2016 Chevrolet Camaro

Camaro finally becomes a real sports car

by from Toronto on June 7, 2016

Having driven the previous generation (2010-2015) Camaro RS and SS, I would've never imagined buying one. Both cars felt heavy and the V6 was just anemic. Today, I am an owner of the 2016 Camaro RS (V6) and believe me, this car is nothing like its ancestor. The power delivery is on point, just a slight nudge on the pedal and you're easily overtaking on the highway. 0-100 in 5.1 seconds - that's as fast as some V8's less than a decade ago with much better fuel economy! The dual mode exhaust is a must have. In my opinion, it is the best sounding V6 after the Jaguar F type. It handles like a dream too. In fact, high speed turns feel way too easy and it's easy to drive beyond your skill level in this car. This is simply the best 4 seater coupe for the money. My only concern would be reliability - but the warranty is pretty comprehensive and I've opted for the extended warranty. Only issue I've had is seat motor breaking down.

a step up

by from houston, tx on March 30, 2016

i just came out of a 2012 mustang 5.0 manual w/ a Roush Stage III kit so I'm not a stranger to performance. what pushed me over was finding out that the 16' SS has the same drive train as the corvette. but that's on paper & fair to say, I'm still in the "break in" period so I can't really stretch it's legs yet. but, everything on this SS feels like "a step up". the manual shifter is a total dream, the suspension feels like I'm completely planted 'in' the road and everything about this car, to me feels like a literal upgrade in 'class' & 'quality'. i'll know more about performance after I hit the 1500 mile break in. but so far, I couldn't be more impressed.

What an up-grade!

by from Bonita Springs on September 23, 2016

I have worked for Mercedes-Benz in Europe for more than 2 decades, so I know a little something about cars. In the US however I drive US makes. I had a 2013 Chevy Camaro convertible before and I found the interior dreadful and the chassis soft and unpredictable. That's why I decided to get a new 2016 Camaro SS convertible. What a difference the new Gen 6 makes! Wow! The Cadillac ATS-chassis almost reaches European sports car level and the Corvette 6.2l V8 is simply a great engine. Paired together in this car, the new Camaro overall is actually very close to the Merc SL 6.3 AMG. The ride and handling is already extremely close to it. The new interior of the Camaro is a quantum leap forward, but obviously not on eyelevel with the Merc SL, but it is not too far off. Looking at value for money, the Camaro wins this battle head over shoulders. That it also leaves the current Ford Mustang somewhere back in the dust, does not need to be mentioned, or does it? ;-)

Detroit Muscle

by from Torrance, CA on September 20, 2016

Incredible Car! I purchased a 2016 2SS. The Power is great, fun to drive, looks more aggressive and trim then its predecessors. Performance: V8 Power which auto transitions to four cylinders when necessary to conserve gas. Though Gas is obviously not your concern when you buy a V8 its not too bad. I drive a lot of California city miles and get about 15mpg. Comfort: If you value comfort go for the 2LT package or 2SS package, major difference in comfort from 1LT. Its obviously not in rhe class of a Mercedes or BMW for luxury but its does quie well for a Sports car. If you like are a Sports Car enthusiast, it offers a great experience with better value than more expensive yet less powerful options like the Infiniti, Jag etc. 5 stars

Very happy

by from Lake forest ca on August 24, 2016

Over all, it's been great. I cant talk about reliability as it's been only 2 months. But it performs excellent. Looks great. Only flaw so far is the seats. It does not recline very well even if I move the seat forward. It puts my back at an uncomfortable position so I will be changing the seat.

BA V6

by from Muncie, IN on May 1, 2017

This has been one of my favorite cars to drive. The 8 speed auto is great and manual mode shifts extremely fast and will put you in your seat

Build cheap priced outrageous

by from Delray beach, fl on March 25, 2017

Only had the car for 10 monthso and it's practically falling apart. I heareally rattling and squeaks while driving or when music is playing

Best looking car I have ever owned

by from fort mohave,az on February 13, 2017

All I can say is its fast,fun to drive, and a real head turner!!! I bought the V-6 and was afraid it wouldn't have enough power. I was wrong, plenty of power

The Camaro SS is an awesome muscle car

by from Tampa, FL on July 7, 2016

The 2016 Camaro SS is a modern take on the classic 1960's Camaros. It has a retro look with muscular styling. The interior is like the cockpit of a spacecraft and all controls are in easy reach. The leather option is a high end upgrade. The only downside on the interior is that the back seat is not comfortable for tall people. The V8 engine has a lot of power; more than enough for almost every driver. The suspension is tight and the car handles like a sports car.

Epic upgrades all around

by from Rowland, PA on March 5, 2016

The brand new Gen6 Camaro completely eclipses the Gen5 Camaro in every aspect although it is a bit pricey. Our 1LT RS V6 6spd is AWESOME overall. The RS option is a huge upgrade and a very worthy addition.

Our Expert Review: 2016 Chevrolet Camaro