2010 HHR

4.5 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.5 out of 5 starsReliability

Fun to drive

by MattinMO from Springfield, MO on March 29, 2013

I've had my 2010 HHR for about 1.5 years and still love it. Yes there are some issues with blind spots, but you get used to them after a few days. The engine has a lot of get up and go and when passing someone or going up a hill it sounds like an angry bee but has no issue with power, even when the AC is on. The heat in winter will about run you out if turned on high temp. AC in summer is Ice cold. It is easy to drive and can zip right into parking spaces. When sitting inside it feels so much bigger then it really is. I really like the fold down back seat and have used it to haul larger things several times. Only issue that I had with it came after about 8 months after I got it, the ignition wouldn't turn to off position to turn off the engine and remove key. Had to remove the fuel injectors fuse and unplug the battery to shut car off. I had received a letter from GM a week before that to advise of issue with ignition getting stuck. I took it to dealer and within an hour it was fixed and for free. Handles pretty good on snow and ice too, however took me a while to get used to the traction control trying to compensate for skid. Over all I think this is a very good and reliable car that gets pretty good gas mileage when using regular gas and not so good mileage on E85, but that is normal for all cars using E85.

Love It !!!

by Lucky Bug from Texas on January 3, 2011

I have had my car for three months and absolutely love it!!! I last had a Saturn and it was hard for me to get out of the car (I have knee problems). The HHR is perfect for me....I have the driver's seat raised to the highest level and it is perfect for seeing out the windshield. It also makes it great for getting in and out of the car without causing knee pain. I have been getting between 27 to 30 mph....depending whether it is city or highway driving. It has a lot of room inside for passengers and packages and it rides smoothly. Like I said before...I love it!!!!!

2010 HHR bought 10/12/10

by Cloie from Springfield MIssouri on April 5, 2014

We have had nothing but problems with our HHR. I am surprised other people have not. 3/16/12 The key would not shut car off. A ignition lock cylinder had to be replaced. 4/9/12 Sun visor would not stay up. Got new visor. 7/12/12 Power steering quit working . New power steering motor. 3/15/13 Air conditioner not working. AC compressor replaced. 1/7/14 Transmission leaking. Transmission cooler lines replaced. 4/3/14 Loud rattle chunking noise in steering column. Needs new steering column to start with, $600 on us. We have not had this done. Dealer says this is where they will start working on noise, but very good chance this repair and additional repairs will never fix problem. In other words spend a lot of money, but problem will still be there. Also, we have had a lot problems with the rotors on this car. They were replaced 1 year ago and need replaced again. I'm a 60 year old woman and this car has 50,000 miles on it and has always had easy driving. This car handles great for getting in parking spaces and it has 30 mpg on highway. Fun to drive. I've had lots of compliments on the paint color.

Does not recommend this car!!

Sound value for the money

by Skirloc from Batavia IL on March 20, 2012

I really like the exterior design and the roomy inside. My only complaint is that the defrost has a tendency to blow up and toward your face which can make it feel stuffy. However, my family really likes it.

Great Car

by MattinMO from Springfield, MO on August 20, 2011

I recently purchased a used 2010 HHR LT after reading multiple reviews and spending a month researching what kind of car I wanted. After test driving this one I was sold. People tell me it's ugly but I think it looks great. It has zippy little engine that has plenty of power to get up and go when needed yet is easy on gas. I traded in my old 99 Malibu that I have driven for over 10 years and was afraid that this car would be too cramped but I find quite the opposite is true. It sits higher up and the seat feels like I'm sitting in a comfy chair. The car's handling is great and it has many great features and great crash test rating. So I would recommend this car to anyone that wants a small yet roomy and reliable means of transportation. The only thing i'm not crazy about is when using E-85 fuel the mileage is about 20% less then with gas, but I know that is true with all Flex-Fuel cars, other then that this is one fun car to drive.

Great car for the money

by Chevy Guy from Dallas, TX on March 13, 2013

Surprisingly roomy on the inside. Fits 4 adults comfortably. I like the reconfigurable storage in the back. and the fact that it is plastic rather than carpeted. I can run to the big box home store and pick up supplies and not worry about messing up carpet. This one has a standard transmission, so performance is adequate. I test drove an automatic and it felt anemic. So far, gas mileage is great 26-27 in town and 31+ on the highway. No problems so far. This is a car I enjoy getting in and driving every morning.

Love my HHR

by Bike chick from Vancouver, WA on May 13, 2011

We got the HHR so we would have a vehicle that could haul stuff - for my woodworking husband and gear for my bicycling hobby. What a find. It meets our needs for functionality and looks great too. The gas mileage is a nice plus as well. Comparison shopping found competitors lacking. They just weren't built as solidly.

Great utility

by contractor from NJ on September 27, 2011

Great little wagon. Plenty of pep & good MPG. I get 28 MPG ovewrall. 32 -34 Hwy. Fold flat front passenger seat allows me to carry 8' lumber & 8' ladder inside. I bought a 2010 with 30K miles from a Chevy Dealer and received the extra warranty at no charge & they put on new tires and brakes. Paying less than 14 K out the door,I felt like I got a good car at a good price with the features that were important to me.

2010 Chevy HHR LT2

by Brokenmold from Chicago on June 18, 2012

Found nice low mileage certifed HHR On Cars.com So far it has done everything expected. The gas mileage in City is appox. 24 Using E85 has proven to be more costly then regular gasoline and unless there is at least $1.00 difference doesn't pay to use it. The only downside to car is interior panels are completely made of a heavy no attractive plastic.

2010 HHR

by Britguy from Middletown,Ohio on November 15, 2011

Economical, great small utility vehicle. Interior could do with a redesign. Cup holders are in an awkward position. If you're tall, the windshield is a bit low, its difficult to look up at traffic lights when at the stop line. Good balance between power and gas mileage. Good usefull features and options.

1 2 3 4 5 6