2008 Equinox

4.4

Have you driven the 2008 Chevrolet Equinox?

Buying my second Equinox

by Equinox Enthusiast from St. Louis, MO on Thu Jan 14 2010

This is a wonderful car. The features and reliability, for the money, are amazing. The LT package, when upgraded with heated leather seats, chrome wheels, and power sunroof, will inspire your passengers to say "wow!" I am now in the process of buying a new Equinox, to replace my much-loved 2008. I can speak first hand to the truth of the claims of 5-star crash ratings. We all hope we never have to test this out, but I will tell the whole world, I really feel that you cannot drive a safer SUV, for the money. A week ago, I was t-boned by a huge truck, which ran its red light and collided with me. Sadly, my car was a total loss, but I sustained only minimal injuries (a few very minor airbag burns and abrasions), and my 2 and 4 year old children were not harmed, at all. We all walked away, from what could have been a deadly accident. I was amazed at how safe our car kept us, and I am really thankful, especially considering that a friend of mine was involved in a similar accident, a few months ago, in a small car, and she sustained terrible injuries. When I see her struggle to go through physical therapy, as the result of her injuries, I feel so grateful that my family was safe in our Equinox. Sorry for the long review, but after driving my Equinox, I am loyal. If we have more kids in the future, I may move up to a Traverse, but until then, we will be happy with another Equinox!

Amazing gas milage for an SUV

by desiannz from Napa Valley, CA on Mon Jan 17 2011

Ours is a 2008 Chevy Equinox...we bought the car online to catch a 0% interest promotion and it far exceeded our expectations when we got it. We have had lots of SUVs and this one really has the best ride - it drives like a luxury car. The milage amazes me! We get 19+ miles per gallon in town and in the mountains and 24-30+ on the highway when the cruise control is set...24 mpg at about 65-70 mph...and jumps to 30+ if you keep it to 55-60 mph. The back seat is very roomy and fits tall people quite comfortably. We are a little shortchanged on cup holders and clothing hooks, but, the rest of the features easily make up for that. The Onstar Package, built in phone and satelite radio is really nice!

by Opiesan from Goldsboro, NC on Sun May 16 2010

I purchased the vehicle used this winter. I love the way it drives and handles. It has all of the bell & whistles. Biggest Pro: interior space, the back seat adjust fwd & aft to allow you to utilize unused cargo area for leg room. With the seat all the way back, you can play racketball in the back seat. Biggest Con: cup holders in the front seat. I love this vehicle.

Proud of my black beauty

by USA cars forever from Marietta, OH on Wed Jun 24 2009

Since I was driving a 1996 Olds Ciera, my new (to me) 2008 Black Granite Metallic Equinox is the greatest thing since sliced bread. It is in perfect condition dispite having 59K when I bought it a month ago for $12,000. Within 72 hours my wife and I put 1,100 miles on it driving to her parents. We got 24MPG on that interstate trip, but I'm only getting 16MPG around town now. I bought a black plastic tote box to hold jumper cables, flashlight, etc. because there are no places to stow things. But other than city mileage and little storage, I absolutely love it and am proud to by a Chevy owner.

08 sport

by brunnieo from El Dorado, AR on Thu Oct 27 2011

Me and my wife got our 08 Equinox sport about 3 months ago and we love it!!!!! I read up on the suv or crossover that everyone was puttin out and this one just caught our eyes and trust me it does other eye's as well. Couldn't really afford a brand new one so got an 08. This thing will fly and just preforms like a sport car. Its fully loaded and i love to drive it. Very comfortable on highway. We did lose alittle gas milage comin from a HHR witch was a very nice smaller ride. I just love my gm's. The equinox is very roomy and very nice lookin.

love it!

by Goldienox1 from boston,ma on Tue Apr 12 2011

took a bit to get used to the size but now I love it. The back seat moving up to lengthen the back is very useful. I volunteer at animal shelter, so far the has been nothing I couldn't fit in this car, Bales of hay, dog/cat crates,wood. Top that off with comfy seats lots of leg room front and back and an awsome radio for long rides. Glad I bought it.

Runs like the bunny

by Phgawee from niota, tn on Thu Mar 23 2017

200,000 miles and still going, never any problems. comfortable, easy maintenance. Paint job has not faded.

Lots of bang for the buck!

by T from Mariposa, CA on Sun Mar 08 2009

Just bought my new Equinox Sport after pricing and driving ALL the competitors. I absolutely love the look and handling, and you CANNOT beat all the features for the price.And the interior room blows away all the competition. One of the best warranties as well.

LOVE my equinox

by Pinkzebrastripes from To on Fri Mar 14 2014

I'm a Chevy fan but this was one vehicle I wasn't enthuist to buy. I didn't think I would enjoy an equinox but I love it. The seats are super comfy, ride is quiet, it drives very smooth, plenty of leg room in front and back, great gas mileage when compared to my old blazer, plenty of cargo space and it is easy to maneuver in traffic. I'm not sure if all models comes stock with a pioneer stereo system but the stock pioneer system in mine is great. I love the little things like the adjustable back row seat. You can easily slide it forward or back for more leg room or more cargo. It also has moveable luggage rack to suit your need. It also has plenty of cupholders, 1 in the middle of the front seats, 2 pull out of the console, 2 pull out of the back of the console, and 2 built in to the back arm rest. The back seats and the front passe gender also fold down flat if you need to haul anything long. The only thing that I do not like is the fact there is no bluetooth. It is equipped with onstar but the dealer can not install bluetooth. I have to with with an aftermarket product. Even though it gets great gas mileage compared to my old blazer, I do with it got the gas mileage of the 10 or newer model.

Pays Attention

by ezmeralda from West Windsor,N.J. on Sat Jan 31 2009

Ezmeralda is my 2008 EQUINOX Sport AWD. I am very pleased with this auto after owning Ford Escapes. It really moves when it needs to and the 6 speed manually shifting trans is grand making the vehicle FUN to drive.The few things I would like have been adressed in the 2009 model so who knows.

1 2 3 4 5

Our Take on the 2008 Chevrolet Equinox

The 2008 Chevrolet Equinox Sport is the answer to a question I thought no one was asking: "Why isn't there a deluxe, high-performance version of the Equinox?"

Shows what I know. The Equinox, introduced as a 2005 model, has filled an important but moderately low-profile niche for General Motors: As a five-passenger "crossover," sharing bits and pieces with the Saturn Vue, it targets consumers who don't need the ruggedness of the Chevrolet TrailBlazer, or want a minivan like the Chevrolet Uplander. Though offered in all-wheel-drive, the Equinox is no off-roader, and most sold are front-wheel-drive. It's an attractive, utilitarian vehicle marketed at a reasonable price, powered by a reasonably old-fashioned, Chinese-built... Read More