2017 Bolt EV

2017 Chevrolet Bolt EV

2017 Chevrolet Bolt EV

Have You Driven the 2017 Chevrolet Bolt EV?

Love the concept of the car but a few quarks.

by sracer76 from on Thu Mar 02 2017

Car drives and handles very well but some packaging decisions that I question. I owned a Fiat 500e and loved having an electric car. But sine I bought the car the family grew, so I need something with 5 seats and a small run about. I was very excited about the Bolt coming out. I test drove it and something just did not feel right. The seat seemed narrow and felt that I was leaning in towards the Salesman. I commented to the salesman about the seats and he said he felt the same way. Later I found out that it was designed that way on purpose the Outer side of the seat has a larger bolster to accomidate the side seat airbag and the inner side is smaller to allow access to the center cubby. So if you have broad shoulders you will need to but seat cover on it and add your own bolster unless GM comes up with a better idea.

Range anxiety is gone!

by John from Pittsburgh, PA on Fri May 26 2017

With the increased range, compared to my Leaf, I no longer worry about range. Drive fast, drive cold weather, drive long distances, I don't worry about EV range anymore. It's powerful, not just 0 to 40, but it accelerates very well from 40 to 60, too. With a top speed over 90 mph, it is not just for city driving. Excellent technology with a very large touch screen. All the latest driving assistance with Apple CarPlay and other apps. My only gripe is the front seats are small have no lumbar adjustment.

Fast as my 5.0 liter Mustang was

by Fan from Los Angeles on Thu Apr 13 2017

Chevy Bolt is every bit as fast as those loud cars trying to keep up with me. Only thing I don't like is the my Chevy app that is supposed to tell you where to get a charge. That part of the app is a huge waist of time. I get stranded on the 5 freeway and had to have AAA tow me 188 miles home because roadside assistance and on star could not figure out where to get a charge either after my salesman told me I could charge it at any Tesla charge station. I got home and found PlugShare app and it filters out all the charge stations that I was told to go to and now I know where to get a charge - for $9.95 for 1/2 hour of supercharge which gets you 90 miles. I get free charge at work and will be getting solar panels for my house wit a home charge station so the only worries I have is those long trips that will cost me as much as gas.

Does not recommend this car!!

Excellent Supplemental Car

by Bolted from Mullica Hill on Sun May 07 2017

Purchased this car as a supplemental car to my gas guzzling Ram. I love my ram but needed something more fitted for city commuting. The bolt fits the bill precisely. I love the technological advances of this car along with the economy of electric. Granted, I'm not sure that the true savings is quite there yet between electric and gas, but it works for me. The car rides great and I don't have any type of range anxiety with 240 miles per charge. With that being said, if you want to make this your daily driver you need fast charging capabilities as this only charges 4 miles as hour with the bundled AC cord. I have to admit, as dorky as this car looks I haven't had this much fun driving a car in years! Definitely recommended!

Peppy Car

by Eddie J. from Bel Air, MD on Tue Jun 20 2017

I test drove the Chevy Bolt on 16 June 2017. The car has excellent body lines and the interior has plenty of head room. All features are user friendly. On the driver's side it could've used a little more side-to-side leg room. The handling wasn't too bad, a little bouncy after driving over bumps. It had plenty of pep, no problem merging onto the highway.

out of 5 starsReliability

Does not recommend this car!!

Super car

by EV Owner from Scituate MA on Mon May 29 2017

Fully satisfied with all aspects of performance. Only negatives are 1 No in car ability to program garage door opener. 2 No electrical capability to adjust seats only clunky mechanical adjustments.

Good for so many reasons

by Greg from Hillsville, Va on Wed Oct 18 2017

We love our 2017 Bolt EV Premier. The acceleration is unbelievable. The one pedal setting is so easy and regenerates the battery. No jerking starts or stops. A world of information at our fingertips. So far, we have only used our recharger at home for all the charging. Our electric cost is about a quarter the cost of gasoline for our previous car. Charging stations increasing both in numbers and speed. ChargePoint maps show all stations and levels. Getting away from fossil fuels is so important to us. Now more than ever.

Barbara

by Barbara from Virginia on Mon Jul 24 2017

I really loved this car. the reason I would not buy it is that the driver's seat is not comfortable for me. The seats need to have lumbar support. You also need lunar support for the Volt as well. I don't know why you would not consider how important that is when designing such a beautiful car. Also, I think that all of the Bolts should have an outlet for fast charging as well as 240. You should also make all of your dealerships have free charging devises throughout the country.

My next electric car

by Mojo from Antioch Ca. on Wed Mar 07 2018

The power and space is wonderful. I couldn't believe the legs and head room that I explained. It is very quiet . The fast charge is one of the things that I was impressed with.

LOVE my Bolt!

by EVs for All! from Denver, CO on Thu Mar 29 2018

I really wanted an electric vehicle. Tesla was outside of our price range, and honestly, I'm nervous about the long-term viability of Tesla as a company. The Chevy Bolt was an obvious choice. Amazing range - 240 miles and more! FUN FUN FUN to drive! And quite roomy in the back seat and trunk area. With the tax credit or without it, I am confident that I would have purchased this car.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Our Take on the 2017 Chevrolet Bolt EV

The verdict:

A model that could get by on its long range and relatively low price alone, the 2017 Chevrolet Bolt EV also happens to be an excellent car.

Versus the competition:

The Bolt EV more than makes up for its higher price by having roughly twice the range of most competitors.

As I expressed in our First Drive of the 2017 Chevrolet Bolt EV, much of this battery-electric hatchback's appeal is evident in the numbers: 238 miles of EPA-estimated range, 9.5 hours to charge fully at 240 volts and a starting price of $37,495. (All prices cited include destination charges but not incentives, which should include a $7,500 federal tax credit.)

We like to round out our reviews with comparisons, but at this moment, close competitors are few. As we publish, Tesla has begun building the Bolt EV's closest competitor, the Model 3, with a claimed 215-mile range (with the standard battery) and a price of $35,000 before incentives, but we haven't driven one yet; our only exposure has been... Read More