Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2007 HHR

2007 Chevrolet HHR

2007 Chevrolet HHR

4.2

4 out of 5 stars Interior Design

Have You Driven the 2007 Chevrolet HHR?

Fun to Drive

by Music Gear Hauler from Kansas CIty on Tue Jul 06 2010

I"ve owned this 2007 for 7 months. I love the handling. It has a tight turning circle and not much lean in the turns. Performance is ok for 4 cylinders and I get around 27-29 mpg in town more toward 27 with the A/C going. I did 32 MPG on a trip. There is room for plenty of luggage in the cargo area and even more with the rear seat folded down. The 6 way drivers seat is comfortable and the lumbar adjustment really helps. The interior takes some getting used to. The window controls are on the console. I guess it saved money but it makes for confusion especially when you drive several vehicles. There is no conventional dome light. The rear view mirror has two down-facing lights but they don't help much with things in your lap or the floor. There is no center storage, just two cup holders that are limited in cup height by the emergency brake lever. The Speedometer is readable but a bit small. The narrow spacing means it doesn't have to move far for a 10 MPH change. However the cruise control is rock solid. The door lock button location is a problem. It's on the window trim, like the vintage cars, and with the high placement of the window, eveytime you access an ATM or go through a drive through that button jams into your bicep. I'll have to find an after market button that sets flat when locked or just remove it. The tailgate lift cartriges are so strong that it's hard to close the tailgate in one motion. It takes a forceful throw to latch it. If you're carring an umbrella in the rain forget it. The remote start is great. It lets you give it that little warm up before you jump in and go. Speaking of warm up, this car comes up to temp fast. Theres no freezing your rear off half way to work, it's really nice. The heating and A/C works well but you can't turn off the A/C when in the recirculate mode. The turn signals tend not to cancel when you complete your turn unless you remember to turn it back a little extra. I like the car but wish they had done a better job around the cockpit.

Nice!

by Bones from Dover, DE on Mon Jun 24 2013

The HHR is good car. Needed some getting use to because the windshield is rather small. Love the sunroof and the automatic car start on the remote key pad. I bought this car with a lot of miles on it but it is still working well. Rides like a 4 cylinder and gets good mileage. Good space inside even though I am 6'4''. Love all the features on the dash. Would recommend this car to others.

A faithful companion

by 843DE from Charlotte, NC on Sun Oct 10 2010

Purchased to replace a slowly failing Chevy Van this little truck-let has proved a faithful companion. Highway mileage averages out to 34 with around town mileage coming in at 28. So far only routine service has been required, just the usual oil changes and tire rotations. The remote start has proved invaluable in the hot Carolina summer, just poke a button and cool down the truck. Performance is above average and the 2.2 liter engine is willing to rev its mind out when needed. I thought I'd miss the room of a full size van, but I haven't been able to over stuff the HHR yet. The only little niggle that took getting used to were the window switches on the console, maybe the designer had an old Saab. Over all I'd buy another one, and I am doing just that...sorry but this one isn't for sale.

So Much Fun!

by Packmate from Central Virginia on Thu Jun 24 2010

Of all the cars I've owned, this one is the most fun. It's also the first time I've had strangers come up to me to ask about my car. Although the styling is a little "different", it's different in a good way. The interior room is surprising and the pick-up is amazing for a small engine. I get over 27 mpg and fill up about every 430 miles. I travel over 140 miles per day and enjoy driving my HHR!

My Dream Car!

by Dog Trainer from Orlando, FL on Sat Dec 29 2012

I would have picked this car out of the whole car lot, even over the new cars. The appearance is exactly what I wanted. It's important that I can fit dog crates and other supplies for events in the back, and there is as much room as an SUV. The pick-up and gas mileage are okay, though could be better, but it handles well and is comfortable. I've only had it a short time so I can't speak for reliability, but so far I love this car!

Love my HHR

by Old lady from Homestead, Fl on Tue Jul 24 2012

I needed a car that is easier to get into than my Saturn was. This is easy to get in and out of and a easy car to drive. I love it.

