2006 Cobalt

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt

$735 - $7,391  MSRP Range
2006 Chevrolet Cobalt

4.0

Have You Driven the 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt?

Best made car

by LoKa RoSa from San Bernardino, CA on Tue Nov 20 2007

This car was an impuse buy for me. However, when I got rear ended by a drunk driver at 45/50 mph and nothing but scratches on my bumper, told me this car was built to resist such impacts. I was able to walk away from such an incident because of my cobalt. I am very happy to have made this purchase and have recommended this car due to its build. For being a little car, it sure did block a punch!

Very happy with my Cobalt

by Happy from CA on Wed Sep 16 2009

Have had this car for almost 3 years now. Good value for the money. I wasn't expecting luxury, just a nice car to get me from point a to point b with good gas mileage. I like how it looks too. Fits my two little one's with their carseats in the back, but if we have another baby, I'm afraid we'd need a new car! Reliable little car and I would buy it again if I had it to do over again!

It is what you make it.

by Cobalt was my 1st from TX on Mon Apr 07 2014

This car was great. I had it from 2009 till 2014. I put about 110,000 miles on it. It took me on many 7.5 hour trips back and forth and was durable for the majority of the time. PROS: exterior is sporty for a cheap car, gas lasts a while, good gas mileage (As long as you know how to drive it. Of course if you put the pedal to the metal 24/7 then you're going to get worse gas mileage), great high school car, good space in the front seat and fair for the back, big trunk size, easy to use CONS: cheap looking interior, falls apart by the small pieces but the machine and engine stayed good, small gas tank, uncomfortable back seats, engine was on recall, sticky key transmission Overall, this was a good car for my lifestyle. It supported me through thousands of miles and I was very satisfied by its performance. FYI: I drove the car the entire time it had been on recall. The ignition is a problem only if you are the type to have huge heavy keychains that hang low. It catches your knees and turns the car off. However, I fixed that problem by shifting the car to neutral and starting it back up. Easy fix. Now that it is repaired, it's running like a champ

Great Car

by Dan C from Horseheads, NY on Fri Jul 22 2011

I got this car about a year ago and absolutely love it. It's great on gas, and it handles great. the best thing about the car is easily the maneuverability

Reliable cheap car

by Jeremy from Cincinnati on Thu Feb 08 2018

I got this car after I totaled my previous car. I needed a car and did not have the time to spend searching for one. I found this as it was relatively cheap but I still like the appearance enough. I was not expecting much but after driving it for 4 years, I'm glad I found it. There was nothing flashy or expensive about it but it got the job done. I rarely had any trouble with it and would recommend to someone looking for a cheap reliable car.

Owned for 7 years still running

by AC32 from Sanford on Tue Aug 22 2017

I did some of my own stereo upgrades. It is a basic model on the inside, but meet all needs. The only difficulty was finding a mechanic who understood Cobalts. I did my own research to get the throttle body replaced. Since I have done all maintenance and stayed on top of it, it runs perfect. A MUST- do fuel injection professional cleaning every year. Without doing so, your Cobalt will shake and stall leading to other problems. This car has extremely great pick up. I can go 0- 40 in seconds. It turns extremely well and makes 3 point turns seem simple. It has a steering module recall which I did. Make sure yours had it before purchasing or head to the dealer and it will be free. This is my longest lasting vehicle and tough to part with.

Best Used/Older Car

by DanyellaXo from Stafford, Virginia on Fri Mar 01 2019

This car was so excellent for me during my highschool years because my parents did not want me having the newest car but yet a car that was still cute and reliable. Although this car is one of the older cars I’ve had no problems with it. It fits well for the price that’s being offered and this was definitely a good car to start off with.

Great bang for your buck!

by Saving gas while driving fun from Houston, TX on Fri Jun 23 2006

I bought a 2006 Cobalt 2 dr LT with Automatic trans, Keyless entry,rear deck-lid spoiler and floor mats for 12,300 plus $590 destination charge and TT&L. Not bad price since the MSRP for a plain Jane is $12,400 Car is quite and engine has some zip. If you want a sporty looking economy car that has no economy look, this car is for you. I only recommend if you are looking to buy cheap so stay away from the power windows, leather, sunroof unless you are really a big Chevy fan. Once you spend on all the extra options it it will be better to buy an Acura RSX

No bells and whistles, but very reliable.

by MajesticAmethyst from on Tue Sep 05 2017

Reliable and met my transportation needs but certainly not top of the line in materials. Cheap feel to the interior with the plastic.

Great performance and gas economy, low pricetag.

by Regular Guy Look from Boston, MA on Wed Jul 19 2006

This is my first Chevy, and I must admit I'm really impressed. The gas mileage, the handling, and the way this car runs makes me really happy. So does the cheap price tag, way less than the Honda or Toyota I looked at in the same range. Nice job GM, keep making them like this one!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10