2006 Chevrolet Colorado

Highly Recommend!!

by from Elizabeth, IN on July 14, 2012

We bought the truck new in 2006 and have not regretted it one minute. It has been great on gas with my over 50 mile commute each day. 24-26 mpg a little of highway and city driving mixed but great gas mileage. We do the preventive maintenance on it with oil changes every 3,000 miles and tire rotation every 6,000 miles. Very little has had to be replaced but what has he cost has been minimal. The truck has it's original battery and is now needing to be replaced. I am very pleased with the truck and it is to drive and handles well. I have drove full size crew cab trucks but really like the way the Colorado handles and drives with ease! We will be buying a new one for me soon but I am in no hurry as I am very pleased with the Chevy Colorado so will drive this one till he insist on buying another one!

Very reliable

by from Moorhead, MN on December 6, 2012

I enjoy it's drivability, much like a car, handles well in traffic and parking. The month that I've had it, with several trips, about the only thing I dislike was this one has no electric locks, and a key lock only on the drivers side, a bit on the bad side with passengers.

Great Value

by from Orlando, FL. on September 23, 2013

Powerful Engine with lots of get up and go, yet still gets 17 miles to the gallon back and forth to work. Has a little over 94,000 miles, yet doesn't leak a drop of anything. I love this little truck (Crew Cab, but smaller than the Silverado).

Great little truck

by from York County, PA on August 25, 2007

I bought an 06 Colorado 4x4. It's an LT with very few options. Sticker was only 19470 and nothing else in that price range felt as solid as the colorado. 4 cyl, 5 speed, 4x4 and it does 75 mph happily. I get good mileage and would definately buy this little weekday commuter/weekend hauler again. I love it.

Good Truck

by from tallahassee,FL on August 7, 2011

Every thing works fine. Air, stero, CD sound is great. It is a nice truck. Crew cab. A little better gas mileage would be nice.

Best Bang For The Buck

by from Alvin, TX on August 17, 2006

Aggressive Styling for the Xtreme Pkg., Excellent power and handling in comparison with its competitors, Spacious interior, no question about where to put your drink down with it having 6 cup holders, Sun and sound pkg. is a great addition with Six speakers stratigically placed throughout the cab and power sun roof, Lowered Suspension with the Xtreme pkg. including 18x8 inch wheels on on four corners to hold you to the ground. All in all the Colorado Xtreme is among the best. My opinion of course.

I am pleased with every aspect of this vehicle.

by from Honolulu, Hawaii on November 11, 2006

I have the five cylinder, manual shift, short bed,regular cab version. No complaints. Extremely pleased with my truck. I would recomend it to anybody.

Good Truck

by from Texas on May 10, 2006

Have a 2005 LS Z71 Crewcab 4x2 I5. Good engine power plus decent gas mileage(avg. 18 city 24 hwy). Wish it was rated to tow more(4000lb rating), but does fine with small trailers, boats, campers, etc. Seats could be a little more comfortable, and being tall, a telescoping steering wheel would help driver comfort since the seat is slid back for legroom. I prefer the Z71 off-road look over non-Z71 and like the looks of the Colorado over the Silverado. The rear seats do create a blind spot when looking back through the rear window. If nobody rides in the back, the seats can be folded down though. Rides smooth, shifts smooth, stops easily, engine is peppy, seats 4 adults pretty comfortably, 6 if you squeeze. Had it for over a year and no reliability issues and plan to keep it for a while. Good safety, interior, and exterior featurs for the money. So far very pleased and no major complaints.

Best truck I've ever had

by from Orland Park on March 30, 2017

Perfect running and driving and the 4x4 never let me down and has great resale value , excellent gas mileage, and reliability, I always use synthetic oil and had kept all maitinence up to date

best handling reliable workhorse

by from New jersey on November 6, 2006

I bought the ZQ8 sport model and the minute i drove it i knew. I have currently put 36000 miles on it without a hitch, and its still one of the fastest trucks ive ever driven, it works hard with me, and as a contractor, im impressed how well it cleans up but still works hard.