Best new car owned..

by The Troll from Guthrie Ok. on Mon Jan 15 2007

This is the most underrated SUV. Getting over 30 miles per gallon Average(both city and hwy).We bought the lowest priced model but it had Air,Cruise,pwr. widows and keyless entry not to mention cd/stereo.The car drives like a dream with good handling and power for a 2.2l engine. The 5 yr/100kmi road service is a plus..Yes I will buy another and highly rate this car...Very satisfied

First small car i've owned and i'm impressed

by Steve from Indianapolis, IN on Sun Jan 14 2007

I have only owned trucks before buying this car so i was hesitant about being comfortable in this "small" car. But I was impressed by how quiet this car rides. The HHR also drives and rides very smooth and handles exceptionally well. I am also pleased with the comforts of this car for the price. I have only a couple of complaints with this car which are minor. No lights on the interior of the door (I feel that this is an important safety feature if you have to open the door at night) Interior lighting is poor (The 2 LED's on the mirror do not provide enough light in the front seats) Lack of storage compartments The storage compartment on the dash is nice in that when opened it does not block view of the road but because of its location some things may be exposed to higher temperatures due to direct sunlight through the windshield during the summer but despite my little nit picks i am very pleased so far with this car. Also one last thing, I had previously owned an '02 Suburban and in comparison I feel that the ride, comfort, and quality of the HHR is just as good.(The only thing I miss is the massive amount of storage of the suburban)

Nice small vehicle

by G-man from Lamar, CO on Fri Sep 26 2008

Best mileage has been 31.5mpg on hwy, average city/hwy 26. Ride is real good on smooth hwy, short wheelbase makes for bumpy ride on rough hwy. I have a'07 LT with the 2.4 engine, it's not hot rod but does good for me. Solid doors, no wind noise. I had a '01 Mazda Millennia doors sounded tinny, motor went bad at 72,000 miles! This HHR rides as good as it did! The Madza's leather was softer. The pillars and switches for the power windows is not a bother or me. I don't like auto headlights or wiper stick on the right side of the steering wheel. Over all a great small wagon with good mileage.

After 8100 miles, I am still happy with this car.

by Careful, conservative, driver from Michigan on Thu Jan 25 2007

I had a list of features that I wanted as we were looking for a car. The tilt steering wheel has been fine. The electronic steering has been great for me and I like the idea of no hoses, no oil to leak. The 4 speed automatic transmission has worked as it should and we have been on two trips to Florida, from Michigan, traveling up and down the interstate hills with no problem. I like the 2.2, 4 cylinder engine that does the 70 mph speed limit with ease, and 32 miles per gallon, makes me happy, too. So far, nothing rattles, and I like the battery being in the rear compartment, where it is clean and cool. Also, I like it that the spare tire is inside the car, where it is clean and ready to use, if needed. I also wanted the aluminum wheels, so they would stay nice and not rust. I think you get a lot for your money with this vehicle. I can get in and out of the cabin easily, and my rear seat passengers seem to be happy with the room and comfort there. Another feature that I enjoy is that you can remotely lock and unlock all the doors. While I did not know about the remote start until we were purchasing the car, I am enjoying it, as it comes with the auto transmission. So far the only expense we have had is to have the dealer change the oil and filter two times. I am using about 50 per cent less gas than in our Mercury Grand Marquis. Also, the engine is low emissions and that should help the environment. This vehicle is big, but not too big. The radio CD player has been all we need. I like the compartment on the dash for sunglasses, etc., a nice touch. Sometimes I wish the windshield had smaller pillars at each side and maybe another cup holder in the back. Last but not least is the 100K mile/5year warranty. I am happy yet at 8100 miles.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Our Take on the 2007 Chevrolet HHR

I would have thought this car would have been an answer to a question no one was asking: "Why can't I get a Chevrolet HHR without any side windows?"

But judging from the popularity of the HHR Panel van during the week I drove it, I might be wrong.

The Mexican-built wagon, based on the same platform as the Chevrolet Cobalt, has been hot since its introduction as a 2006 model. Chevrolet is ultrasensitive about suggestions that the HHR is just a late answer to the retro Chrysler PT Cruiser, insisting that the inspiration for the HHR is the 1949 Chevrolet Suburban. Which, incidentally, offered "panel" models with no side windows behind the front row.

When Chevrolet noticed that some aftermarket customizers were... Read More