2017 Chevrolet Bolt EV consumer reviews

$36,620 starting MSRP
side view of 2017 Bolt EV Chevrolet
Explore the 2017 Bolt EV Chevrolet
Shop the 2017 Bolt EV Chevrolet

A cute and fun little car

I have found nothing wrong with it. It actually gets MORE miles per charge than advertised. The front seats are a bit harder than I would have made them, however the back seat is super comfortable. My wife drives it and makes optimizing economy a game. She seems quite good at it, since our efficiency keeps climbing.

Very reliable

This car meets all my needs. After driving the Kia Sorento, Toyota RAV4, Chevy equinox and several others, the Chevy Bolt EV was by far the best value for my money. Right from the test drive the vehicle felt very smooth. It’s solidly built, and very quiet. Don’t let it’s looks deceive you, this car is is spacious. It's just the right size, has very comfortable seats and is loaded with technology! What makes it even better is I don’t have to worry about gas prices. Be sure to put this car on your list to test drive.

Love Our New Chevy Bolt

This 2017 Chevy Bolt EV was all that we were looking for and more. The regenerative braking and the great torque of the electric motor are really nice. And we will save $1000 a year in reduced gas versus power costs, and reduced maintenance (since there are a lot fewer parts). We are very happy with our purchased.

Fun car to drive

This car is better than we anticipated performance is unbelievable May look a little small on the outside but has plenty of room on the inside.

3.3

It is nice but does not reach the range advertised

I have owned this vehicle for six months and the range started to degrade from 250 mile range to now 170 mile range when at 95 % since there is a recall where the battery may catch on fire, and GM does not have a final fix. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND IT FOR NOW!

4.0

Good range and fast.

Head unit disconnects from the phone, but pretty good otherwise. Fast, but gets less than 200 miles per charge on LA freeways. Great around town.

Best Electric out there for the Money

I've had this little speed demon for over (3) years now. Love to drive it - drives like a skateboard with very tight steering and feedback. I charge it solely with solar electricity that I make on my home (takes about 4 kW of solar panels to run about 15k miles per year). Great value. Not a single dealership / repair shop visit since I've owned it!

4.4

Very Cool Car

Was what we were looking for in a second car. Size of car, economical to operate, great for the environment. Very fun to drive, great get up and go, more than most gas engine cars by far.

SO FAR ITS BEEN A GREAT CAR

Its my first EV and im very happy so far , but performance was a little short of the specifications. You have to drive 57 mph on freeway to get the 240 miles per charge Chevrolet advertized , I drive 75 so lost about 30 percent of the range.

We love our Bolt

We bought the 2nd one in our state. It is everything we'd hoped for. Love the practicality and nearly zero maintenance. We enjoy driving it. It's our main family car and does everything well. It's been with us 3 years and we plan on keeping it at least 10.