2008 Chevrolet Equinox

Falling apart daily

by from Wyoming on September 3, 2017

"JD Powers most reliable car"...what a joke! My car only has 114k miles and something breaks on it everyday. Driver's door won't open from the inside, tire monitors not working, cup holders falling off. I know these seem like little things, but they represent a bigger picture.

Good truck, good mixture of reliability and power.

by from Fort Worth, TX on June 4, 2017

Good truck, good mixture of reliability and power. I love the Sport trim's styling and the extra power that it has. The '08 is also the perfect size. It feels like a truck when you drive it and can haul quite a bit in the back. However, it would have been nice to have a trailer hitch for towing. One thing I would have changed is the center console, we didn't care for the design. The whole arm rest console is raised up so there's just a giant open space underneath it. Also, the most accessible cup holders are fold out and they have to be folded away in order to use the e-brake. There's one cup holder close to the floor board but it's hard to reach it when driving.

Good SUV gas saver!!!@@

by from Lawrenceville on April 28, 2017

Great car,this car is very reliable car very good on gas.will be a great family car with plenty room.

Chevy Equnix 2008 & 2006

by from totowa NJ on April 27, 2017

Great vehicle! Performance, styling, reliability, I never had an issue. I had a 2006 before my 2008 as it was basically the same vehicle as the kept body style for those couple years. Only negative would be the gas mileage. Besides that, no complaints!

Runs like the bunny

by from niota, tn on March 23, 2017

200,000 miles and still going, never any problems. comfortable, easy maintenance. Paint job has not faded.

What a day !

by from Chicago,il on March 23, 2017

I originally was in the market for a 2001 olds aurora. I submitted my info and when to see the car. But when I got to started I noticed that one of the cylinders was cracked so they wasn't able to sell me the car. It was the day of my twins 7th birthday and I really wanted to surprise them with a new car so that they can see that I would be able to see them more often. I was very disappointed however, I was determined to find a car so they looked in their inventory and found a SUV that was in my price range so we drove over to their other location (not too far). And there it was ... 2008 Chevy Equinox! I started it up no problems. I was concerned about the high miles but looking at the car fax it was only one owner and the miles appeared to be highway miles. So I took it. Today makes a month of me having the SUV and still no problems! My kids are happy and so am I! Just looking at back at that day all I can say is ... Boy what a day !

Equinox

by from Mays Landing, NJ on March 22, 2017

Love the car. Remote start, heated seats. Xm radio, OnStar. What more can be said? Runs great. Love the color

My Beautiful Johnny Nox-ville

by from Arvada, CO on March 3, 2017

i just bought my new (well new to me) suv on 2/23/2017. A 08 Chevrolet Equinox, i've always wanted an equinox when they first came out. Believed that they were beautiful. My Johnny drives smooth and he is fabulous in the inside. He makes me feel comfortable. I love me some him! LOL

THIS CAR IS HORRIBLE

by from michigan on April 4, 2015

I have had this vehicle for 2 1/2 yrs. now and all I have done for the past 1 1/2yrs. is replace/fix 3 wheel bearings, head gaskets, alternator, battery, purge cylinoid, brakes, rotors, belts. I know some of this is routine maintenance but every time I turn around something brakes!!!!!!! It has been nickel and diming me to death--NOT at ALL HAPPY!!! Will be trading it in soon!!!! None of these things are cheap-$300 to $1200 a pop. Very tired of spending my money on it. This is the WORST car I have ever owned!!!

Good Car for the money

by from Cave In Rock, IL on August 12, 2014

We purchased our 2008 Chevy Equinox in 2010. Fell in love with it, good manuverability, fun to drive. Had to get used to the road noise and bumpy ride, but on a smooth highway it wasn't bad. Our car was very reliable until this year. We first noticed the heater wasn't working so well then we started hearing water gushing in the fire wall, then it started getting hot. At 107,000 miles we ended up having to get the head gasket replaced. So far it's been working great. There must be a glitch in the 3.4 liter engine, because we also had to replace the head gasket in our Chevy Impala with the same size engine. All in all, it's has a nice looking style and reliability.

Our Expert Review: 2008 Chevrolet Equinox