn't really thought about the Aveo until someone I knew bought one. I was impressed. I ended up with the 2008 Aveo LS Sedan. The only extra was the upgraded stereo and that's only because the only LS Sedan in the area with a stick shift (a requirement for me) happened to have it. First off, fit and finish, inside and out, is excellent. Secondly, the styling isn't painfully "cute" as the Yaris and Fit are. Mileage is good. After only 700 miles, I'm averaging 34.5 MPG with about 70% highway driving. It's not a sports car and doesn't handle like one, but it does handle well both in town and on the freeway. Resale value may not be as high as the Toyota or Honda, but I have a tendency to drive my cars over 150,000 miles before trading, so that's not really an issue for me. I'm extremely pleased with my purchase.

1 2 3 4 5

Our Take on the 2007 Chevrolet Aveo

GM brought the Korean-built Chevy Aveo stateside for the 2004 model year, and a restyled Chevrolet Aveo sedan is available for 2007. Despite its friendly face and upmarket frills, I found the new Chevrolet Aveo short on drivability, comfort and — most importantly — overall value.

Thanks to the recent jump in gas prices, small sedans and hatchbacks priced from $10,000 to $15,000 have seen their popularity soar. Honda, Toyota and Nissan already are in this segment, but U.S. automakers have lagged. Ford and Chrysler have hinted at future contenders, but GM is currently the only Detroit automaker with an entry-level car.

Chevrolet also markets a companion five-door hatchback, now... Read More