2009 Chevrolet Aveo

Really Good Car To Save Money

by from New York on September 19, 2017

Something for new drivers or your daughter or son that is starting school this car is reliable, gas efficient and priced right go get one today

My first car.

by from Pittsburgh, Pa on September 12, 2017

Loved this car. It was my second vehicle. Great on gas. Roomy on the inside. Easy to clean. I would buy again

You do get what you pay for. But I wasn't disappoi

by from Oswego on August 13, 2017

I mean, it's a cheaper car. But I wasn't disappointed with him. Press little she paid for it, it was just fine.

Awesome reliable car.

by from Haltom City, Tx on August 10, 2017

This car was in amazing shape. Yes it has a salvage title but it runs like a champ and looks brand new!
Not Rated Reliability

Cheap beater

by from Ohio on August 3, 2017

Bought this car in a hurry after my old VW caught on fire. I knew it was a cheap, basic car going into it and chose the 09 Aveo hoping a "newer" used car would be more reliable. It gets me where I'm going, but there's nothing special about it. I just had to replace the tie rods and wheel bearings at just over 100k miles on the car, and the power steering pump is getting ready to break as well. The absolute worst thing about this car is that it does not come with air conditioning as an installed option. Had I realized this before buying, I would have found the extra money for something a little nicer. Not a bad little beater car to start off with, but definitely not something I would plan on keeping for years at a time.

I'M SATISFY ABOUT THIS CAR

by from milwaukee, WI on June 23, 2017

I feel very comfortable and very good condition good mileage, simply super. the 2009 Chevy Aveo is awash with adequate performance, including fuel mileage. However, the revised inline four-cylinder engine now includes variable valve timing. In its evaluation, Edmunds says ?while the 2009 Chevrolet Aveo is certainly no thrill ride, it provides respectable vehicle dynamics. The steering is direct and the suspension is well-tuned for day-to-day commuting. The 1.6-liter engine is adequate, but it's not particularly powerful.? According to ConsumerGuide, the ?Aveo accelerates off the line quicker than one would expect, but no one will mistake these subcompacts for a sports car. Manual-transmission versions feel slightly quicker than automatics, but a rubbery, imprecise manual shifter detracts from the driving experience. The automatic is relatively responsive."

Great little car

by from on March 24, 2017

My dad bought this 2009 Aveo in dark grey metallic brand new from the GM dealership for a bout 8,500USD. It has been 8 years now and the car still runs great! The exterior design is wonderful and the interior is not so bad either. It plastic, but you'd expect that form a cheap car. Yeah, the clock has been broken already two times, but he got it fixed under warranty and besides that there has not been a single issue with the car so far. This Aveo t is a great little car if you commute short distances to work everyday and need something that will do the job. It's also fine on the occasional long distance family road trip, but the trunk is quite small. It's not fast and will has quite a bit of body-roll, but with some wider and lower profile tires it handles a lot better. WE just put some Michelin's a couple of months back and it rides great!

Do NOT Buy Chevrolet

by from Blackburn, Lancashire on August 7, 2016

Since I bought the car, I had nothing but trouble! Never in my life have I had a car that has spent more time in the garrage than on the road! I cant speak for everyone, but from people I know who has any kind of dealings with Chevrolet, had nothing but trouble!

Absolute dreck

by from Alberta, Canada on April 29, 2015

The car itself I rather liked; the styling, size, feel, fuel economy. That out of the way, in spite of buying it new, babying it, and always getting it's maintenance needs done on time, this was the biggest piece of junk I've ever owned. I say again, biggest piece of junk I've ever owned. It was in and out of the shop a dozen times in my ownership, and the last year of owning it out (after the warranty ran out) cost me more money to keep running then the 80s Pontiac with 350,000 kms it replaced did over 9 years. If I were to add up the warranty repairs into the equation, repair cost in 6 years would have easily exceeded initial purchase price. All this in 70,000 kms. This is the last GM I will ever own. Parts replaced were: air conditioning, ignition system, almost every single seal on the engine and transmission, steering rack, and radiator. All in 70k kms.

Think Before you buy.

by from N/W PA on January 30, 2015

Like the title says Think before you buy this car. If you just want a cheap, no thrills, no amenities, uncomfortable car then go for it. This review will not be kind to this car. I traded my 1999 Cavalier since it was starting to have lots of mechanical problems. So I was more interested in how the mechanics of this car were than how it will drive every day. For a 2009 with 47K miles the mechanics and drive of the car were good and the car is very cute so I decided to go with it. Beauty is only skin deep with this car. The seats on this car are just short of sitting on a bucket of rocks, the radio is tinny which you need to add lots of bass (no treble) I've driven a stick for more than twenty years and the shifter is lower than what I would like and there's no center console instead what you get is a little catch all under the parking brake. First gear is almost impossible to shift into unless you are stopped, driving at 10mph and under in second gear is an adventure and pushing the stick into first gear is hard on the shifter cable and transmission and both are too expensive to replace. I thought my moms 1998 Camaro had stiff suspension where you felt everything its worse on this car. You feel everything that this car drives on. Its transmitted from the suspension right to the car and then to you. It feels like your on a bumpy ride at a county fair except in this ride you'd want a smoother ride. It's my fault for not taking it for a more extensive test drive and focusing on the aesthetics along with the mechanics. I would say something about the lackluster engine but since it only a 1.6L vs the 2.2 my Cavalier had the lackluster performance compared to what I had is to be expected. It's my car now so I'll keep it until its feasible financially for me to get another car.

Our Expert Review: 2009 Chevrolet Aveo