Read or write a review.

4.4
Average based on 13 reviews

Very Good Car

by from Salina, KS on January 1, 2008

The camaro is a great car for any age. The interior is designed for the driver not so much for the passengers. It gets me from point a to point b very well and it has a stiff ride but the joy of driving it everyday makes up for that. Also people give you looks that you would not recieve in other cars. Plus just the history and the performance of the car are excellent.

Reliable Camaro?

by from Gilroy, Ca on July 6, 2006

I purchased my wife's 2001 Camaro new and now over 5 years and 90,000 miles later, I can say I've had no problems whatsoever with this vehicle. I change the oil and put gas in it. Not sure why these cars get bad reviews, but it's been a great car. I personally, would like to see a slightly stiffer suspension on the V6 cars but not as harsh as the V8 version. My 2004 Mazda3 I've taken in many times for the engine light and I'm considering selling it for another GM vehicle. (no, I don't work for GM).

Reliable and More

by from Central California on March 10, 2007

I purchased my camaro brand new, and have been the only owner for 6 years now. This car has been completely reliable! Just recently, I changed the battery for the first time, and with the exception of regular maintenance, it has never been to the shop. It's funny, when I bought the car I was really only thinking about the how I loved the exterior sporty look, color, and t-tops! Reliabilty, although a very important factor, was an afterthought. I am very lucky my camaro turned out to be everything I wanted, even under the hood!

Amazing Car

by from Chicago, Il on July 27, 2006

Excellant car, afforable, powerful and stylish! I would definatly buy again or even buy another. May not be made anymore, but that that doesnn't meant it is not coming back!

Loads of Fun

by from Gurnee, IL on June 13, 2012

I own a 2001 Chevy Camaro V6 3.8L and one word for it is exciting. Nothing beats rolling down the streets with the t tops off and the loud and aggressive V6 tone coming out the back (after market exhaust system). The car handles very well for an american sports car, love the rear wheel drive.... until the winter months hit. This is where you have to drive well under the speed limit and brake very soon. Otherwise, if your in an empty parking lot then its the best time you will ever have in a RWD drive car. One suggestion would be to buy the manual because yes sports cars should all be manual, the auto gets boring after a while. The seats are very comfortable if you're in the front seats. If your in the back then you better hope that the person in front is short because leg room is limited, but hey, who would buy a car for rear leg room. Interior design isnt bad for the time period, an aftermarket head unit really improves the look of it. I've only had a few problems with the car, fuel pump issue, upper intake gasket issue, and a misfire because of a bad ignition coil, but the car also has 122k miles. But other than that, it is a great car to own and is a fun toy to drive around.

Best car i have ever owned

by from Chicago on February 2, 2007

I can't believe this car lost to the mustang. This offers alot of power for little money. I will definatly buy the 2009 Camaro, it is sure to be a hit!

Lots of fun for the price

by from on August 21, 2013

Don't buy this car if you want heated seats and back massagers. It is not uncomfortable but it was not designed to coddle the driver. For the price it is a fun car to drive with lots of power and the light weight aluminum v-8 makes it handle well. Opt for the 6-speed, lots more fun.

Best car best value most fun

by from Pineville, wv on September 21, 2015

I love it has few problems they are cheap to fix wix when it does and my kids love it too just roomy enough for family fun

camaro 2001 3.8 series 2

by from miami fl on March 10, 2014

i.m the proud owner of a fifth generation v6 camaro, i have to say that is a wonderful car cheap pieces confortable fun and fast i love my car

Nightmare

by from Vancouver BC on December 18, 2014

One word for mine. NIGHTMARE. Mine was an electronic nightmare. Owned it for a year and drove it a week, fixed it a week, drove, fixed. Never ended. To light in the back end, prone to unexpected drifting. Awesome car to cruise the high schools and pick up teen girls but for a driver, a real driver,,,Thumbs Down. Felt fast but when looking at the real performance results, there are minivans out there that will easily out perform it, and that's embarrassing.

Our Expert Review: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro