2002 Chevrolet Camaro

Best bang for the buck!!

by on August 12, 2017

This vehicle will not disappoint you. The legendary LS1 V8 is under the hood and packs a punch. It's the same LS1 V8 that is used in the Corvette. If you're looking to step up to the Corvette, you're looking at spending an additional 6 to $8,000, but there's no reason to with this awesome Camaro SS. Overall it's a very well done vehicle, but some hate its style.. and some love it.

Uses car for Havingfun

Most fun and reliable vehicle I have own

by from Mount sterling Illinois on August 11, 2017

I am young.and love cars and love fast cars its a v6 but its the closet am going to get to a sports car amd I love it.its been good to me as a daily.and when I want to have fun or try to get the girls its there for me lol

Love this car but need to sell for Personal Reason

by from Aurora, CO on July 10, 2017

The car is a good car and haven't had any major problems with it at all. Just looking for a more reliable car for myself and my two kids.

Fast, fun, totally reliable High Performance

by from fort worth, TX on June 9, 2017

The Z28 Camaro is very high performance. Imagine a Corvette but with 4 seats with the same V8 as Corvette. Sleek style too. Better visibility than 2010 and newer Camaros. Compared to them my Z28 is bright and airy inside!

Very fun car

by from Minnesota on May 5, 2017

Fast when you want it to be yet very user friendly and controlable, interior is ok, with some of the cheaper feeling stuff like the blinker lever, but overall great

Most amazing car

by from Bossier City, LA on May 3, 2017

It is great if you like speed. Then again, Chevy never disapoints. It has a nice body and engine. Love the drop top.

great car

by from Connelly Springs on March 13, 2017

I love my car and these guys busted their butts to get me in it. They would not stop working till I was in it and happy

Evergreen Z

by from Greenville SC on March 24, 2016

I bought a new 2002 Z28 Hurst 6-speed 14 years ago this week. It's still my daily driver, and it's still wonderful. Reliable, fast, thrifty in its own way, beautiful. I have bought many vehicles for my household since 2002, but have never been tempted to replace this primal, elemental broadsword of a car. I grow old, but the Camaro remains strong and ageless.

Mixed Emotions

by from Cleveland, Ohio on March 3, 2015

I am the second owner of a 2002 Z28, which was purchased and serviced it's whole life at the same dealer. I'm told it was elderly lady owned, I have no reason to doubt that given its mileage at my acquisition was less than 40k. Not bad for a 12 year old car. I saw the car on line, I went out, test drove it, and within 4 hours I owned it. It's a pretty nice car, but after 11 months of ownership I must say I would never buy another one, and in many ways I'm sorry I bought this one. Oh it's enough fun, but it's amazingly dated. The front and back end look eerily like a Chrysler Sebring. The seats are very basic. The instruments are pretty cool, but the dash is dated. It has the Monsoon stereo, but it's not as good as I would have hoped. It fits one CD-no auxiliarry plug, no bluetooth, no GPS, no computer screen. It's pretty comfortable for trips lasting about 2-3 hours, after that, it's uncomfortable. Forget the back seat unless your passengers are in 1st and 4th grade. There's plenty of storage, but not much of that can be hidden from view. Handling and suspension is lumbering and heavy, but effective.. I owned a Crown Vic Police Interceptor which handled much better than my Z-28. The ride is harsh on city streets and bumps. The seating position is low-if you have bad knees or a bad back, forget it. And the seats are not comfortable, they are shamefully basic. I believe I said that already, but it's worth repeating. The doors are way too long to get into anything other than the broadest of parking spaces. They're heavy, so don't let the wind catch it if your foot is on the pavement. If you have the stock tires and wheels and expect to drive this in the winter, be forwarned. The width of the stock wheels is 8", but dedicated snows only come in 7.5" widths. And if you plan on driving this car in the winter, you need to get four snows. If you try and use anything else-well, I'll just say nothing says traction like a rear wheel drive 2 door coupe with a rocket engine. Which brings me to the cars only amazing part-the LS1 engine. I have owner nearly 30 cars in my life time, everything from puddle jumpers to 3/4 ton vans. The Z28 has, without a doubt, hands down, without question, the finest, most responsive and smoothest engine I have ever experiences. In a straight line, this car is ridiculously fast. It's exhillerating, amazing, fantastically fun. Unfortunate, given the rest of the car, it only took me about 3 weeks to tell my friends--"If I'm going to drive around with a Corvette engine, I want the whole Corvette, not this thing." Final say-it was fun for a few months-now it's a boring, lumbering, dated and not that sexy of a car.

Last of a generation

by from Midwest on May 16, 2014

The 35th anniversary of Camaro's debut. There was a 35th Anniversary Package available. The SS and Z-28 models were more performance oriented. Back seat passengers: too bad, so sad.

Our Expert Review: 2002 Chevrolet Camaro