2006 Cobalt

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt

4.0

Have You Driven the 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt?

Pretty Good!

by Ana86 from on Sun Jul 29 2012

I am just about to trade mine in for a new car. I bought it new in '06, and have driven it over 160,000 miles. I know very little about maintaining cars, and it is still running very well. The only things I have replaced are brakes (1 time after 100,000 miles), Struts (1 time after 100,000 miles) and quite a few tires. It has great pick up and runs like a champ. But, then there is the interior. Besides the fact that it's outdated (no usb/aux port), the details chipped off pretty badly on the door and stereo. Two of my speakers have blown (probably from super loud music) and the CD player broke after 158,000 miles (which is really the reason I am replacing it) The back is really, really cramped, so I would not recommend it for more than two or three people needing to ride in it.

Very happy with my Cobalt

by Happy from CA on Wed Sep 16 2009

Have had this car for almost 3 years now. Good value for the money. I wasn't expecting luxury, just a nice car to get me from point a to point b with good gas mileage. I like how it looks too. Fits my two little one's with their carseats in the back, but if we have another baby, I'm afraid we'd need a new car! Reliable little car and I would buy it again if I had it to do over again!

Best made car

by LoKa RoSa from San Bernardino, CA on Tue Nov 20 2007

This car was an impuse buy for me. However, when I got rear ended by a drunk driver at 45/50 mph and nothing but scratches on my bumper, told me this car was built to resist such impacts. I was able to walk away from such an incident because of my cobalt. I am very happy to have made this purchase and have recommended this car due to its build. For being a little car, it sure did block a punch!

Good Car From Chevrolet

by blkpttrsn16 from Washington State on Sun Jan 27 2013

I bought mine in 2010 as a senior in high school. I got the cobalt ss naturally aspirated so no supercharger. They made this model only in 2006 with the label of "SS" after 2006 they named it the "Cobalt Sport". I got a steal of a deal at a dodge dealership. It only had 54,000 miles on it. At first i was in love with it and then as the years went by i loved it a little less, but its been a great car for the last 3 years. Last year was the only year i really had to put alot of money into it. I had to replace the fuel injectors. I went to chevrolet and the cost about 700 dollars. And then i had to replace the rear brakes. Another 200 dollars. ONE thing that i would of loved to see more would of been more storage. It has a tiny arm rest/storage that can hardly store anything and then a small glove box and then a kinda hidden compartment down by the drivers legs where the trunk release is located. Other than that i would give the interior a review of about 2 stars just because of the cheapness of the materials used. I am a 20 year old and have subs in my car and now all the interior rattles and just isnt up to par with othere vehicles. I am thinking of trading it in this year.

It is what you make it.

by Cobalt was my 1st from TX on Mon Apr 07 2014

This car was great. I had it from 2009 till 2014. I put about 110,000 miles on it. It took me on many 7.5 hour trips back and forth and was durable for the majority of the time. PROS: exterior is sporty for a cheap car, gas lasts a while, good gas mileage (As long as you know how to drive it. Of course if you put the pedal to the metal 24/7 then you're going to get worse gas mileage), great high school car, good space in the front seat and fair for the back, big trunk size, easy to use CONS: cheap looking interior, falls apart by the small pieces but the machine and engine stayed good, small gas tank, uncomfortable back seats, engine was on recall, sticky key transmission Overall, this was a good car for my lifestyle. It supported me through thousands of miles and I was very satisfied by its performance. FYI: I drove the car the entire time it had been on recall. The ignition is a problem only if you are the type to have huge heavy keychains that hang low. It catches your knees and turns the car off. However, I fixed that problem by shifting the car to neutral and starting it back up. Easy fix. Now that it is repaired, it's running like a champ

Great Car

by Dan C from Horseheads, NY on Fri Jul 22 2011

I got this car about a year ago and absolutely love it. It's great on gas, and it handles great. the best thing about the car is easily the maneuverability

Reliable cheap car

by Jeremy from Cincinnati on Thu Feb 08 2018

I got this car after I totaled my previous car. I needed a car and did not have the time to spend searching for one. I found this as it was relatively cheap but I still like the appearance enough. I was not expecting much but after driving it for 4 years, I'm glad I found it. There was nothing flashy or expensive about it but it got the job done. I rarely had any trouble with it and would recommend to someone looking for a cheap reliable car.

Best car I have had

by Mommyof2 from Muncie, IN on Mon Mar 12 2012

I had a cavalier as one of my first cars and I absolutely loved it so then when I heard about this cobalt I was like wow I really want one. I wanted one since they came out. I found this one for 5660 on this site and it was amazing! I LOVE IT.

A Good Car

by BM from Columbia, SC on Mon Jul 13 2009

Well I hated to buy Chevy again but I did. I actually bought the Aveo and the Cobalt the same day. The Aveo was for my daughter. I have been very surprised by this one. I have had it for almost 3 years and it has never been to the shop. I think it has 36,000 miles and offers excellent gas mileage (HWY..up to 37 MPG). Another PRO is the body style and basic features. CONS..Small rear windows (blind spots) on 2 door model. I dont like the quality of the cloth seats.. it shows wear and has frayed. Otherwise, I would buy one again because for its class and price..its the best one out there I believe.

Great performance and gas economy, low pricetag.

by Regular Guy Look from Boston, MA on Wed Jul 19 2006

This is my first Chevy, and I must admit I'm really impressed. The gas mileage, the handling, and the way this car runs makes me really happy. So does the cheap price tag, way less than the Honda or Toyota I looked at in the same range. Nice job GM, keep making them like this one!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9