2005 Chevrolet Cobalt consumer reviews

$13,625 starting MSRP
Photo not available
Explore the 2005 Chevrolet Cobalt

Great car, overly price at the time of purchase.

This is a great car. Totally love it. It has 1800 miles on it/ 2005 purchased/ but now over 138000 on it. I want to see it turn over one more time to hit 200k. All highway miles. Handle well on the highway. Headlights are not the greatest. It stopped on me driving at 60 mph which was not good. Power steering is getting bad. Outside paint job on top is the worse I have had on any car purchased. My Cobalt still going and its 2021.

1.6

Save your money!

Let's start off with the exterior, the damage to the top coat they use to protect the paint is just horrible!! My car looks just terrible, next we will move onto how badly the under body gets so rusted just from sitting on a street!! No grass, no dirt no piles of anything just a parking spot in a lot it got so bad I needed to replace the fuel line & the filtration line, I was leaking gas & not even a check engine light came on!! Lastly this is the pne that really gets me upset, after paying almost $500 to replace those lines two day's later the anti theft light came on & now my car won't start!! Nobody will help me nor take responsibility for it happening on their watch! So I'd love to know how to get this car running again, I've tried all the you tube advice on reprogramming the key yet NOTHING works, that anti theft light just won't go off!! Please help someone????

2.0

Deadly

This car is not something I'd buy again there deadly and dangerous. I wish I'd had known what junk it was before I bought mine

3.3

Had to replace to many parts.

I have had nothing but ignition problems with my Colbalt. It was 1st done on Recall and now it's out again at my expense, I am on disability and can not afford all the repairs.

Very reliable, fun to drive

I bought this car brand new back in 2005. It's great for a single person or a couple . Good power when you need it easy to drive around town and on the highways.

2.3

Think of something and you'll replace it

I've replaced almost the whole car and the problems only get worse I'm more or less scared to drive the car and you fix it once you'll fix it until it no longer runs.

Good car Good Value

Plenty of front legroom for a small car. Engine very quiet and smooth. Gets good gas mileage. Very good vehicle for the money I paid.

1.0

Car cuts off when stopping for light or stop sign,

This is a very dangerous vehicle. I do not recommend it to anyone. Fix the problem i see mutiple complaints of the same thing. It

A great value and very dependable

I drove this car off the dealership lot brand new in 2005. It has been very dependable and great on gas and mileage. Although. I did recently buy a new car I have decided to keep it as a back up. I love my little silver cobalt!

1.0

Replaced ever part way too early

Bought it new in 2005. Started breaking right after the warranty expired. I have replaced many parts that failed too early. Many recalls. It may not pass inspection this time due to rust. I will never again by GM. Avoid this car. Avoid GM.