2006 Cobalt

4.1 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Pretty Good!

by Ana86 from on July 29, 2012

I am just about to trade mine in for a new car. I bought it new in '06, and have driven it over 160,000 miles. I know very little about maintaining cars, and it is still running very well. The only things I have replaced are brakes (1 time after 100,000 miles), Struts (1 time after 100,000 miles) and quite a few tires. It has great pick up and runs like a champ. But, then there is the interior. Besides the fact that it's outdated (no usb/aux port), the details chipped off pretty badly on the door and stereo. Two of my speakers have blown (probably from super loud music) and the CD player broke after 158,000 miles (which is really the reason I am replacing it) The back is really, really cramped, so I would not recommend it for more than two or three people needing to ride in it.

Very happy with my Cobalt

by Happy from CA on September 16, 2009

Have had this car for almost 3 years now. Good value for the money. I wasn't expecting luxury, just a nice car to get me from point a to point b with good gas mileage. I like how it looks too. Fits my two little one's with their carseats in the back, but if we have another baby, I'm afraid we'd need a new car! Reliable little car and I would buy it again if I had it to do over again!

Great Economy Car!

by Mrs. Drives-A-Lot from Phoenix, AZ on June 23, 2007

My husband and I bought a Colbalt LT about 6 months ago, because we moved and needed a car with great gas mileage. I use the car to commute to work everyday and it's been a great car. I love the gas mileage this car gets and I think it's a good looking car. However, when I'm driving on the freeway it seems touchy. As if the smallest rock will throw it in the wrong direction. Also, you can't have the back windows open unless the front ones are at least cracked. Otherwise it makes a LOT of noise. Another thing I've noticed is that this car doesn't stand up to wind. A little breeze will push it all over! I'd also have to say that the cup holders do interfere with the a/c controls. Aside from all I've mentioned, it is a great car for the money.

Best made car

by LoKa RoSa from San Bernardino, CA on November 20, 2007

This car was an impuse buy for me. However, when I got rear ended by a drunk driver at 45/50 mph and nothing but scratches on my bumper, told me this car was built to resist such impacts. I was able to walk away from such an incident because of my cobalt. I am very happy to have made this purchase and have recommended this car due to its build. For being a little car, it sure did block a punch!

Good Car From Chevrolet

by blkpttrsn16 from Washington State on January 27, 2013

I bought mine in 2010 as a senior in high school. I got the cobalt ss naturally aspirated so no supercharger. They made this model only in 2006 with the label of "SS" after 2006 they named it the "Cobalt Sport". I got a steal of a deal at a dodge dealership. It only had 54,000 miles on it. At first i was in love with it and then as the years went by i loved it a little less, but its been a great car for the last 3 years. Last year was the only year i really had to put alot of money into it. I had to replace the fuel injectors. I went to chevrolet and the cost about 700 dollars. And then i had to replace the rear brakes. Another 200 dollars. ONE thing that i would of loved to see more would of been more storage. It has a tiny arm rest/storage that can hardly store anything and then a small glove box and then a kinda hidden compartment down by the drivers legs where the trunk release is located. Other than that i would give the interior a review of about 2 stars just because of the cheapness of the materials used. I am a 20 year old and have subs in my car and now all the interior rattles and just isnt up to par with othere vehicles. I am thinking of trading it in this year.

It is what you make it.

by Cobalt was my 1st from TX on April 7, 2014

This car was great. I had it from 2009 till 2014. I put about 110,000 miles on it. It took me on many 7.5 hour trips back and forth and was durable for the majority of the time. PROS: exterior is sporty for a cheap car, gas lasts a while, good gas mileage (As long as you know how to drive it. Of course if you put the pedal to the metal 24/7 then you're going to get worse gas mileage), great high school car, good space in the front seat and fair for the back, big trunk size, easy to use CONS: cheap looking interior, falls apart by the small pieces but the machine and engine stayed good, small gas tank, uncomfortable back seats, engine was on recall, sticky key transmission Overall, this was a good car for my lifestyle. It supported me through thousands of miles and I was very satisfied by its performance. FYI: I drove the car the entire time it had been on recall. The ignition is a problem only if you are the type to have huge heavy keychains that hang low. It catches your knees and turns the car off. However, I fixed that problem by shifting the car to neutral and starting it back up. Easy fix. Now that it is repaired, it's running like a champ

Great Car

by Dan C from Horseheads, NY on July 22, 2011

I got this car about a year ago and absolutely love it. It's great on gas, and it handles great. the best thing about the car is easily the maneuverability

Best car ever!

by CoB4Lt 4 LyfE from Miami, FL on November 24, 2014

This Cobalt is the best car I've ever driven! I've driven Porsche, Lambo, Ferrari, VW and none of them can touch this Cobalt. Lets start with the POWER. The SS version of this car was once the fastest Chevrolet in production. One time me and my crew were out and some punk in a GTR wanted to race. We pulled on that chump so hard that he turned off at the next exist. Camaros, Corvettes, Maseratis this car smokes them all. Now lets talk about the build quality. You won't find this solid a built from anybody Mercedes, BMW, Audi they all wish they could built a car like this. Yes there is a lot of plastic but that is to keep the weight down. Carbon fiber was not used because the plastic is lighter. But despite this the interior still looks amazing. Gas mileage is the best. I used to drive past Prius at the gas station laughing all the time! The only cars that might get better MPG are all electric. Did I mention fast? This car is F A S T! You won't believe how many Honda driving fools you'll put down in this car, you get an SRT4 wants to race that chump is in your rearview before the tires even catch. Truth be told one time I had a 458 driver turn me down, he said flat out he didn't think he could beat it.

Best car I have had

by Mommyof2 from Muncie, IN on March 12, 2012

I had a cavalier as one of my first cars and I absolutely loved it so then when I heard about this cobalt I was like wow I really want one. I wanted one since they came out. I found this one for 5660 on this site and it was amazing! I LOVE IT.

Reliable cheap car

by Jeremy from Cincinnati on February 8, 2018

I got this car after I totaled my previous car. I needed a car and did not have the time to spend searching for one. I found this as it was relatively cheap but I still like the appearance enough. I was not expecting much but after driving it for 4 years, I'm glad I found it. There was nothing flashy or expensive about it but it got the job done. I rarely had any trouble with it and would recommend to someone looking for a cheap reliable car.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8