2005 Chevrolet Cobalt

Best Car I've Ever Owned! Seriously...

by from New York, NY on September 17, 2017

Owned this car since 2005. Great engine, never any problems mechanically. Only selling because I moved to New York city from Florida and have no need for it.

Fun car for a daily driver

by from Maumee, OH on August 26, 2017

I've owned 2 of these and both have been very reliable and economical cars. The manual transmission is rock solid.

Simply Reliable

by from rochester ny on July 25, 2017

This car just works for me. It has great fuel economy and is comfortable for driving to and from work every day. Easy maintenance, worth fixing if something goes wrong. This is a very easy car to own. Worth every penny.

Poor man's Sports Car

by from Erie,PA on July 6, 2017

I own the SS Supercharged model. The car is very fast with the Supercharged 2.0L engine. After 100k miles the clutch has only been replaced once, and still has original transmission. The worst part of the vehicle is the front end components, but as long as you don't beat on the car you won't have too many problems.

Best and most reliable car .

by on June 30, 2017

I bought this car in 2010, it was built in 2005. It has been my favorite car out of all that I have owned. The best feature is the fuel economy ranging between 32- 36 mpg . Just love this car and still commute with this car today.

Sporty and affordable

by from Benwood, WV on June 1, 2017

Nice car with power without breaking the pocket in cash. Nice leather interior, large spoiler, and 5 speed manual with the supercharger.

First Car

by from on May 15, 2017

As a first car this vehicle was perfect and ran so smoothly but yet had a nice look to it. I definitely would recommend this car to anyone

2005 Cobalt

by from Marina, California on September 1, 2012

This car is seven years old with 88K miles but is as clean as a new car, in fact it still seems like a new car ecsept for the radio buttons and a missing plastic cover on the back part of the child seat strap attachment. I payed blue book value, got a two year warranty, and put in a new radio for $500 and am very happy with the car. I get a good 30 mpg commuting to work and 42 on the highway so I feel I have an edge on rising gas prices. The car has security features that can get annoying at times- the horn with honk if you open the door "out of secuence" so you have to have the key fob or else! It is a midsize feel to it where as a Ford focus feels like a minisized compact car. Overall no problems yet and if it is like the Cavalier I owned prevously it should have a very good engine reliability and go to the Cavalier's 142K mileage. I expect to own the car for ten years - 100K miles with only ecessory engine parts ( like altinator, battory) that will need replacing.

Very disappointing

by from on June 21, 2012

I bought the 2005 Cobalt brand new, I loved it at first - we even took a long road trip in it. But at only 30,000 miles the electrical system started to fail after several attempts to repair and lots of money I gave up and traded it in. I was so dissappointed because I loved this car until this problem arose. The power steering, brakes, and transmission would all go out randomly and dealer could never find the exact problem to fix it. They kept telling me it was a failure in the electrical and computer system. It made the car unsafe and I was afraid to drive it anymore.

Reliable car for my college daughter

by from Oneonta, NY on November 14, 2011

Purchased this car in aug. of this year.........so far so good. Car is solid, great on gas, and seems to be a great value for the money.

Our Expert Review: 2005 Chevrolet Cobalt